Fall 2017 Anime Thread

Malkav

French Madman
First of the new shows, UQ Holder! - It's a show about a kid that's a vampire. Very gory. Honestly, it wasn't bad. I'll give it a shot for episode 2. The attitude slightly (very slightly) reminds me of Hero Academia. It doesn't seem to be that type of show, but who knows.

FYI, the manga it's from is a sequel to Mahou Sensei Negima (which never did get a proper adaptation in anime).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
FYI, the manga it's from is a sequel to Mahou Sensei Negima (which never did get a proper adaptation in anime).
Doing a quick google of Mahou Sensei Negima, that's how this episode started out. And it was cheesy as shit. Teacher in an all girls school, and all the girls are wearing strange outfits. Some are in school clothing, others in bathing suits, others in sports attire. All standing next to one another. Then the teacher sneezes and all the girls clothes vanish. So stupid. But then the story focuses on the more Vampire-centric part for the remainder of the episode, and it was actually decent.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Doing a quick google of Mahou Sensei Negima, that's how this episode started out. And it was cheesy as shit. But the more Vampire-centric part of the remainder of the episode was actually decent.

That tended to be the case with Negima too. There was all this goofy harem shit all over the place but it ended up with quite a serious story alongside.

Somehow, in the various anime adaptations of Negima, they always just kept the goofy shit and didn't adapt the actual story, which was a weird decision to me.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I don't they'll even mention anything MSN, they could go three seasons without even touching it.

As far as uq holder vs boku, I find boku way more enjoyable (manga) uq holder will probably focus on pervy slapstick.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
I don't they'll even mention anything MSN, they could go three seasons without even touching it.

Well except he is kinda looking for his grandfather from the start and the fact that one of the main characters of UQ Holder is a character from Negima.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Well except he is kinda looking for his grandfather from the start and the fact that one of the main characters of UQ Holder is a character from Negima.
Yes, you don't have to know where Evangeline came from, just that uq holder focus' around
uq holder, her organization

Also totas main goal should be to go up that tower.

Sure we'll be confused when wtf fate???

But that could just be another relic of the past

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Oh yeah, I mean, they could absolutely totally ignore the backstory or change it or whatever, still would be retarded.

Looking at myanimelist, number of episodes is not announced yet. Let's see if it even survives long term.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Oh yeah, I mean, they could absolutely totally ignore the backstory or change it or whatever, still would be retarded.

Looking at myanimelist, number of episodes is not announced yet. Let's see if it even survives long term.
They'll have at most two 24ep seasons, then just think the back story will kill the anime, since by then tota will be the least interesting character, just like nagi, in tenjou tenge

• 1Like

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Can't wait for ancient magus bride. Loved the ghibli-esque animation style of the three ova's that came out earlier this year. Hope the music's great.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Soo first up to bat is Black Clover aaaand.. nope.
Yea.. if every episode is going to have Asta yelling for 15min, I'll pass and just read the manga.

UQ holder looks like just another harem anime, I didn't a Hero Academia feel from it at all.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Soooo Dia Horizon must have been Square trolling.

You have this trailer, which doesn't show anything but seems serious :

The anime is supposed to be a cross promotion for a game, so I expected something like Granblue Fantasy from this summer.

Nooooope. Stupid ugly 3D chibis : It's a Fantasy / Salaryman Mash-Up in "Dia Horizon-ee" TV Anime

Dropped before even starting thanks to MAL comments.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
So, Souma was just Soma. More Soma is always good.

Interesting start to Juni Taisen, we're in for a ridiculous battle royale. Still, I wonder if every episode will be from the PoV of the one who is gonna die. Would become predictable quickly.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So far:
Black Clover - Bad, only due to MC's constant yelling
Food Wars - More of the same goodness
Zodiac - Interesting and good
UQ Holder - Neutral

• 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I'll give Black Clover one or two more eps and if the MC is still yelling like an asshole it's a drop.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Shokugeki no Soma was a decent start. It didn't really show any cooking except in the form of the #8 rival. But it did a good job of setting the season up. I look forward to seeing how he does in the festival.

• 1Like

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Looks like this season of Shokugeki no Soma will be a 24 episode run too.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Malkav

French Madman
I wonder where it will stop. I mean the festival arc is rather short but the next arc which is the Central arc is not even finished yet in the manga and Yukihira still didn't get his showdown with #1.

• 1Like

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
Maybe the anime will go off script and get its own ending. Then in a few years we can get Shokugeki: Brotherhood and it'll be even better!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users