Fall 2022 Anime Thread

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I kept watching cause mappa really did a good job on animation but I didn't know wtf this was going..... Queue in ep 8 and 9 and now I want more.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Also haven't looked ahead so blind when watching but every week has been fucking amazing top notch entertainment this season.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Chainsaw Man... watching him try to ignite the cigarette lighter was a gorgeous scene. I'm not even talking about what it meant. Just the way it looked.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I’m glad Denji isn’t a shonen power of friendship character.

He is just a broken kid, product of a broken childhood with complete detachment to normalcy.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
That rare bit of introspection from Denji is nice to see. The proper introduction to Kishibe was great, he is a dangerous old fart in a job where pretty much everyone dies young.

Bastards blueballed us with the Future Devil though.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Ya Kishibe is a proper badass. Also voiced by the same dude that voiced nanami in jjk (I think?)

interesting to see the contrast between Denji and AKi. AKi is full on emotional and out for revenge with little left to live, while Denji just can’t have these kind of feelings and decided it was all right, also quite literally immortal.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
That rare bit of introspection from Denji is nice to see. The proper introduction to Kishibe was great, he is a dangerous old fart in a job where pretty much everyone dies young.

Bastards blueballed us with the Future Devil though.
Oh yeah. This makes Training Arcs actually good!

Kishibe is proper frightening. Really nails it in how unhinged you need to be to be a competent devil hunter. Especially since he does all of that totally shithoused 24/7.

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
the 'farming made me super powerful' show was such a disappointment. When they actually did farming gags like him killing a dragon with a carrot or being able to use powerful earth attacks with a hoe equipped, it was hilarious. Problem is that the vast majority of the time they weren't doing the farming gags and it was just another mediocre overpowered protagonist show.

• 1Like

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah, they started sweating the harem stuff too much and dumped a lot of what made the original episodes fun to watch.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I stopped watching bleach at the first and proper ending when SSJ4 Ichigo face fucked alien mode Aezin with his final Kamehameha. Now that they are on this new ending arc is it worth catching up with the series? Or was it all mostly filler season shit?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I guess they've been censoring the hell out of a few key moments of MHA compared to how they were portrayed in the manga.

1) Red Riot and Rappa

When Kirishima makes his comeback against Rappa to protect Fat Gum, Rappa just about beats him to death. Yes he stands his ground and continues to re-harden himself over and over, but he's basically a pile of hamburger meat under the hardening. Feels like the sanitized version in the anime kinda sells Kirishima short, despite how great the scene was.

2) Deku and Shigaraki

The 100% smash that Shigaraki catches in his mouth actually blasts his jaw about halfway off his face in the manga. I feel like they could have toned down the damage to Shigaraki without making it look like Deku hadn't hurt him at all

3) Dabi and Nejire

She's much more badly burned in the manga, although she magically makes a full recovery so this one probably doesn't matter too much. The manga did do a cliffhanger with Dabi blasting her, but as short as each manga volume is compared to an anime episode they have a lot more freedom to do cliffhangers.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I stopped watching bleach at the first and proper ending when SSJ4 Ichigo face fucked alien mode Aezin with his final Kamehameha. Now that they are on this new ending arc is it worth catching up with the series? Or was it all mostly filler season shit?

i stopped watching before you did and i watched this new one just fine.

The animation is some crazy shit, so far it's just pure action no story, who cares.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
More fun Chainsaw Man. It made me laugh when Power does an extremely weak "Yatta..." and shaking peace signs after the one dude says they'll only have to train once a week moving forward.

• 1Like

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
a4581JO.jpg

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

From what I read in the manga - this final arc is totally worth watching. The Fullbringer arc that comes before this one did feel like some major filler (even though it was actually canon) but if you can stomach it long enough this new season is some good shit, with a lot more good shit to come.

• 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Aw fuck. This one hit pretty hard because of how long it took me to realize who it was.

1671903792146.png

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I read today some faggots made a petition to have chainsaw man done by another studio cause they dont like what mappa is doing.

Imma be honest here, fuck the haters. This season of mha which caught some hate from the manga readers AND this season of MHA are fucking amazing.

Not perfect cause nothing is, but fucking amazing.

• 2Like