Falling Skies season 4 starts June 22

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think they kind of wasted Pope, guy is a decent actor and it could have been a good character. I did like the part last week where Pope appears to take an assault rifle round center mass at point blank range knocking him off his feet but then a minute later he is up and fine with a cut on his cheek.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was very random for pope to show back up only to be promptly exploded.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Was very random for pope to show back up only to be promptly exploded.
Series finale is next week. They had to do something... So they did the normal thing, they rushed the story-cycle of a few characters (most of the time, they kill the character off). Just like the black guy is all of a sudden sorry for going with Pope. He sure didn't seem so a few episodes back.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Pope's plan: play hurt with 12 guys and take over military base... die in 45 seconds, story done.

What really bugged me though is some beer maker takes some alien tech and in the span of a few hours figures out how to modify it and make sure it's engineered to not kill humans... easy peasy! wtf

Cybsled

He probably made craft beer. That would explain it.

At least what happened to Pope was semi-realistic (save for the part that he can walk around with no cover not getting hit, but he can easily kill red-shirt army guys). If people get sick of your shit and they outnumber you, you're gonna get fucked ;p

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Series finale is next week. They had to do something... So they did the normal thing, they rushed the story-cycle of a few characters (most of the time, they kill the character off). Just like the black guy is all of a sudden sorry for going with Pope. He sure didn't seem so a few episodes back.
But he had a perfectly good final episode a few weeks back and went down in a hail of gunfire. To bring him back only to gank him again I don't even.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Took me a while to figure out who the Captain lady was, I knew she was familiar but didn't recognize her from The Office because of that short hair cut.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
This season has felt like the writers forgot it was the final season until this episode. There were so many detours this season - Tom on the farm, Pope kidnapping Hal, the psycho military captain, Cochise's heart surgery or whatever that was, etc. So, what was a slow season in getting anywhere suddenly has to throw in as many things as possible so they can get to the end. Pope's storyline? Resolved in a 2 minute scene. How will they take out the Espheni once and for all? A deus ex machina weapon provided by Tom's wife. Where is the queen? Conveniently the Espheni stand around chanting her location.

The concept of an Espheni queen sounds interesting and is something they could've done a lot more with over this season, but instead she was apparently created solely for the purpose of giving the humans a singular target (located within walking distance luckily!) that will inexplicably wipe out every Espheni on the globe.

Cybsled

Ya, seems like they are doing a ST:Voyager. "We will use these nanites to destroy the Borg Queen and all the Borg with her!"

Only thing that will be interesting is to see who dies. They -have- to kill a Mason. I am guessing Ben (because it solves the "what do we do about the spikes?") or Hal (because he is a dick).

Weaver I have 50/50 odds on. They've spent a lot of time making him awesome this season, which never bodes well.

Cochese will become the new Vohm commander or whatever. I doubt they will kill him off.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You guys are sure Pope is dead? For whatever reason, nobody actually walked over to see if a body was there. I just get this nagging feeling that he comes back and redeems himself or some shit. I hope not, but that "lets try and take a fully armed base plan" was really weak. It will be interesting to see how they end this.

Ganthorn

N00b
You guys are sure Pope is dead? For whatever reason, nobody actually walked over to see if a body was there. I just get this nagging feeling that he comes back and redeems himself or some shit. I hope not, but that "lets try and take a fully armed base plan" was really weak. It will be interesting to see how they end this.
I don't think he expected to survive. It seemed more like a suicide mission to kill Tom. To me Anthony returning made more sense then super loyal guy going onto nutso team because of one incident.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
Did we ever get an explanation on how the flying alien came out of no where to pick up mason a few eps back ?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Given how pointless him showing back up was I assume nothing at this point. I am pretty sure he is now an alien highlord at this point.

Cybsled

Lol, such a bad ending. I'm pretty sure they retconned most of the lore they had built up.

"Earth is now all of a sudden the only inhabitable planet in the galaxy and we are here because cavemen killed my daughter!". Then the "oh hey, we kinda fucked up Pope's character growth, so let's give him a final redemption...sorta kinda...scene". All the final scene needed was Ewoks singing "yub yub".

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Agreed, bad ending, felt very forced and "let's just wrap this up"
also...
when they were in the tunnels and the eggs were there, did anyone else think back to WoW? I kept waiting for Pope to show up there and yell leeeroy jenkings and start smacking eggs

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I found the whole only habitable planet in the galaxy odd as well because the volm/ashveni and other races that made up skitters obviously came from somewhere. Also yet another random pope siting. Seriously who does not check the bodies of people who randomly attacked your base a few days ago. Did they just let them sit and rot?

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty weak ending. The mother/doctor should have died. The queen should have wondered what the little capsule was that the pesky human was trying to reach for. The whole " My daughter got beat by cavemen" thing was really out there. With the technical advantages the aliens had, they could not beat cavemen????????? Your daughter deserved to die if she was really that stupid. If there is more than one queen then how does the hive mind survive? If there are multiple hives then obviously there are more of these aliens too come. It was a show that started out pretty well but over the last two seasons felt pushed with the last episode having a very forced feel too it.

One last thing that really made me roll my eyes. The scene where the guy wants to play with the egg. Really?? I would put my gun next to his head and have explained how if he moved one inch closer to the egg, that we would be moving on without him. That scene was just stupid.

This will not see much for reruns and the show will just fade away. I liked the idea of the show.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Honestly I could somewhat see how ancient humans could kill the queen. It was a much smaller incursion because they did not perceive humans as any threat at all and given if you kill the queen you wipe all her genetic line out on that planet it really is just a matter of a couple people getting lucky with a spear is all it would really take.

Still it really felt like they thought they had 12 episodes instead of 10 and the ending was all kinds of rushed and jumbled because of it. Like hal randomly asking maggie to marry him WTF dude is now the right time to ask that and since when were you not chasing after the other girl?

Oatlord_sl

shitlord
The show was never well written, but that cut scene where they explain the motivation of the Espheni in fifteen seconds was really just tired and sad. Couldn't even be salvaged with America's favorite sci fi female voice actor.

I will say this, the costumes for the Volm always impressed me.

Overall, decent ride from start to finish, this series.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Pretty weak ending. The mother/doctor should have died. The queen should have wondered what the little capsule was that the pesky human was trying to reach for. The whole " My daughter got beat by cavemen" thing was really out there. With the technical advantages the aliens had, they could not beat cavemen????????? Your daughter deserved to die if she was really that stupid. If there is more than one queen then how does the hive mind survive? If there are multiple hives then obviously there are more of these aliens too come. It was a show that started out pretty well but over the last two seasons felt pushed with the last episode having a very forced feel too it.
Not only that, but if the queen's death turns every existing Espheni into fireworks, why just leave her completely unprotected?