Falling Skies Season 3

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What happened to the chick with a plane that originally told them about Charleston?

Cybsled

I laughed when "Colonel Tigh" showed up. Guess he is being type casted as an asshole now ;P

They seemed to telegraph pretty hard that the president is working with the evil aliens "So Tom...what are the exact plans and strategies of your allies? Oh shit, coincidentally we are being attacked and the dude with all the defense intel is being left behind! Quickly, get out of here...we'll take good care of him!". I bet the peons aren't in the know, though.

I laughed when "Colonel Tigh" showed up. Guess he is being type casted as an asshole now ;P

They seemed to telegraph pretty hard that the president is working with the evil aliens "So Tom...what are the exact plans and strategies of your allies? Oh shit, coincidentally we are being attacked and the dude with all the defense intel is being left behind! Quickly, get out of here...we'll take good care of him!". I bet the peons aren't in the know, though.
They seemed to telegraph pretty hard that the president is working with the evil aliens "So Tom...what are the exact plans and strategies of your allies?

This find funny they split up and take that alien. So true.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This season is actually starting off pretty well. Do we know how the infant became a hybrid or whatever? I don't recall anything from last season.

Cybsled

Well, we can assume that the baby was roughly 2 months into development last season, which is still pretty early. When they got captured by Karen seems like the most likely juncture...either that or the eye bug in Tom messed around with the DNA in his sperm. Beyond that, I can't think of any other time it would have happened.

Soriak_sl

shitlord
This episode just made no sense to me.

1) Tom just decided to go to this base after they had sent snipers... ok.
2) Could you make it any more obvious that the others are working with the aliens? But maybe the real question is why the allied alien didn't resist more forcefully... I'm hoping he's in on it, although that wouldn't make much sense. Maybe he can easily free himself.
2) Tom's wife decided to knock out the science guy to keep the DNA secret... what is she trying to accomplish? She already knew something was off with her baby and has tried to talk about it with the other doctor chick before. She could also not have told him that it was her child's DNA, since it was tested with others. You'd think plausible deniability was the whole point of doing that.
3) Then she drugs said other chick so she can run out with the baby. Why? The girl was going to leave anyway... why tell her to stick around, then deal with someone on the floor that may tip off guards (not that they ever do anything)?
4) Then she runs into the woods with her baby. I thought she wanted to find Karen, but apparently that wasn't the case. Oh no, I'm out here in the woods by myself and now the alien has found me! So why go into the woods on your own in the first place?
5) Cheesiest line ever: the plane is crashing, so I guess we'll have to walk from here...

I just don't get it. Can they fire the intern who directed this episode?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
are they are hinting the black chick is the mole? This episode kinda has a lot of filler. Oh well. Cant escape it I guess.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
My guess is that the Volm device is a planet killer or some shit. Deny your enemy ground and resources no? Goes along with the generations long game of cat and mouse that the Volm/Ashveni have been doing.

Cybsled

It is curious the Volm only sent a small unit of troops...smacks more of commando/special forces.

The planet killer does sound like a good theory. Either that or some type of planetery wide shield emitter.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
My guess is that the Volm device is a planet killer or some shit. Deny your enemy ground and resources no? Goes along with the generations long game of cat and mouse that the Volm/Ashveni have been doing.
That is my guess and it makes sense if you are fighting a generational war best way to deny your opponents is destroy the worlds they are on in such a way they cannot recolonize it once you move to their next world.

Cybsled

Although it does bring up the question as to what the main resource is. Humans? Something else?

The skitter reveals showed that they are basically a slave race. Maybe the humans impressed the Ashani enough that they figured that hybridization (like the baby) would be a good bet. It lets you tap human creativity and make it work for your forces.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Well we've seen that the skitters are their main source of troops and that they skitterize any indigenous peoples they can get their hands on. By blowing any planets the Ashveni land on to pieces you'd limit their ability to keep the numbers of their armies up and deny them troops/resources for their mechs. While the Volm are able to reproduce on their ships and are not dependent on auxiliaries for absolutely everything like the Ashveni.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
pretty good episode, Pope at some point should have been arrested and/or shot in the head for that shit he pulled this week. the gunman at the end of next week's preview looks familiar.
tongue.png

Ome

Molten Core Raider
pretty good episode, Pope at some point should have been arrested and/or shot in the head for that shit he pulled this week. the gunman at the end of next week's preview looks familiar.
tongue.png
They keep recycling the same stuff with Pope over and over. At some point you would figure Pope would have gotten on board with everyone, truly left never to return, or have been killed. On a similar front my son mentioned how it seems that every week is an episode of General Hospital where they play who is going to be injured this week.

Sweet jesus last night was bad.

Entire night was like a fucking emo fest at the movies.
Then the 4 them without the fucking GF go out alone on Donkeys who writes this shit mates?

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think the thing that annoys me more with the whole Volm device is how unquestioning Tom is about the whole thing. I get that they skipped ahead in time so we never really got to see the Volm earning the humans' trust, but up until this season, Tom was the history professor who constantly related their current situations to events in the past as a means of making sound decisions. He can't think of a single point in history where aiding the enemy of your enemy might backfire once your common enemy is out of the picture? I mean, hell, the guy's main topic appears to be American history, and I know there were a couple events in settling this country that would make a very easy comparison.

I know they changed writers this season, but Tom is the only character I've really noticed any difference with (aside from Anne thinking it'd be a great idea to just run off with a baby). He gets pissed at Marina for consulting basically the closest thing they have to a scientist? Previously, he was a logical thinker, but he's increasingly becoming a person too driven by his emotions who is just looking for a means to an end without considering any possible consequences. In other words, he's become a dumbass.

Maybe the humans impressed the Ashani enough that they figured that hybridization (like the baby) would be a good bet. It lets you tap human creativity and make it work for your forces.
I really hope that isn't the case. The whole "humans are unique and have that particular quality we need!" has been done to death in both sci-fi and fantasy.

Cybsled

Well every species is unique in their own way. Humans on the species level are very adaptable by virtue of the fact that we are descended from humans that were highly adaptable (because the ones who weren't died out). It has been done to death because it's an intrinsic part of human identity.

As for Tom's blindness, the whole show has tried to use the "Revolutionary War" analogy to its premise, so the Volm in Tom's eyes probably equal the French. Granted the French were more interested in putting the hurt on England than actually helping the fledgling USA, but it still worked out for us. I'm guessing the Volm twist will end up being that the humans in power decide that some random dude with no understanding of alien tech (the professor in the basement) is right and it's an evil machine, so they sabotage it/whatever, then the Volm go "wtf...it was a giant shield generator so Ashani can't even enter Earth's atmosphere anymore! That's why it needed so much power! Fuck ya'll, we're outta here!". Then all the humans feel like assholes, except Tom because he's always correct ;P