Fall 2022 Anime Thread

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
You aren't kidding. When the kid started controlling it was pretty badass. I really like the animation quality of this series. Unfortunately, it's blood friendly, so it's a nono for my kids.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Haha, the battle in the first episode was pretty badass also. I'm really liking this series so far. That Gundam rules.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Damn. Made in Abyss Season 2 goes right into Loli Rape about 10 seconds into it.

This may be a rough ride.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Damn. Made in Abyss Season 2 goes right into Loli Rape about 10 seconds into it.

This may be a rough ride.
I stopped watching it around the 5th episode because it bored me. They went down through the water and went to this collector level and did a few episodes there and... boring.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Guess MHA is not planning to waste any time. Twice's quirk just seems so ridiculously overpowered, even in subtle ways.

I'd be very shocked if we don't see our first student death this season.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Raven of the inner palace is gonna be a banger, calling it now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Not gonna keep watching farm show if its nothing more than your typical overpowered protagonist, the 'but im doing farming things!' shtick isn't as funny as i thought it would be.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'm liking quite a few of the shows that I started.

Boku no Hero Academia... no shit. Great series and will continue to be.

Gundam Witch from Mercury - Incredible animation quality, and good story so far. I like it.

Beast Tamer - This is an isekai style show that isn't isekai (well, it didn't announce itself as one yet). Guy is weak as fuck and can't fight, but he can tame beasts. His weakness causes the Hero party to toss him out, then he goes off on his own and "tames" a legendary rare beast person. Some girl that's an exclusively rare "cat spirit", which is a badass melee fighter without having any magic abilities. Then somehow even after he tamed this legendary, he's able to tame countless other creatures as well. So I guess he's just OP as shit and didn't realize it at the time. It should be fun.

Berserk the Golden Age - Retelling the tried and true story of Berserk, but starting over at the beginning. Really high quality animation. It's probably computer, but it "feels" traditional enough. It's off to a good start.

Raven of the Inner Palace - Strange show. It throws a lot of chinese names, but is clearly speaking in japanese. It's about this 16 year old girl who somehow works for the Emperor, but at the same time, doesn't. I don't yet know if I like it, but I'll watch another episode or two. Let's see how it goes.

Management of Novice Alchemist - Girl's in school to be an alchemist. The opening credits is an all girl MMO-style dungeon group. Back in the real show, it's back to the alchemist girl saying bye to her parents which are going to travel, and they end up dead from bandits on the trip. So she's now an orphan and gets to go to the Alchemist school and has to make a high level potion to graduate just because the one teacher fucked up and put the wrong ingrediants on the table. This is a decent show. Hardly Full Metal Alchemist, but I still like it. I'm glad the entire education only took 1/2 of the first episode.

I'm a villainess, so I'm taming the final boss. - It's a reverse disney princess story, and honestly.. it isn't bad. Chick is gonna marry the future king, but he dumps her. She goes to get revenge, by marrying his brother who is going to be the new demon king. She's also doing it because it's an isekai story, and she's played the game and the character she is dies as soon as the Demon King comes to power, so she's hedging her bets by aligning with him ahead of time. It really seems like it's a pure romance style show, but other shit happens as well and it's a decent story.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Also glad we're getting more Golden Kamuy. I'm a huge fan of its brand of serious story mixed with some pangs of humor. The crew is still awesome.

• 1Solidarity

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Also glad we're getting more Golden Kamuy. I'm a huge fan of its brand of serious story mixed with some pangs of humor. The crew is still awesome.

I was just coming her to post golden kamuy is back baby!

the new berserk show is half 3d half 2d. The 3d part are still complete shit, the 2d stuff is nice. I'll watch cause berserk.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>

The blend of serious brutality and absurd humor (often in the same scene) is just so damn good.

the new berserk show is half 3d half 2d. The 3d part are still complete shit, the 2d stuff is nice. I'll watch cause berserk.

It's a rerelease of the trilogy of movies that came out 10 years go with some extra scenes. They weren't bad.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I enjoyed the first episode of Reincarnated as a Sword. It's off to a good start of OP.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
That ninja anime episode 1 was pretty fucking strong too.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Sword and Eminence were both good, looking forward to seeing more.
Yea, sword is really great and came from left field. Didn't expect much look at the picture for it. The animation is really good, there's a surprising amount of action and violence. Now that I've watched episode 2, I know it wasn't a fluke. Even though the main char is a little girl, they manage to avoid all the cringe stuff that the japanese like to throw in. I actually find myself really liking and rooting for the main character.

Lots of good returning shows, and a couple other good shows... not to mention chainsaw man. This is shaping up to be quite a killer season.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Yeah Sword is great and Fran is a cinnamon bun.

Akiba Maid Wars is probably the WTF show of the season. As in "what if maid cafés were in fact rival gangs".

• 1Like