Falling Skies Season 3

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
fuck yeah. this is like one of the only scifi shows currently still on tv for 3 seasons that hasnt been cancelled yet.

Sylverlokk

Golden Knight of the Realm
Second season dealt with an alien rebellion and third season we just got a new alien species so thats three now.

Fadaar

That guy
Been seeing this advertised so I downloaded the first two seasons. Pretty solid show from the first season I've seen. Hope it sticks around.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am giving this show a shot dispite a kind of slow start. Watched what I am guessing was the end to season two yesterday. Seems fairly solid and closer to what I thought Defiance was going to be.

spronk

FPS noob
lot of stupid shit in the show but the aliens are cool enough and its nice seeing steve jobs and grandpa munster fighting to save humanity. Its basically the scifi Walking Dead

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I forget, how many months have passed on the show between the end of last season and the start of this one?

If only they had told us once or twice during these episodes....

Cybsled

lol. Ya, that did lay it on a bit thick, but it was either that or a "7 months later..." screen title. Decent start to the season, although it does make you wonder what the ultimate aim of the new aliens is. They obviously are at war with the invading aliens, but you kinda wonder what their plans are after they kick those aliens out.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So this season started off pretty well. But I am so over shows using confusing ass dream sequences (TY Lost).

Cybsled

Well the big reveal was that he wasn't having a dream, he was actually going to the woods.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like the show. For me it is better than defiance in that there is actual alien conflict where people die. The Etrade baby just adds an interesting twist which I am sure we will better understand later. Yes there is a little bit of "Day time Soap" in it, but after having tried to watch defiance, I can deal with this amount.

My only gripe with this show is how they show this wonderful technology with liquid metal forming into small insect/lizards. This technology appears to be able to enter a human being. So why don't the aliens just use that tech? Why not just send a bunch of small little thingamabobs into the city and kill/take over people as they slept? It makes for the perfect drone and aliens would not have to die at all. Now a simple answer like " A force field/detection system" is in place to prevent such an incursion would work, but I wish the show would use some sort of excuse.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
My only gripe with this show is how they show this wonderful technology with liquid metal forming into small insect/lizards. This technology appears to be able to enter a human being. So why don't the aliens just use that tech? Why not just send a bunch of small little thingamabobs into the city and kill/take over people as they slept? It makes for the perfect drone and aliens would not have to die at all. Now a simple answer like " A force field/detection system" is in place to prevent such an incursion would work, but I wish the show would use some sort of excuse.
My only guess for that is it's rareish tech even for them. Example being, why didn't they break out the super mechs earlier? I'm assuming it's supposed to be all logistical.

Cybsled

Well if you're at war with another advanced alien race, I guess it makes sense to save your good stuff for them and use your surplus garbage for the primitive alien race.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
That and that new alien dude made the remark that they all fight differently. Like the main invaders are obviously horrible at defending against guerilla/hit and run tactics.

Ganthorn

N00b
I forget, how many months have passed on the show between the end of last season and the start of this one?

If only they had told us once or twice during these episodes....
This had me laughing every time it happened but I guess they put it in in case you popped in at any time other than the beginning.