Fallout 4

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
when using a scope I've never missed while my reticle is on my target.
Right, but if you're shooting without using a scope, or you're in 3rd person mode, its calculating shots like an RPG.

Think scopes just add so much +% to hit that it can't miss so long as the reticle is on the target.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Is star next to wep name the indicator for legendary? If so the only legendary weapon or armor I've got through 15 lvls is the one from first brotherhood quest. Kinda lame

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It is. Play on survival difficulty if you want a lot of legendary shit. And I do mean shit quite literally, which is all the more reason to play on survival. It's all about volume because 90% of what you find is useless.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Having the supposed hardest difficulty drop more good gear, thereby compensating for that difficulty, is a really stupid way to set up difficulty.

Caliane

Found a stagger shotgun and an AOE explosive combat rifle.

@Tuco I think you are wrong about mods being unlocked if you find them. Its true to a degree but you can't build them w/o the perk. Unfortunate as that may be.
Nah this is a bit confusing.

first, scrapping a weapon/armor destroys any mods on it.

"magic" weapons/armors from legenaries can't be scrapped. those special mods also can't be removed.
standard mods however can.

if for example, you find a "marksman's armor piercing pipe rifle"
you can open up the crafting ui.
click on the marksman stock, change it with "standard grip"
this will then place that "pipe gun marksman stock" in your inventory. And that can then be applied to any pipe rifle, even without the gun nut perk.
(it can be moved to the workstation inventory, and it will still grab it as needed.)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Having the supposed hardest difficulty drop more good gear, thereby compensating for that difficulty, is a really stupid way to set up difficulty.
yep. FO3 did the same thing where your difficulty added an XP multiplier.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
confirmed, double shots take only one ammo (making it super efficient). tested with
OVerseer's guardian, from Vault 81. Unless I find better that'll probably be my #1 stop on my next playthrough when I scrap up the ~2k or so caps I need to buy it with grape mentats

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Ok good, cause if they could be removed and applied to other weapons it'd be way to easy to get BIS gear.

Caliane

settlement notes.

Sanctuary.
-pros
huge. water access. at least 2 merchant caravans. provisioner, and trashcan carla
-cons.
huge, making it harder to lock down with walls. alot of irremovable clutter. buildings, and brush. corner of the map.

Greygarden
-pros.
Robot settlers! big. ton of food. greenhouse. clips the highway, allowing you to build up on that as well. 1 merchant, robot. closer to center of map.
-cons.
no water. dunno if any caravans visit.

Abernathy Farm
-pros.
pretty open. good amount of food. power line/fortress design. 1 merchant. .
-cons
no water. not sure if provisoner visits

tenpines bluff.
-pros armor caravan visits. has star armor pieces.
-cons. tiny. boring.

Haven't captured it yet. but Greentop nursery is looking promising as well.
-pros.
greenhouse. ton of mutfruit. prefab manorhouse. armor caravan visits. billboard might be within its range.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
confirmed, double shots take only one ammo (making it super efficient). tested with
OVerseer's guardian, from Vault 81. Unless I find better that'll probably be my #1 stop on my next playthrough when I scrap up the ~2k or so caps I need to buy it with grape mentats
Can you post how to start? I tried to get into the entrance, but it said the ______ is unpowered.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sneak 3 and 4 are game changers. 3 means no more spamming VATS button to detect the fucking mines that are everywhere, and 4 means you never have to move at a snail's pace again.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
If I take a revolver pipe rifle and change out the stock to a pistol grip does it just become a regular revolver?

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
If I take a revolver pipe rifle and change out the stock to a pistol grip does it just become a regular revolver?
Yes. Similar to if you take a stun baton and remove the electricity mod, it becomes a security baton. Didn't realize this at first, but appears most items are just variations of the mods. Made a gun to a rifle which turned into a sniper rifle.

Really enjoying the game so far. 20ish hours in, still only in the top right area. Playing it the same way as FO3 and NV. I just go "oh I wonder what is over there" and run there.

Also, here is a good mod

Playstation 4 Buttons at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community

Adds visuals for the playstation buttons if you are using a DS3/4 controller instead of an xbox one.

EDIT: To enable mods

go to documents, my games, fallout 4. Then edit fallout4prefs.ini and under [launcher] add

bEnableFileSelection=1

Then edit fallout4.ini

And under [Strings] find the line

sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS

and change it to

sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\, TEXTURES\, MUSIC\, SOUND\, INTERFACE\, MESHES\, PROGRAMS\, MATERIALS\, LODSETTINGS\, VIS\, MISC\, SCRIPTS\, SHADERSFX\

should be good to go.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
settlement notes.

Sanctuary.
-pros
huge. water access. at least 2 merchant caravans. provisioner, and trashcan carla
-cons.
huge, making it harder to lock down with walls. alot of irremovable clutter. buildings, and brush. corner of the map.

Greygarden
-pros.
Robot settlers! big. ton of food. greenhouse. clips the highway, allowing you to build up on that as well. 1 merchant, robot. closer to center of map.
-cons.
no water. dunno if any caravans visit.

Abernathy Farm
-pros.
pretty open. good amount of food. power line/fortress design. 1 merchant. .
-cons
no water. not sure if provisoner visits

tenpines bluff.
-pros armor caravan visits. has star armor pieces.
-cons. tiny. boring.

Haven't captured it yet. but Greentop nursery is looking promising as well.
-pros.
greenhouse. ton of mutfruit. prefab manorhouse. armor caravan visits. billboard might be within its range.
Covenant is all you need. Best settlement in the game minus water.

Also, I haven't left my power armor all game. I have been taking the fusion core perks and I have in the teens of cores, plus a small army of suits I have been going around collecting on my front lawn. Just found a location that has two T60s, I was in a 45 for the first 28 hours, never found a 51. Power Armor life is good.b

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Just found my first legendary mob that didn't have a legendary item (legendary feral ghoul reaver). Its loot was different the three times I killed it, but all trash.