Fallen Enchantress - Legendary Heroes

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
First major user made mod for LH released today (v1.0 that is). Children of Storm - FE Stormworld mod updated for LH :

http://forums.elementalgame.com/443960/page/1/#replies
This was a good mod; it adds some actual races that you can choose from which makes things a bit fun but the game is still terribly flawed. Every sandbox game feels exactly the same; the same choices, same two heroes joining youevery single game, the AI always leaves you alone for hours on end even at high difficulty, endless garbage mob cleanup and completely unreliable auto resolve.

They should have made a choice between creating an RTS or a tactical RPG, as it stands now they did not do either very well.

Binkles_sl

shitlord
I could forgive a lot of the flaws of this game if the graphics were not so antiquated. I appreciate the minor faction differences, but I wish they were more exaggerated. Despite some minor cosmetic/ability differences, each faction feels very similar. Some of this might be ameliorated through a robust mod community but, so far, that does not seem to exist. I'll likely get my money's worth, but I find myself thinking this could have been so much better.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I can agree with that, Binkles - but if you just came on board with LH - there was a quantum leap from Elemental -> FE base and a relatively large one from FE to FE: LH. They're absolutely making amazing progress towards a great vision, their track isn't the quickest but they definitely are honing a rough product into something progressively more wonderful.

[I will disagree with one point though - the graphics to me are passable - for something with the level of customization it has and unit variety the textures are up to par with anything else I can think of out there - I'd love for it to look better of course, but I'm not sure the resources are there yet due to the level of model variety and morphable terrain]

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
. They're absolutely making amazing progress towards a great vision, their track isn't the quickest but they definitely are honing a rough product into something progressively more wonderful.
My problem is that content changes introduced by this expansion amounts to nothing more than could be expected from a modest player made mod. It is a step in the right direction but it's a very minor one.

The AI attacking you or not based on your ranking is stupid and boring, being able to steamroll them without pause with a single army is as well. The lack of random events and quest diversity is a let down and further leads toward every game feeling like a carbon copy. Acquiring champions has nearly zero player input involved and as a result feels meaningless and arbitrary.

This game needed more non combat player interaction/immersion through quests, city management, the tech tree and champion acquisition. Anything that would lead to different options and results throughout multiple games.