Fall 2017 Anime Thread

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm comparing it to fate because that's the only anime I've ever watched that used that genre. So... fate. or I guess battle royal. Sorry.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
Asenshi is who I used for Little Witch Academia, they do in fact do great work. So far there really isn't anything that stands out that isn't a sequel season or continuation from summer. Bleh.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Xarpolis Xarpolis Houseki no Kuni is an odd show, but as you saw it has nice animation. The story is basically about humanoid gems on Earth (supposedly genderless, but decidedly feminine) that fight off some other type of people who live on the Moon which come down and try to take them as jewelry. I'm giving it a chance since its so strange, but well animated.

So far, for me the best shows have been Kino's Journey and Zodiac War(?), with some high expectations for Children of the Whales and Inuyashiki.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm giving Children of the Whales a shot right now. And I'll look for Inuyashiki when it comes out. In the mean time, I'll watch the first season (12 episodes) of Kekkai Sensen. That should make the crazy of what I watched make more sense. The first episode starts off exactly the same as the 1st ep of the 2nd season.

• 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I did not like Kekkai Sensen. I wanted to like it, but I dropped it after 3 episodes.

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Yuki Yuna wa Yusha de Aru - Washio Sumi no Shou
That is the second season (or to be precise: a prequel) of Yuki Yuna wa Yusha, which was a "magical girls, but with a dark twist" series trying to copy what Madoka made it hit big.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Children of the Whale was really good, will keep watching for sure. Reminds a bit of Shinseki Yori, with the art style of Grimmgar.

Black Clover was less annoying, thankfully.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Ok, I've watched everything that's available by Horriblesubs so far, for those that want to torrent. I'm also not going to comment on any show that isn't the 1st season. HorribleSubs » So bad yet so good

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ame-con!! - This is a 2 minute show about a cafe in Waikiki. It's probably going to be like friends, but at 2 minutes, I don't care. I'll watch. Plus, it'll be fun to see how well they recreate Waikiki.

Animegataris - This is "cute" anime style show. A girl in high school meets the lavish other girl in high school, and they decide to re-start the failed school Anime Club. This might be okay. I'm on the fence. It didn't bother me, but it didn't make me happy either. Hmm... Oh, more pastel style colors.

Black Clover - I'm not really sure what to make of this. Like you guys said, the one character screams way too much. In fact, that's pretty much his only sound is screaming. This show reminds me too much of DBZ's screaming and Naruto in the form of not having natural talent, but having an undying "try harder" mentality, all the while being the focus of every bodies jokes.

Blend S - The animation seems decent enough. The style uses lots of light pastel colors. Girl gets a job working at a cafe that specializes in "types" of waitresses. The main girl gets the "sadistic" role, meaning she's allowed to insult the customers and call them trash. This seems to be one of the "cute" type of shows for this season. It didn't hook me like dragon maid, but it'll probably still be decent enough.

Code Realize - Sousei no Himegimi - This is a show with Lupin, a popular thief character in Japan. It takes place in Great Britain, back in the days of the industrial revolution. There's a princess that has poison skin and a perpetual motion machine implanted into her chest by her father. This show will probably be great, but it isn't my style. I'm sure some of you will really like it.

Dies Irae - Japanese Nazi's doing stuff. Then some other shit happens, like 2 people that have bandages covering their body who decide to fight. I'm really bored with this show already, so I just shut it off.

Dynamic Chord - This is a show about a boy pop band. As soon as I saw what it was about, I shut it off. The intro didn't really offer anything of value either.

Garo - Vanishing Line - Starts with mysterious music and high quality animation. Then it goes to light techno as they introduce a character. This it going to be a horror show. Then suddenly a fight, and it goes pure metal. Animated "shaky-cam" style video. The "tit creature" is getting its ass beat. Now a skimpy dressed blonde chick and a motorcycle. I think the Berserk watchers are going to love this show.

Himouto! Umaru-chan R - This is another show that's going with the "cute" thing. There's a school girl that becomes like a baby all the time and also a bandit I guess. It didn't really make sense. I shut it off quick.

Houseki no Kuni - I'm not really sure what this show is. The animation is really well done, and the effect of the grass field where almost all of the blades of grass are blowing in the wind was a nice touch. It's a show about girls, but they all have sparkly hair. And there's a "master" that kind of teaches them. But then a sky thing comes out to shoot arrows at them, and the girls cut the sky thing's head off, but the arrow shooters get arrows from inside of the hollow neck. Then the sparkly girls shatter like crystals. It doesn't make any sense. I got a little more than 50% into the first episode, but was confused, so I shut it off.

Imouto sae Ireba Ii. - Show starts with naked 14 year old girl sitting on her brother to wake him up, then tongue kisses him. The brother then washes his face with the bathwater the girl just used before drying his face with her used bra. What the fuck? Now there's a girl that should have died yesterday, but the sister feeds the guy breakfast made from her eggs and milk? Seriously, what the fuck? Actually, now I'm not sure. The story is about a writer, and his editor just jumps in to break up that earlier insanity. Now the writer is having a dinner party, and a younger girl guest says "that was a great dinner, can I have your dick for desert?" Strange show. Nothing actually happens, but strange anyway. It's silly. I'll probably give it a 2nd episode to decide on. The sexuality is just in words, not actually being like hentai or anything.

Just Because! - The animation style of this show seems like something I would enjoy. It's a story of a bunch of high school kids getting ready for college. This takes place in Chiba, due to the suspended monorail train. I'm not a fan of the light hearted orchestra that plays in the background, but the show is good overall. I'll continue with this one.

Juuni Taisen - Strange show. That older sister really did annoy me. This seems like just another version of the Fate series we all enjoy. The animation was good. I'll give it a watch.

Kekkai Sensen & Beyond - This is a fun show. Looks like early has a demon ruler that gets joy in killing people, so there are superheroes all over that try to help. Lots of death, but it's all fun. I'll probably like this show a lot. Actually, the strangeness of this show, reminds me of "The Tick" a lot.

Kino no Tabi - There's a country where murder isn't illegal, and people are moving there. And there's a motorcycle that talks. The story isn't actually about that country though. It's a story of traveling. The main character, Kino, is riding his motorcycle all over, staying in different places for 3 days at a time. It was a unique show, but I think I'll like it.

Konahara Kitan - It's a world of animal people. There's a cat girl, a bird person, a mole person, a mouse person... Beautiful scenery. Pretty awesome looking hotel that the cat girl works at. This reminds me a lot of "Restaurant in Another World". Nothing really happens, but it's good. It's about the hotel and its guests, as opposed to a restaurant.

Mahoutsukai no Yome - First off, this is the Ancient Magus Bride that had a 3 OVA's leading up to this series. Those 3 were very good. This episode did not disappoint. It's very calming, all things considered. And the "mage" actually showed a little bit of magic this episode. I don't understand what makes him so rare though. I guess I'll learn by watching.

Net-juu no Susume - Girl loses her job so decides to play MMO's all the time instead. She makes a boy character that sucks, and meets a girl character that's a healer that boy character out. This is like a weak version of SAO/Log Horizon/Grimgar/NGNL/ect. I'm not interested.

Osake wa Fuufu ni Natte Kara - 3 minute show. The moral of this show is cute girls can't be themselves until they've had something to drink. Drunk is better yet. Let those inhibitions go.

Ousama Game - King's Game. This is kind of like that Russian phone game, Blue Whale Challenge, that has people kill themselves. Lots of death in this show. I'm not interested.

Pikotarou no Lullaby Lullaby - This looks like a flash video that they made into an anime. Male voices for all of the cast, including girls. It's creepy.

Sengoku Night Blood - Girl is walking through a city and her cell phone causes everyone to freeze, then teleports her to a midevil world where people are fighting. There's a character named Kenshin in this show. It also has something to do with vampires. It didn't hold my attention at all.

Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou - This starts out with a pretty cool 2-man tank driving through a factory or a mine shaft. It's hard to tell the difference. But then they show the characters of the show, which look an awful lot like Funco Pop figures. Big heads, blank expressions... Terrible. It's a shame because the tank is pretty cool. I'm annoyed by all the shitty anime I've seen at this point, so I don't even want to give it a chance. I really hate the look of the characters.

Taishou Chicchai-san - 3:30 long show. It looks terrible by having "tiny characters" as its thing. Pass.

The iDOLM@STER Side M - More boy band nonsense. These shows all suck, so I'm going to skip it without giving a chance.

Tsukipro The Animation - This seems to be done by the same Chinese studio that did The King's Avatar. Specifically the first minute of the show. The animation looks great, then they go to a wide screen which is all computer graphics that look like shit with people walking and stuff. It's a show about a boy band, but that's what the opening scene reminded me of anyway. I'm not going to continue this one.

Two Car - This is a "sport bike" style racing show, but the sport bikes each have 2 people. Driver and passenger. And it's a school to race that takes place on this island with no speed limits posted anywhere. At first I liked the idea, thinking it might remind me of Initial D, but this wasn't very good. And the "driving" animation was horrible. Oh well.

UQ Holder! - The show was mildly annoying at first, but then it seemed to get better. I liked the second half, once they unveiled the vampire/immortal people. Let's see if episode 2 keeps my attention.

URAHARA - Ok, the animation was terrible. As were the characters. I shut this off quickly.

Wake Up, Girls! Shin Shou - Girl idol group full of singers. Pass.

Yuki Yuna wa Yusha de Aru - Washio Sumi no Shou - This show starts off normal enough. A bunch of girls at a school. But then there's this big explosion, and 3 girls at the school are in a new world. The world of trees, that their god created or whatever. Suddenly, these 3 girls are "battle girls" who have magic costumes and shit. They have to fight an alien that shoots bubbles. I'm not really interested anymore than that.

Dude...Thanks for this!

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
There are some new shows that came out today that I need to review. I'll update the list soon.

• 1Like

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Finally saw Black Cover and it was not that bad. Yeah dorkstra had an annoying growl but it' becomes less prominent as time goes by. People blowing it all out of proportion. Ancient Magus' bride was a little underwhelming mostly beause I read the chapters the anime episode is based on so knew what was happening and being a non eventual episode didn't help. I did love the OVA's since they were based on a story that was not from the manga.

• 1Like

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Black Clover episode 2 already a filler. Supposedly it's going to be another filler next week. What a shame.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Inuyashiki came out today and it's pretty awesome. Starts off VERY depressing. I got an "About Schmidt" vibe from it. There's a grandfather that is trying to better himself. He buys a new property. Daughter & grandkids live with him, and they bitch about everything. Real pieces of shit. But then again, the guy is a natural loser. Then he finds out he has stomach cancer and has around 3 months to live. No one in his family even wants to talk to him, so he never tells them. Then some cool shit happens, and he has no idea. But he's a new person. And now the show is awesome. I think everyone will like it.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yep, Inuyashiki didn't disappoint, looking forward to see how the season goes.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
The manga got really boring as does all Gantz shit it seems, tho it'll be a good 1st and even 2nd season if it makes it that far.

• 1Like

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
Dat new law by Kino. Such a chill show for the most part, and then BAM!

Also, spoiler I guess?
What's with her gender? I was confused because the descriptions kept switching he/her, and when I looked it up, apparently its a somewhat of a reveal at the end of the first LN. Is that an important plot point?

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Mahoutsukai no Yome was decent today. I like the show, even though a lot doesn't happen in it. But I guess this episode was a slight exception. She has a tremendous amount of magic. Or maybe her being whatever she is allows her to ignore some rules of magic? Kind of like a Philosopher Stone to an alchemist.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Black Clover - Mostly indoor voices this week. But it was flashbacks. One more at least.
Code: Realize - Digging it.
Dies Irae - Ep 2. Now we're into mindfuckery for no apparent reason. Interest waning.
Garo - Pretty sure I will watch this through the season. Fun show.
Inuyashiki - Fuck, this was way too good. Going to be a good series.
Itsudatte - Waiting for it.
Just Because - Straight into love triangles and relationship drama. Slice of liiiiiiiiiiiife.
Juuni Taisen - Week 2 was good. Seems like whoever does the most talking in an episode dies.
Mahoutsukai no Yome - First 2 eps have been wonderful. Love everything about it.
Sengoku Night Blood - Ep 2 was mediocre at best. Will see if it gets any better next week. Otherwise drop.
Sangatsu no Lion - Just DLed the first season last week. Getting caught up. Slice of liiiiiiiiiife!
Shokugeki no Souma - The buns are juicy, and so are the women!
Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou - Brutally bleak.
UQ Holder - First member of the harem has arrived!

Ballroom - MC works at "Cafe Pousse" ... so much trolling!
Fate/Apocryha - DLed everything last week. Getting caught up.
Shoukoku no Altair - Harem +1

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
UQ Holder - First member of the harem has arrived!

NOTSUREIF.jpg

Also that Sengoku wtfever show, got maybe 10 minutes into first episode. When I see 12 guys and only 1 boring chick, I know the show isn't for me. That and I couldn't find any fucks to give about the story, if there even was one.

• 1Like