Falling Skies season 4 starts June 22

Cybsled

Well she was protected, technically...there just wasn't anything else in the monument besides eggs ;p

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well I figure the tree did not fall far from the apple. If the daughter could be so egotistic as to think cavemen could not kill her, then the mother could think the same of her situation. She had an army around her and figured there was no way humans could possibly reach her. Like her daughter, she was wrong.

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
Anyone else feel like the last season's ending was better than the series ending? Flying a beamer to a spaceship to blow up their power source had a lot more drama and they spent a ton more time developing that arc compared to the "lol there's a queen, let's just walk to DC" story-line which encompassed 1.5 episodes.

Like someone mentioned earlier in the thread - they could have spent multiple episodes on the Queen story-line and the march to DC. Instead we got an episode about them scavenging for food (didn't scavenging for resources get covered earlier in the series? Why rehash that story), an episode about Cochise and surgery (didn't advance the plot at all), an episode about a family in an untouched area of Virginia (this episode would have been fine in any season but the last), an episode about military tribunals and putting Tom on trial (another non-advancement in plot).

This last season just fell flat - it felt like a bunch of filler episodes with a final "lets wrap up all this shit on the final episode" rush job. Which is unfortunate because the series as a whole is pretty good sci-fi

Ganthorn

N00b
Anyone else feel like the last season's ending was better than the series ending? Flying a beamer to a spaceship to blow up their power source had a lot more drama and they spent a ton more time developing that arc compared to the "lol there's a queen, let's just walk to DC" story-line which encompassed 1.5 episodes.

Like someone mentioned earlier in the thread - they could have spent multiple episodes on the Queen story-line and the march to DC. Instead we got an episode about them scavenging for food (didn't scavenging for resources get covered earlier in the series? Why rehash that story), an episode about Cochise and surgery (didn't advance the plot at all), an episode about a family in an untouched area of Virginia (this episode would have been fine in any season but the last), an episode about military tribunals and putting Tom on trial (another non-advancement in plot).

This last season just fell flat - it felt like a bunch of filler episodes with a final "lets wrap up all this shit on the final episode" rush job. Which is unfortunate because the series as a whole is pretty good sci-fi
It really felt like they wrote the whole season before they found out it would be their last and didn't feel like rewriting it. Most of those things would have been fine if they were dragging things out but if they knew ahead of time why bother with any of that side nonsense like turning pope against them, the cochise surgery etc. Cochise surgery would make more sense in a long game because he could become commander and give them more resources etc but it didn't go anywhere because the show was winding down. The pope thing would have made more sense if they developed it more isntead of omgs i hate you, i have an army, i hurl myself at you. the end.

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
Final episode was a low budget joke. So lame. I enjoyed the series as a whole, but what a piss poor way to end it.

spronk

FPS noob
a dumb finale to a really dumb show, it managed to exceed everyone's expectations in how awful they could make an episode. 80% cringe 20% wtf

shoulda had pope build a nuclear bomb out of motorcycle parts and nuke DC while throwing out one liners like "Pope's here to clean up politics!"

but nope we got space AIDS injected via giant suppository

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
at least its over with, so much potential, +1 to our crazy savage ancestors

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Did she say her daughter came here 1500 years ago or 15000 years ago?