Falling Skies season 4 starts June 22

spronk

FPS noob

Officially starts June 22 @ 10pm on TNT. 12 episodes for season 4. Hasn't officially been renewed yet for season 5 but it almost certainly will be.

However 1080p high def web rips have leaked out today of episode 1, so can get an early start. If your cable contract allows it you can watch the episode online too
Falling Skies - Ghost in the Machine - TNTDrama

Falling Skies the video game will be out this fall for all platforms and feature VA by the show actors.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
How is this series on a scale of 1 to 10? I watched just a few episodes of season 1 and kinda felt 'bleh' and didn't continue.

Cybsled

S1 was pretty weak overall...it had a couple ok episodes, but it wasn't anything really special. S1 can be summed up as "save teh childrenz!". S2 and S3 got a bit better because they tried to expand the mythology a bit (new alien race, for instance) and flesh the characters out a bit more beyond the "generic trope" format some of them had initially shown up as. The idea of Earth just being a proxy battle in a much larger multi-generational war was kind of a cool reveal, since it changes it from being a primary target to a target of opportunity to help a greater war effort, which makes "winning" slightly more believable.

The end of S3 almost came across as a reset button, so I'm not 100% certain where S4 will go beyond the alien hybrid baby plot (which the trailer seems to indicate will be central).

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
every year i watch this show and i completely forget where it left off , but once they remind you in the beginning, im back on board. love this show, its pure cheesey goodness

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
well ep1 has already been leaked and tbh it didn't do much for me loved s1 and parts of s2 will just have to wait to see the rest of the season.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The new power source is going to be human reproduction. Fuck. ...Literally.

khorum

Murder Apologist
The new power source is going to be human reproduction. Fuck. ...Literally.
BAHAHHAHA when I first heard about this show's latest season being a sorta-reboot the buzz going around was that this was TNT __FINALLY__ getting the sci-fi franchise it had been shopping for since the nineties... the scifi franchise it wanted to turn BABYLON5 into had Strasczynski not fought them tooth and nail. This is the saloon-fistfights-and-sexy-teens-fucking-in-scifi show TNT had been wanting for over a decade:
Aintitcoolnews_sl said:
"My brother was at (name of mammoth broadcasting entity deleted by Glen) and bagged a memo saying the network is trying to force Crusade to be a mindless sex-and-violence program.

Among the stuff they're demanding: to lose all references to the Babylon5 universe because they think it'll confuse viewers.that episodes should often have aliens beaming into the ship and getting in "wild west" kinds of fist-fights, taking any excuse at all to have these fights, whether they make sense or not...that there should be "horny aliens" getting onto the ship and screwing the human characters...that there should be more technobabble that will make the ship sound more advanced.

He says they also want to have at least one regular series character be a "sexual explorer," whose job is to have sex with every alien race they meet to better understand them...they want a virtual brothel / holodeck...they want to set up the universe so that the entire human race off Earth when the Drakh plague is released start copulating like mad (religiously, kind of like a cult) to repopulate the human race, so they can constantly have people having sex round the clock.

He also told me they want to change to the Star Trek style close-fitting uniforms rather than real military uniforms to show off everyone's body.
There's more at theancient aintitcool article.If you actually suffered through the "river of souls" TNT movie they made with the holo-brothels, then you get the gist.

spronk

FPS noob
i would be totally cool with an hbo show that has sexy alien chicks raping humans to make energizer batteries

premiere was ok, some cool effects but nothing really makes any sense, I'm not even sure if nazi camps are in the same spot as the chinatown hippies, I assume they are different

this show is what it is though, episode 1 and the last 2 are the "good ones" with the cool effects and budget, everything in between is just humans doing stupid human shit. south african black guy looks cool, hope he doesn't die

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This show is great at making me think the next season is going to be great only to end up being bland

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
that premiere was the biggest reset button i have ever seen to a tv show in its 4th season. im not complaining too much because its still fun cheese, but i was like wtf is this shit through most of the episode. by the end i kinda got the gist of what they are going for. im cool with it.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
that premiere was the biggest reset button i have ever seen to a tv show in its 4th season. im not complaining too much because its still fun cheese, but i was like wtf is this shit through most of the episode. by the end i kinda got the gist of what they are going for. im cool with it.
Wasn't there a Battlestar Galactica season where the humans were stuck in concentration camps run by Cylons? I think the writers for this one bought that season of BG DVD's and then phoned it in.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wasn't there a Battlestar Galactica season where the humans were stuck in concentration camps run by Cylons? I think the writers for this one bought that season of BG DVD's and then phoned it in.
Yea, they were on the planet for six episodes. And I remember watching their departure in "Exodus" thinking, "whoa, that was fucking awesome". I've never had a moment like that with Falling Skies. They always come right up the edge of doing something cool then its back to same shit like crazzzy Pope being crazy, professor gunslinger being smarter than everyone else, and the angsty teens being angsty young adults now.

Cybsled

Atmo jump in that BSG episode was one of the coolest scifi moments ever. I also liked how they didn't ignore the physics of that and how it ulimately had consequences on the ship down the line.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Atmo jump in that BSG episode was one of the coolest scifi moments ever. I also liked how they didn't ignore the physics of that and how it ulimately had consequences on the ship down the line.
+1

Free fall + dropping the vipers and then jumping before hitting the ground, best shit I've seen in a TV series. Shit gave me goose bumps.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
+1

Free fall + dropping the vipers and then jumping before hitting the ground, best shit I've seen in a TV series. Shit gave me goose bumps.
going to download and rewatch those tonight, thanks for reminding me about that stuff. Blows my mind that BG is already 10 years old. The quality of that show wasn't really comparable with Falling Skies.