Fall 2018 Anime Thread

Fadaar

That guy
Really gonna limit yourself if you only do dubs. Eventually you get used to reading.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Plus most English voice actors for anime are horrible. Not all, but most.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Goblin Slayer - Sleeping with Virgin Priestess = Resurrection. Good to know.

Rename... Virgin Slayer.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Nah she's still a virgin. No goblin hiding in there for him to slay with his sword.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Really gonna limit yourself if you only do dubs. Eventually you get used to reading.

I am aware and have watched subs before but I really dislike anime, like a lot.

Plus most English voice actors for anime are horrible. Not all, but most.

I think all Japanese voices are designed to melt ear drums with how annoying they are. I hear any kind of anime and I cringe so badly from the noise and I probably feel slight physical pain from their voices.

The only reason that I am looking for this specific one is because we are talking about it at work so I want to catch up to the references.

I am not the guy that makes fun of anime or people that watch it. It just really isn’t my thing at a physical level.

• 1Worf

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
because we are talking about it at work so I want to catch up to the references.

You're forcing yourself to consume something you are not interested in just to fit in your social circle smalltalk at work? I find that strange, because for example I have zero interest in the big sport leagues, and I don't force myself to keep up just so I can navigate the "did you see the game last night?" minefield of questions.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
You're forcing yourself to consume something you are not interested in just to fit in your social circle smalltalk at work? I find that strange, because for example I have zero interest in the big sport leagues, and I don't force myself to keep up just so I can navigate the "did you see the game last night?" minefield of questions.
I like the story on this one, I don’t like voices in anime in general.

I dislike physical exertion but I hike with my wife sometimes.

I think it’s a real minor issue to consume a dozen episodes of an anime that is interesting to have fun conversations with good friends that I spend 12 hour days with. They frequently watch genres of media that I suggest that wouldn’t be their first inclination.

The reason I brought the voices up was because he said the dub ones suck. I wanted to make it clear they all suck, to me.

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
The reason I brought the voices up was because he said the dub ones suck. I wanted to make it clear they all suck, to me.
You should read the light novels then. Afterwards you can join the conversation and point out everything that was left out in the anime and be smug about it, too! ;)

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
You should read the light novels then. Afterwards you can join the conversation and point out everything that was left out in the anime and be smug about it, too! ;)
We have that guy already! I do the smug book reading for Expanse and Magicians.

• 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
We have that guy already! I do the smug book reading for Expanse and Magicians.
Then I suggest an afternoon on tvtropes.org to carve out your own niche to be smug about. :)

On another note: You all need to watch Gaikotsu Shoten'in Honda-san - an anime about a bookstore clerk (with a skull) trying to awkwardly tell foreigners that the store doesn't carry those yaoi doujinshi (18+) they want.

Also: The preview for Boogiepop wa Warawanai looks hype:

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
That makes sense, it looks like I have all the latest dubs then.
this is disgusting

while i was in japan, i was constantly on the lookout for a goblin slayer figurine or something, nada

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
I thought I was in to some trash when I just watched Anime. Then I started reading manga. It was like a whole new world of making me question just how much of a degenerate I am.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
You got nothing until you start reading the light novels. They're the story made before manga or anime. And in most cases, they're pretty damn good.

I'm up to the current translated ones on DanMachi, Sword Art Online, No Game No Life & Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash. My next up is possibly Slime or Goblin Slayer. I'm not sure yet.

Last edited:
  • 1Like