Fallout 4

iannis

Musty Nester
So has there been any talk of whether Obsidian is gonna try to make a more proper version of this game?
Nah, they're done with Fallout. And it apparently rustled Bethesda something fierce that new vegas was better than fallout 3, so even if Obsidian wanted to bethesda don't want none of it.

It's nothing but call of mutie from here on out.

And yeah, Avalone is gone. So even if Obsidian decides to do it for the money... they'll be doing it for the money.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Still hoping obsidian has a chance though. The way fallout 4 is selling I'm betting that would soften up some opposition to not letting them make it.

And I would love it if they modified it back to the old dialogue with no voice protagonist.

Caliane

I'd be happy if they just let me cut the fucking grass/weeds.

How do we set up trade routes? I have four settlements but no idea how to start these trade routes up.
I don't think there is something as advanced as actually having a caravan like the already existing ones. Would be nice though.

there are a few things though.
Local leader 1 lets you set up "supply chains."
with the workshop menu up, hover over a settler with no job, or that you want to assign, and hit q. then a menu will pop up allowing you to send them to another of your settlements.
the primary use of this, is instant access to workshop storage in both locations. the npc you send on the supply runs WILL physically walk between both locations. So give them some good armor.

I think supply chains might be the reason some of us are not getting as much water to sell as we think we should. Example, I have 11 settlers, and 30 purified water(36 total) in sanctuary... but, I never get any water added to my workshop aid... I think this is because I have like 5 or so camps chained. only 1 other has a purified water source. so total I have 35 settlers, and 30 purifed water.

Merchants. you can also build merchant tables. and assign settlers to man them.
No physical scavenging or trading is done though. stock magically appears.
your settlers, will crowd around the BAR at night though, and sit and drink, read papers, etc. its a very nice addition.

Scavaging shelf.. I am not sure what this does..

Caliane

I'm always hit or miss on voice in these games. Same problems everyone notes. the UI vocal choices don't match what is actually said. or ">sarcastic".. reduced option 4 responses...
But I think the female VA does a good job. It does help emote the characters more. Although, only 1 option is a bummer. Needs a Saints row choice VA. Male, Female, Bostan Accent M/F, Ghoul, Nolan North

Drunk VA is fun. Interrupting dialogue vocalization is great. uh-uh, right, yeah, uh-uh..

Denaut

Trump's Staff
Does anyone know if the Heavy Gunner perk stacks with the Commando perk? I would think that it doesn't, but who knows with these things.

Crazily

N00b
So I read by the time you hit 50, you will have enough points to unlock every perk...does this include maxing the special skills or if I max those will I fall short on unlocking/ranking up the actual perks?

khalid

Unelected Mod
You will not have enough points to unlock every perk at 50. However, you do have quite a bit such that you can afford to max out quite a few. I found myself early on worrying about ever getting to take what I wanted, now at 30 I have so far maxed all that I was really interested in.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
So I read by the time you hit 50, you will have enough points to unlock every perk...does this include maxing the special skills or if I max those will I fall short on unlocking/ranking up the actual perks?
You heard wrong. The only thing I can figure this might be referencing is if you dump all your perk points into maxing out your SPECIAL scores at 10 after starting with all 4's, at which point you will have access to unlock the 1st level of every perk, but if you start with 4's in all SPECIAL stats then you need 6 perk points per each SPECIAL stat to level them all to 10 (not counting bobbleheads and the You're SPECIAL book) 6x7 = 42 so at level 43 you'll have all your SPECIAL scores at 10 (if you can even survive playing without any perks to level 42 on any difficulty harder than easy, which I find doubtful) which means you'll only have 7 perk points by level 50 to unlock any perks with.

There are something like 220 or 270 total PERK levels. 10 Perks per SPECIAL skill. Each Perk having varying numbers of ranks from 1 to like 5 or 6.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
So, I'm a total Fallout newb and don't know wtf I'm doing. What is the best way to find a good sniper rifle. I'm assuming I'll have to mod one up or something.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I'm loving the game so far but have a reoccurring bug that's a major pain in my ass. Almost every time I leave a terminal the game bugs out. The view glitches and I can't move, shoot, or anything else. Right now I just auto save before entering a terminal and reload until it doesn't glitch, usually takes about 10-20 attempts. Some Google research said it may be due to too high of a frame rate and I need to cap st 60 fps but I have no idea how to do that. I have a I-7 6700, nvidea 980ti, 16 gb ddr4. Currently level 20 and it's been happening since I started. I did get the graphics card patch that was released the day before fallout. Any advice would be appreciated.

Caliane

Modding helps. but is not the end-all.

how far in are you?
you get two pretty good starter energy rifles from the early quests. The first in concord, and the second in Lexington, after following the distress call.

Pipe weapons are highly modifiable, but pretty weak. .308 bullets are much stronger then any .38.
Supermutants tend to carry Hunting rifles. Those will be noticeable stronger then any pipe rifle. Get a hunting rifle, then mod it up.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
So, I'm a total Fallout newb and don't know wtf I'm doing. What is the best way to find a good sniper rifle. I'm assuming I'll have to mod one up or something.
Pretty sure a regular .308 hunting rifle that drops changes to sniper rifle when you mod it up with better scope and full stock etc. That's what I've been using anyway. Also found a 5 crank energy sniper rifle that one shot head shots anything so you might want to look into that too. It requires science to mod but I just got lucky with a drop. I use the 5 crank for super mutants and other big shit.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I'm loving the game so far but have a reoccurring bug that's a major pain in my ass. Almost every time I leave a terminal the game bugs out. The view glitches and I can't move, shoot, or anything else. Right now I just auto save before entering a terminal and reload until it doesn't glitch, usually takes about 10-20 attempts. Some Google research said it may be due to too high of a frame rate and I need to cap st 60 fps but I have no idea how to do that. I have a I-7 6700, nvidea 980ti, 16 gb ddr4. Currently level 20 and it's been happening since I started. I did get the graphics card patch that was released the day before fallout. Any advice would be appreciated.
It should be capped to 60fps already out of the box.

Here's a guide to how to fiddle with stuff like unlocking framerate.Steam Community :: Guide :: Unlock Frame Rate, Change FOV, Skip Intro Video, Unlock Console, 21:9 Support and Remove Mouse Smoothing + Other Fixes

Try setting your monitor to 120hz refresh rate, try forcing Vsync through your video card directly that might fix it. (if you have nvidia just use control panel, no idea with ATI how to do it its been too long since I've had an ATI video card).

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Not sure if its a bug, but I pickpocketed the fusion core from some Gunner Commander and then it made it so I "stole" his armor after I killed him.

Now I have another power suit in my garage that is stolen whenever I attempt to touch it. Kind of funny really! But also bullshit.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I picked up a laser musket that "shoots an additional projectile" and added a 6 crank to it. Playing on very hard, I haven't found anything I can't one-shot from stealth with it.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Goddammit dogmeat, goddammit.

6Z9PbRq.gif

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
I cant recall all the details exactly like npc names but:
Hike all the way east from Sanctuary and go up the road from Salem toward the coast and you will find a dude shooting Mirelurks from his rooftop. Do his quest and he will give you a pretty awesome rifle modded to use .50cal ammo with a super sniping scope.