Fall 2022 Anime Thread

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Chainsaw man was pretty damn good as expected. Scary to think I'm going to be looking forward to Akiba Maid Wars, Sword Isekai, MHA, Spy x Family, and mob psycho just as much... plus Eminence in shadow and Ittoki the Ninja might make that list too after strong ep 1s. All of those could be top tier seasons at the end of this.

Insanely good season.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Chainsaw Man looks very good so far. The first minute is first person 3D perspective. It's CGI, but "looks" like its animated, even though I don't think they have the ability to animate something like that by hand. The story is simple enough, but enjoyable. It kind of reminds me of Lost in Abyss due to body parts = money. Lots of action towards the end of the episode. It's a good ride. I'll stick with this one. Oh, and lots of blood in case people were expecting a Chainsaw Man to be PG.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Having read the Chainsaw Man manga quite far, I just can't get interested for it. I don't really get the hype. Is it the ultraviolence or something else?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Is Eminence in Shadow going to be one of those annoying, disjointed timeline with no explanation type animes?

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Is Eminence in Shadow going to be one of those annoying, disjointed timeline with no explanation type animes?
I got that ep 1 was setup for jumping into the story. If they jump back and forth that will be terrible for sure. Didn’t think that would happen, so hope you are wrong.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Chainsaw Man looks very good so far. The first minute is first person 3D perspective. It's CGI, but "looks" like its animated, even though I don't think they have the ability to animate something like that by hand. The story is simple enough, but enjoyable. It kind of reminds me of Lost in Abyss due to body parts = money. Lots of action towards the end of the episode. It's a good ride. I'll stick with this one. Oh, and lots of blood in case people were expecting a Chainsaw Man to be PG.
Show seems a lot like Jujutsu Kaisen. Not that that is bad at all.

• 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Yea I could tell it was CGI and that they were using CGI in other places, but it was done well enough that I didn't mind. I did have a little panic when I first saw it, as its pretty rare that CGI doesn't really put me off in anime. There's some animes where I can live with it, like Cestus. But I can't help but think that the whole thing would have been better if they animated it all.

Take an anime like Redline where they took the time to animate literally everything. The end result is simply breathtaking. If you haven't seen Redline stop being a Xarpolis and fix that.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Eminence of Shadow continues to be awesome, but it now feels cringe like it's telling the story of Ted Bundy, so I can see the trepidations of others in this thread. I dunno the manga so I'm still all in on the anime, but dunno where this one is going. Sword reincarnation continues on the path of being great, really looking forward to next episode.

Malkav

French Madman
Eminence of Shadow continues to be awesome, but it now feels cringe like it's telling the story of Ted Bundy, so I can see the trepidations of others in this thread. I dunno the manga so I'm still all in on the anime, but dunno where this one is going. Sword reincarnation continues on the path of being great, really looking forward to next episode.

Eminence in Shadow is basically a chuni who got way to close to reality with his imaginary bullshit but who actually has enough people skills/is OP enough to get other dragged into it lol.

Fadaar

That guy
Yea I could tell it was CGI and that they were using CGI in other places, but it was done well enough that I didn't mind. I did have a little panic when I first saw it, as its pretty rare that CGI doesn't really put me off in anime. There's some animes where I can live with it, like Cestus. But I can't help but think that the whole thing would have been better if they animated it all.

Take an anime like Redline where they took the time to animate literally everything. The end result is simply breathtaking. If you haven't seen Redline stop being a Xarpolis and fix that.

lol Gigguk's season preview was hilarious because he really played up the 'OH MY GOD 2D MECHS! 2D MECHS IN 2022! THE WORLD IS SAVED!' when talking about the new Gundam. he's totally right too, mechs have been ruined by shitty CGI.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
What a great season so far.
It really is, this might even have a moment that infringes on the god tier lost in paradise brought us. akiba maid wars came really close last episode.

Malkav

French Madman
It really is, this might even have a moment that infringes on the god tier lost in paradise brought us. akiba maid wars came really close last episode.

Second episode was still ridiculous, good shit lol.

• 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
Chainsaw Man - not bad, will probably watch more.

Reincarnated as Sword - awfully generic, but still entertaining. The eyes on the sword look kind of goofy is my main complaint.

Eminence - ehhh, it seems a bit tryhard ( 'In my spare time after school I merged all of Earth's martial arts into one super martial art that is far beyond your primitive sword techniques !', /eyeroll )

Beast Tamer - awfully generic, but not as entertaining as the sword one, don't think I'll go further with this one.

Ittoki - I find myself somewhat skeptical of the premise here, but it wasn't bad

Maid wars - What. The. Actual. Fuck. LOL. Sometimes multiple genres come together in a perfect blend that strengthens the whole to greater than the sum of it's parts, and sometimes they come together like a gigantic train crash than then explodes, leaving no survivors. This show is the latter - hopefully they can keep up the insanity.

Spy X Family - continues to deliver, sometimes in unexpected ways - I particularly liked that a super intelligent dog was still a dog.

• 1Like

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Eminence is not a serious show at all, if that's what people were expecting. The whole premise of the novels is he misunderstands everything going on around him in the bigger picture, his only focus is playing as the character he envisions himself as. I dropped reading it after the first novel but I think it's perfect for anime. And that first episode was anime only as far as I know, unless its a flashback in later novels.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Farmer show isn't as funny as I thought it would be, just another overpowered protagonist show for the most part. The first episode was great where he actually had to use a hoe for his attack and it was based on the idea of him plowing a field, but the 'farmer' excuse in this latest episode is just dumb when
its used to justify him being able to brawl unarmed with a despair dragon

MHA went somewhere I didn't expect if that person really just died. I'm sad that we probably won't get much more out of Mirko after last episode, when she was first introduced I thought she was just pure fan service but god damn did she win me over with that fight against the multiple high end Nomus. and that shit with Kaminari legitimately made me tear up a bit, not only did he finally get a flex moment but it's rare that you get such an unambiguous relationship moment in a shonen.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Eminence is basically a guy chuunibyou-ing around with his isekai powers and no one realizes it. He doesn't realize that they don't know it. Things seem to work out regardless.

Don't take it seriously, its a series full of morons fucking each other's day up.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Farmer show isn't as funny as I thought it would be, just another overpowered protagonist show for the most part. The first episode was great where he actually had to use a hoe for his attack and it was based on the idea of him plowing a field, but the 'farmer' excuse in this latest episode is just dumb when
its used to justify him being able to brawl unarmed with a despair dragon

MHA went somewhere I didn't expect if that person really just died. I'm sad that we probably won't get much more out of Mirko after last episode, when she was first introduced I thought she was just pure fan service but god damn did she win me over with that fight against the multiple high end Nomus. and that shit with Kaminari legitimately made me tear up a bit, not only did he finally get a flex moment but it's rare that you get such an unambiguous relationship moment in a shonen.
Unambiguous relationship what?