Fall 2016 Anime Thread

Malkav

French Madman
Monogatari is love, Monogatari is life.

Can't wait for the second Kizumonogatari.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Gintama coming back. News from today. Probably sometime next year, but yeah. Fucking psyched.

• 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Just found out there's an 8 episode OVA for Strike the Blood this Fall season. Fuck yeah, best season ever.

G.jpg
StriketheBlood-Sayaka-Step.jpg

• 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Strike the Blood was a good guilty pleasure, will watch the OVAs.

• 1Like

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Crunchyroll are finally showing ancient magus bride and its pretty darn good. It's just three episodes I believe and it counts as the prologue to the manga. Recommend it if you want a break from the usual spastic anime. The anime has a mellow miyazaki vibe.

• 1Like

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I just finished binge watching ReLIFE, and now I'm pissed at the lack of an ending and no season 2 for a while, if they even make one. I hate it when shows do this.

• 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
So I just finished binge watching ReLIFE, and now I'm pissed at the lack of an ending and no season 2 for a while, if they even make one. I hate it when shows do this.

There's a reason why it happens, but it's kinda boring. ReLIFE might still get a Season 2, be more mad about stuff like Spice and Wolf never getting a Season 3.

• 1Like

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Or Shigurui. I was pissed for weeks about that and I got shit about it from everyone I got to watch it. Still worth it, it's one of my favorite anime.

• 1Like

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Just stumbled across this on cruncyroll : Izetta: The Last Witch

Synopsis:
Set in an alternate Earth on the eve of the 2nd World War, the story follows Izetta, the last surviving member of a clan of witches that possesses the ability to magically manipulate any object that they touch. Izetta pledges to help protect Princess Fine and the tiny Alpine kingdom of [Eylstadt] from invasion by the imperialistic forces of Germania.

Animation quality was very high, though it's the first episode so that's to be expected. Decent story so far and has me intrigued.

Gonna keep watching it.

tumblr_oee9n25SIE1r4vymlo1_500.gif

Also, newspaper is in german..pretty neat attention to detail there:
http://i.imgur.com/XsxYdtD.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Since the summer thread is a bit buried now, gonna post here to say Thunderbolt fantasy was fucking amazing. Who would have thought that a Taiwanese puppet TV show written by an anime director could be so fucking bad ass. Can't wait till season 2, I hope they keep following Shang around.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Ok whats good so far that has aired? im behind and clueless atm.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Crunchyroll stepping up their game a bit, I like it.

FMA:B made its way there finally, imma rewatch this over the week end.

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
They added Cowboy Bebop a while back too. Really sucks that older shows like that don't have a 16:9 version, but it's fuckin' Bebop I can let it slide.

You're gonna watch the entirety of FMA:B in one weekend? Better bring the poopsock!

Also think I'll take some time today and watch as many of the new shows as I can that are out, just reading the descriptions on Anichart.net there seems to be a decent number of shows that at the very least sound watchable.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
FMA:B has a nice set of OVA's as well. I remember buying the entire collection in BluRay on Amazon a few years ago. Collection 1&2 were $23.49/each as a Lightning Deal. And the OVA collection was an additional $12.49

Collection 1 was episodes 1-33. Collection 2 is 34-64. The OVA collection has the 4 OVA's.

Not a bad series for $60 total.

I can't wait until my daughter is old enough to watch some of these shows that I'm saving for her. She'll probably hate them, but at least the option is there for her to watch.

• 1Like