Fallout 4

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Does anyone know if there is a way (via console commands, or whatever) to kill a specific NPC? I've got an immune Super Mutant bugged out near Vault 81. Came upon some Diamond City security attacking a little Super Mutant fort; all but one of the mutants was normal. One cannot be interacted with by myself, companion, or NPC but still is acting normally, able to attack me and do damage, etc.
Open console, target the super mutant, type "kill". Another Skyrim command, but it should still work.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm still relatively not that far in the game (level 9, but farting around doing random stuff), and my only real concern right now is if I'm ever going to find a fucking (non-legendary) shotgun that shoots more than 2 shells before reloading. Contrary to most of you posting your experiences, I'm not finding shit for rifles at all, and mainly only have pistols. I have a few shitty pipe rifles, and I understand that modding some pistols might turn them into rifles, but still, I am not finding shit beyond that crank laser rifle that I can't fucking stand. I think if I ever find a halfway decent endless anything I might just stick with it because reloading after 2 shots (or turning a crank after one) is going to drive me fucking nuts.

Please tell me there are more types of shotguns on the horizon.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I'm still relatively not that far in the game (level 9, but farting around doing random stuff), and my only real concern right now is if I'm ever going to find a fucking (non-legendary) shotgun that shoots more than 2 shells before reloading. Contrary to most of you posting your experiences, I'm not finding shit for rifles at all, and mainly only have pistols. I have a few shitty pipe rifles, and I understand that modding some pistols might turn them into rifles, but still, I am not finding shit beyond that crank laser rifle that I can't fucking stand. I think if I ever find a halfway decent endless anything I might just stick with it because reloading after 2 shots (or turning a crank after one) is going to drive me fucking nuts.

I bought a basic combat shotgun off a vendor in diamond city; modded it with a drum magazine and it has 32 shots before reload heh.

Like you early on I farted around and didnt get to diamond city, once you do some more weapon types open up off the vendors there.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider

You just need to get out there. The lower level mobs mostly have pipe rifles. That being said, I still find a shitload of them at level 40...so. Kinda like how 10mm pistols were the big thing in FO3, it's pipe weapons in FO4.

Combat Shotgun and Combat rifle you should be able to buy from vendors when you find them, like in Diamond City. Other than that, doing quests will take you to places where raiders and muties have better weapon drops. I'm still using a combat rifle I got at level 10 that's 25% damage and 15% reload speed. (with gun nut 4 mods, etc etc)

Double barrel shotguns are nice when fully upgraded (roughly 104dmg). You can spam click and it dumps both barrels instantly. Re-load sucks but if you can get a double headshot most stuff gets wrecked.

Sulrn

Deuces
You have double barrel or combat. Guns: 10mm, pipe gun, pipe revolver, pipe rifle, double barrel, revolver, laser/plasma gun, laser musket, combat shotgun, combat rifle, assault rifle, hunting rifle. Then the heavies and flavor guns.

Combat shotguns (especially the unique ones -mine is +50% dmg w/ increased recoil) are arbiters of destruction when fully upgraded. 32 rounds of rape in your face.

Didn't love it, uninstalled it after a few hours. Just not a Fallout guy I guess.

I see how people can like it just isn't for me.
Once I finish the first run I'll be right behind you. Most overhyped game I've purchased. Should have known better from playing FO3.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
My friend hates Bethesda games as well. Didn't care for FO3, Oblivion or Skyrim. I love everything they put out.

Vorph

So yeah, as a follow up to my earlier wall of text post: it does indeed seem that all the LL2 stores are pointless without also taking Cap Collector 2 to be able to build the "emporium" shops, and then assign specific NPCs to them that raise the level of the shop another tier further. I tested one of the NPCs with my level 2 trader stall and you cannot even assign him to it if it's not an emporium.

Plan your builds accordingly..... or skip all that shit entirely.

My friend hates Bethesda games as well. Didn't care for FO3, Oblivion or Skyrim. I love everything they put out.
I hated every TES from Morrowind on as well as FO3, but no regrets at all buying this day 1. It ain't perfect, but it's miles better than anything else they've ever done.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
It was a random drop, but I did find a double shot 10mm pistol. Fires two bullets for each trigger pull while using 1 ammo.

If you used that, the gunsliger perks, sandman perks so that you can do bonus damage for sneak attacks, I bet you can do pretty good. Of course you'd need sneaking as well.

Don't quote me on this, but I did mod it up to see what it looks like, and I think it's 65 damage for me with 0 ranks in gunslinger.

For comparison, I'm 3 ranks into rifleman with gun nut 3 stuff on my Overseer's Guardian and it's showing 140-something damage.

Caliane

You just need to get out there. The lower level mobs mostly have pipe rifles. That being said, I still find a shitload of them at level 40...so. Kinda like how 10mm pistols were the big thing in FO3, it's pipe weapons in FO4.

Combat Shotgun and Combat rifle you should be able to buy from vendors when you find them, like in Diamond City. Other than that, doing quests will take you to places where raiders and muties have better weapon drops. I'm still using a combat rifle I got at level 10 that's 25% damage and 15% reload speed. (with gun nut 4 mods, etc etc)

Double barrel shotguns are nice when fully upgraded (roughly 104dmg). You can spam click and it dumps both barrels instantly. Re-load sucks but if you can get a double headshot most stuff gets wrecked.
yeah. "low level" likely means you only have fought raiders. who as the tooltip says, mostly use pipe weapons. Versatile, but not very strong.
supermutants like hunting rifles. Gunners, high end mercs, will use combat rifles, shotguns. even nukes, rockets, and laser weapons.
you'll sometimes find random guys using random stuff.

Im level 19 now... and also have not actually made it to diamond city yet.

Vorph

Heh, I'm in the 30's now and just about to go check out that BOS radio message I heard 60+ hours (realtime) ago. I also have not done the very first main story quest you get in Diamond City either. Oops.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
The general consensus I've gotten from people playing this is if you really didn't like FO3 (or NV either for that matter) than there is nothing here that is going to change your mind. I've actually read more than one person say this game reminds them a lot of Rage, just a better version of it. I'll still pick it up eventually since I like Bethesda games, just don't have the rig to run it properly yet.

Tenks

I've only played maybe 4 hours but I'm just nervous I'll get bogged down playing The Sims with my colony. It already looks like building an actual house is a pain in the ass.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
So yeah, as a follow up to my earlier wall of text post: it does indeed seem that all the LL2 stores are pointless without also taking Cap Collector 2 to be able to build the "emporium" shops, and then assign specific NPCs to them that raise the level of the shop another tier further. I tested one of the NPCs with my level 2 trader stall and you cannot even assign him to it if it's not an emporium.

Plan your builds accordingly..... or skip all that shit entirely.
The text in Cap Collector doesn't say anything about that shit. Rank 2 just says shit about making things cheaper and sell prices higher. It actually allows you to build a different level of shop as well?

Sulrn

Deuces
I've only played maybe 4 hours but I'm just nervous I'll get bogged down playing The Sims with my colony. It already looks like building an actual house is a pain in the ass.
Realizing the limitations of the settlement mechanics and it's limited return cures that pretty quickly.

----
Wasteland 2 is a better post-apoc rpg. Unfortunately it's not of the same scope or scale as FO3/4.

I greatly enjoyed Skyrim, especially after I came back 3 years later on PC and ran vanilla with 100+ mods. I ran Skyrim originally on my 360 and never regretted it and repurchased it for PC. On the other hand with FO4 I wish I had reversed my decision on waiting for Witcher 3 winter sales and waited for FO4 instead.

Makes me laugh that the prehype in this thread was shitty release and amazeballs game play, but its actually been closer to the opposite with rehashed mechanics and mostly stable release (which isn't a bad thing), but lends heavily towards the running joke that they're waiting to let the community invest the time and effort into making the game that this could have been.

Tenks

Fuck all your negativity, I'm having a blast.
I've enjoyed my limited time as well. I was just hoping the settlement thing was mostly a backburner instead of a requirement. Like in Terraria I never set up a pretty house or anything. Just a standard space with the necessary rooms and work benches. I was hoping I could get by with the bare minimum from the settlement.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Makes me laugh that the prehype in this thread was shitty release and amazeballs game play, but its actually been closer to the opposite with rehashed mechanics and mostly stable release (which isn't a bad thing), but lends heavily towards the running joke that they're waiting to let the community invest the time and effort into making the game that this could have been.
If you were expecting something drastically different from the last two games, you're actually retarded.