Fallout 4

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
For growing your own adhesive, does the crops/purified water auto store into workshop(I assume settlers use a certain amount themselves to stay alive)? Or Do I need to collect the corn/mutafruit/water(if you can collect the water) as much as I can when in the settlement?
Water gets auto-stored. I posted about that yesterday based on something I saw on reddit. You should build a ton of large generators and the big ass water purifiers in Sanctuary, one generator for every two purifiers. Takes Science 1 to build those, no idea if it can be effective using the medium generators and small purifier.

Crops do not seem to get stored, although it's possible that I just don't have enough to feed the assholes and get them to store extra. I was hoping they'd eat melons or gourds and store the shit I need, but every time I need to make adhesive I have to go harvest all the corn/muts/tatos myself. I did read that if you fast travel to Sanctuary all the crops that have someone tending them regrow immediately. Unsure if true, I haven't been desperate enough for adhesive yet to test it out.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Found a stagger shotgun and an AOE explosive combat rifle.

@Tuco I think you are wrong about mods being unlocked if you find them. Its true to a degree but you can't build them w/o the perk. Unfortunate as that may be.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Found a stagger shotgun and an AOE explosive combat rifle.

@Tuco I think you are wrong about mods being unlocked if you find them. Its true to a degree but you can't build them w/o the perk. Unfortunate as that may be.
Oh I agree, but once you find a weapon with a given mod you can move that mod to any other weapon of the same type. So unless you're carrying around 3 different shotguns with different legendary modifiers you've got what you need once you get the mod you want.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Halp! So i have started to play the game being a FO noob. I tried playing FO3 but got bored with the tutorial. So I am digging it but i have a problem with inventory. There is so much shit to pick up and I pick it up but not sure where to store and is it useful? i see I can brake stuff down with a perk but do I really need to pick up every roll of duct tape and wrench that pops up?

Vorph

Oh I agree, but once you find a weapon with a given mod you can move that mod to any other weapon of the same type. So unless you're carrying around 3 different shotguns with different legendary modifiers you've got what you need once you get the mod you want.
For that one gun. That's why I still feel I need the crafting perks. Yeah, I got a long recon scope for my hunting rifle when I had no Science! perk at all, but I want one for bigger/better rifles I find later on too.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
This bug is terrifying yet awesome.

AOXiTTR.gif

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Halp! So i have started to play the game being a FO noob. I tried playing FO3 but got bored with the tutorial. So I am digging it but i have a problem with inventory. There is so much shit to pick up and I pick it up but not sure where to store and is it useful? i see I can brake stuff down with a perk but do I really need to pick up every roll of duct tape and wrench that pops up?
Most shit isn't super useful or rare. Depends on how you want to play and if you're going to craft.

Drugs (Phycho, jet etc) and Meds are always nice because they have high value and super low weight.
Ammo no weight, high value.
Guns tend to have high value to weight except for heavy guns which still can sell well you just have to look at the value and how much weight the weapon is
Cigarets, old money etc all sell well for low weight

Most armor is heavy. Take what you want to use and I generally leave it unless I'm nearing the end and then I can fill up the rest. Armor tends to drop off everything, it's trivial to fill up on it so I tend to not bother grabbing it unless I'm topping off or need it.

Aluminum is rare and if you're crafting you need a good bit of it. Some cans and trays (tv / surgical).
Anything with copper (light bulbs, fuses etc)
Adhesive

Keep in mind your companion, including Dogmeat can carry shit for you.

Generally speaking, this game follows the same trend of other fall out games in that stuff is fairly rare at the start and by the time you are 10 or 20 levels in (depending on your play style) you'll have more shit than you could possibly use or can buy whatever you want with all the useless caps you've been hording.

So don't stress and just play the game. You'll likely be passing places 10x over over the course of your playthrough and fast travel makes going back to grab some shit trivial. You'll also be sitting on a mountain of caps and can buy what you want.

Vaclav

You don't have to, but everything has value - so it's just a question of how much you're willing to leave behind and prioritize. [I packrat personally though]

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Generally speaking, this game follows the same trend of other fall out games in that stuff is fairly rare at the start and by the time you are 10 or 20 levels in (depending on your play style) you'll have more shit than you could possibly use or can buy whatever you want with all the useless caps you've been hording.
Thanks for tips everyone! Was trying to suss out how it all works out and this helped explain it a lot. So yeah I guess I can pass on most shit I come by. I have only been picking up ammo and bottle caps lately so I guess I am on the right track. Really liking valentine as a companion. Seems to be the breakout character in the game to me.

The UI sucks balls. I almost want to just wait till a UI mod comes out to finish playing it.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I want to like this game more than I can, I think. The combat is just not as sharp as I want and that would be fine, except the mobs in this game are insane at acrobatics, they flip leap and duck and dive all the time (randomly, of course). I feel like if the mobs were in a normal FPS pulling that shit, I would just headshot them all. I don't know what it is really, there's just something a bit delayed or disconnected in the gunplay. Almost like there isn't really projectile physics but an RPG engine behind the scenes calculating hit/miss/whatever.

Also, the UI is... challenging. It's built for consoles and the key commands are just dumb, on some screens tab goes back and/or closes, on others you have to hit escape.

It's really draining to play junk-Taxi back to base to disassemble all the shit. I still want to really explore the map, but all these things are just nagging at me. I hope the mods fix some of the minor things so I can enjoy it more.

Vorph

I search-tag:
Adhesive
Aluminum
Ballistic Fiber
Circuitry
Copper
Cork
Crystal
Fiber Optics
Lead
Oil
Nuclear Material
Screws

That's the stuff you can never have enough of, or that at least I keep running out of if I don't make it a priority to pick up. I also just started running out of bone, leather, and ceramic too so don't completely neglect other materials either.

I want to like this game more than I can, I think. The combat is just not as sharp as I want and that would be fine, except the mobs in this game are insane at acrobatics, they flip leap and duck and dive all the time (randomly, of course). I feel like if the mobs were in a normal FPS pulling that shit, I would just headshot them all. I don't know what it is really, there's just something a bit delayed or disconnected in the gunplay. Almost like there isn't really projectile physics but an RPG engine behind the scenes calculating hit/miss/whatever.

Also, the UI is... challenging. It's built for consoles and the key commands are just dumb, on some screens tab goes back and/or closes, on others you have to hit escape.

It's really draining to play junk-Taxi back to base to disassemble all the shit. I still want to really explore the map, but all these things are just nagging at me. I hope the mods fix some of the minor things so I can enjoy it more.
Eh its why i made a bat file that i found on reddit to just fill crafting stations with mats , since it really doesnt take much away from the game for me besides hauling junk around and im fine with that. Here it is if anyone cares to use itFallout 4 PC Console Command ID's : fo4.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I search-tag:
Adhesive
Aluminum
Ballistic Fiber
Circuitry
Copper
Cork
Crystal
Fiber Optics
Lead
Oil
Nuclear Material
Screws

That's the stuff you can never have enough of, or that at least I keep running out of if I don't make it a priority to pick up. I also just started running out of bone, leather, and ceramic too so don't completely neglect other materials either.
good source of lead and adhesive:
There are a ton (literally) of weights at the general atomics playground in north center of map. You can make your own adhesive via vegetable starch.

I made about 6 water purifiers and they were kicking out a good 30 purified waters in my workbench everytime I visited, but they haven't in about a week now and I'm not sure what's wrong.

Oh and regarding my previous question about a good source of hubflowers, I found them at the cemetary at the north center of the map.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Almost like there isn't really projectile physics but an RPG engine behind the scenes calculating hit/miss/whatever.
There is.

You can aim right at something point blank and still miss, in and out of VATS

All shots are calculated, you get a lot of aim and hit assist outside of VATS but at the core, every time you pull the trigger, the game is rolling dice against your stats to determine if you hit or not.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
There is.

All shots are calculated, you get a lot of aim and hit assist outside of VATS but at the core, every time you pull the trigger, the game is rolling dice against your stats to determine if you hit or not.
Oh. Well, shit.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Use VATS more when shit is close up and doing all that jumping and jiving horseshit.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
My only issue with it is it still sometimes gives you the hit graphic / gore but no damage is applied. I assume I just rolled a miss, but it shouldn't then show me blood spray. Sometimes it also feels off if I hit at the same moment Dogmeat engages and there is almost an animation lock where they'll take no damage for the half a second it engages.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Water gets auto-stored. I posted about that yesterday based on something I saw on reddit. You should build a ton of large generators and the big ass water purifiers in Sanctuary, one generator for every two purifiers. Takes Science 1 to build those, no idea if it can be effective using the medium generators and small purifier.

Crops do not seem to get stored, although it's possible that I just don't have enough to feed the assholes and get them to store extra. I was hoping they'd eat melons or gourds and store the shit I need, but every time I need to make adhesive I have to go harvest all the corn/muts/tatos myself. I did read that if you fast travel to Sanctuary all the crops that have someone tending them regrow immediately. Unsure if true, I haven't been desperate enough for adhesive yet to test it out.
Hmm k, so will have to harvest every time I visit.

Will be a while before I can do any Science stuff, I have 1 int :p

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
There is.

when using a scope I've never missed while my reticle is on my target.