Fallout 4

Caliane

same bad habit. Been trying to make better use of them.

They don't use power while fast traveling, AND increase your carry capacity. And don't require any perk to use.
honestly, probably worth using just to park outside a building, and help carry shit, when looting.

I used one to assault the corvega compound exterior. Parked it, and cleared the place out, and again, used it to increase carry capacity, and fasttravel out.

I didn't use one to assault a supermutant held compound.
water treatment plant for greygardens
. A TON of quickloads... honestly in hindsight, really should have grabbed an powersuit to do it. level 11? me vs level 16 supermutants.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
They don't use power while fast traveling, AND increase your carry capacity. And don't require any perk to use.
honestly, probably worth using just to park outside a building, and help carry shit, when looting.

I used one to assault the corvega compound exterior. Parked it, and cleared the place out, and again, used it to increase carry capacity, and fasttravel out.
They should just make the FO2 car standard again.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
After multiple hours trying to pimp out existing structures, I started from scratch and built my own base at starlight drive in, with 3 water purifiers in the middle of it in the pond.

The little bar in the top right corner is maxed out and I can't build any more structures. Does this increase as time goes on? How are people building these big cities? If its a mod on pc, I'm fucked playing on ps4?

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Start using your power armor. Just stay in it. I have came across 3 stashes of 4 power cores so far - none of them in hard to reach places. You'll just find them occasionally.

Caliane

They should just make the FO2 car standard again.
game could use a saints row buddy system at least. "hey, codsworth, hop in the van and bring me my power armor!"

inventory/companion needs a similar but opposite command.
"take everything you are carrying, but not have equipped, and go deposit it in the workstation, then come back to me"

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
So how often do you guys use your power armor? I have only used it once, for the first quest, but have a ton of armor and cores. Feel like I'll probably end up saving it for the whole game and never use em at all.
I do that shit in every game. I'll get to the final boss and say 'fuck it' and blow my load all at once.

Then it turns out to be a 3 phase fight and I used everything on the super easy first phase.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
but even the outcasts, etc are about preserving tech, not destroying it.
Any tech they can't control they seek to destroy. That's always been that way. BOS's stated purpose is to prevent technology from being used to destroy the world again, essentially.

That's why they seek to monopolize all of it that they possibly can.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So how often do you guys use your power armor?
I never use power armor, but I keep Piper in a suit always. The power core doesn't drain, and there's actually no need to even put a power core in it at all for companions to use it.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Minor unique spoiler
the Swans throw rock technique is bullshit. It homes like a pigeon. You can cheese it by standing behind a lamppost

Start using your power armor. Just stay in it. I have came across 3 stashes of 4 power cores so far - none of them in hard to reach places. You'll just find them occasionally.
Even merchants sell them sometimes and just about every POI thats inside a building you tend to find 1 or more as loot. What i want to know is how can you complete the power armor sets , found 3 suits so far t49 and a t51 and a t60 but they always have missing parts like a leg or arm. Have yet to stumble on parts as loot , or in shops for sale other then the skeleton for one but it had no parts for it.

Also the BOS thats at the police station , he mentioned getting me a suit of power armor once i joined but no mention of it since then. Do i need to do X amount of those side quests the other 2 give me before that quest advances to where we actually make contact with the BOS in that region?

khalid

Unelected Mod
Osiris,

At some point, he will give you a power armor suit, but it is after you get promoted to knight. This is after you contact the main BOS force. I think this part only triggers when you start advancing the main quest that takes you to Diamond City.

Also, people are calling for you in the middle east thread.

Osiris,

At some point, he will give you a power armor suit, but it is after you get promoted to knight. This is after you contact the main BOS force. I think this part only triggers when you start advancing the main quest that takes you to Diamond City.

Also, people are calling for you in the middle east thread.
Ah ok , so those side quests have nothing to do with getting to that point(the tech and clearing areas) they are just there to for exp/cash. Though maybe they were rep quests where if i did enough of them it advanced it. No thanks to that latter request , I have bowed out from that discussion. Also dont care if its spoiled but will they be a main force in dealing with the Institute as i found the Railroad and was wondering if joining one will affect being a part of the other? Anyone that far yet?

khalid

Unelected Mod
Osiris,

I don't think joining one faction stops you from joining others, but I haven't beat the game yet so not sure. I know I have joined every group that asks me to join and haven't had any problem so far. I'm basically a whore.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Been using reddits fo4 board. Just found these...

Reddit.com/r/fallout4tips
Reddit.com/r/fo4_tips

Better than the board full of random screenshots.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Can you sneak reliably in power armor? I have 20 cores and 5 suits but never use any of them. Haven't bothered to try.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Love how this game has no brightness/contrast settings.

Overall this was a pretty shitty port considering the hype/development of this game. Absolutely inexcusable for we dont have options for v-sync, brightness, different types of AA, FoV etc. Also fucking retarded we have actions like bash and grenade throw bound to the same god damn key.

Cybsled

Can you sneak reliably in power armor? I have 20 cores and 5 suits but never use any of them. Haven't bothered to try.
Ya, I have snuck in armor just fine before. You won't get in chokehold range, but you can get in position.

I use Power Armor anytime I know I am going to be fighting tons of ghouls or mutants, although...

I wore the armor to explore Cambridge and help BOS raid the rocket engine factory...those synths hurt at level 10, so armor saved my butt. I also ran into 2 raiders in power armor themselves, so having Power Armor helped a fuck ton. Plus one dropped a special machete that does 50 dmg, so I can one shot lots of regular mobs. Then I joined the BOS and got a sweet legendary laser rifle after we got the transmitter from the rocket engine factory lol

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Couple questions:

Can you move workshop bench? I'm guessing no, but curious if I missed something.

For growing your own adhesive, does the crops/purified water auto store into workshop(I assume settlers use a certain amount themselves to stay alive)? Or Do I need to collect the corn/mutafruit/water(if you can collect the water) as much as I can when in the settlement?