Fallout 4

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Goddammit dogmeat, goddammit.

6Z9PbRq.gif
Lol exact same thing happened to me yesterday. Fucking dog meat. Luckily I saved halfway through. i was pretty disappointed with the treasure at the end but I did get a metric shit ton of crystal from all those lazer tripwires though.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not sure if its a bug, but I pickpocketed the fusion core from some Gunner Commander and then it made it so I "stole" his armor after I killed him.

Now I have another power suit in my garage that is stolen whenever I attempt to touch it. Kind of funny really! But also bullshit.
Open console, target the suit, and type "setownership" and it should belong to you now. That's the Skyrim command anyway, I have not tested it in FO4 yet. Save your game first in case anything goes horribly wrong.

I cant recall all the details exactly like npc names but:
Hike all the way east from Sanctuary and go up the road from Salem toward the coast and you will find a dude shooting Mirelurks from his rooftop. Do his quest and he will give you a pretty awesome rifle modded to use .50cal ammo with a super sniping scope.
At level 8 he probably won't even have a good supply of .308 yet, let alone .50.

But anyway, the naming system in the game is mostly based on stocks and scopes. A pistol with a stock is a rifle, a rifle with a scope is a sniper rifle, etc. Hunting rifle becomes a sniper rifle when you replace the iron/reflex sights with a scope. Energy weapons are a little different, in that it's the barrel that determines the name instead of the scope.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Nah I just set it off in the Tony Stark garage with my other 7 suits I never use.

I will try to start using them later.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well I hit level 40 last night, and rewarded myself with a little build session at
The Castle
4 hours later I have the walls done (wood foundations have concrete, look great) and my little power armor room. This fucking game has SO MUCH SHIT TO DO, GOD DAMN.

Also, really hate that empty feeling when shit gets spoiled. You hit it in the story/game/movie and you're just like "I bet most people would have a reaction here, but I am an emotionless husk".

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Lt Dan is now my favorite Companion. However, I must say I find it awkward when you companions take a 3min break to gush all over you...

Vorph

I don't think there is something as advanced as actually having a caravan like the already existing ones. Would be nice though.

there are a few things though.
Local leader 1 lets you set up "supply chains."
with the workshop menu up, hover over a settler with no job, or that you want to assign, and hit q. then a menu will pop up allowing you to send them to another of your settlements.
the primary use of this, is instant access to workshop storage in both locations. the npc you send on the supply runs WILL physically walk between both locations. So give them some good armor.
Settlers are flagged 'essential' so you don't have to worry about them dying.

I think supply chains might be the reason some of us are not getting as much water to sell as we think we should. Example, I have 11 settlers, and 30 purified water(36 total) in sanctuary... but, I never get any water added to my workshop aid... I think this is because I have like 5 or so camps chained. only 1 other has a purified water source. so total I have 35 settlers, and 30 purifed water.
There seems to be a limit to how much water will get put in the workshop. I have a cooler next to mine, and whenever I head back to Sanctuary I make all the paste I can and then put all the leftover water into the cooler. As far as I can tell my cap is 164, which is the 180 water I produce minus the 16 settlers I have at Sanctuary. Going to add four more industrial purifiers this afternoon and see if the cap becomes 324 as expected.

Merchants. you can also build merchant tables. and assign settlers to man them.
No physical scavenging or trading is done though. stock magically appears.
your settlers, will crowd around the BAR at night though, and sit and drink, read papers, etc. its a very nice addition.
I was flipping through a PDF of the Prima guide last night and came across something I was not aware of--certain named NPCs you can add to your settlements are actually "Level 4 Workshop Merchants". For example, you should have the Vault-tec dude man your Trade booth. [Edit: Now that I look at it more closely, it appears you need to have a level 3 emporium to get their effect--which means that not only do you have to waste points on 6 CH and LL 2, but also two more perks into fucking Cap Collector and/or Medic. Really wish I'd never put a single level into CH or any of its stupid perks. Too late to undo it with the console now, since I have supply lines set up and level 2 shops built. Never again though!]

Full info from guide:
Y3rZmmZ.png

Scavaging shelf.. I am not sure what this does..
Assign someone to it and they just find random shit that gets dumped into your workshop. Hard to say how useful it is, but I always build one.

I'm always hit or miss on voice in these games.
The worst part is that it's another Bethesda game where they hired four dudes to voice 90% of all characters in the game, and one of them is Brandon Keener. "Sup Garrus, what are you selling today?" "Oh hey Garrus, mind tending those crops over there?" "Fuck you Garrus, time to die." At Bunker Hill he's both the barkeep's son AND a dude sitting at the bar that he talks to. I mean, sure, the guy has a cool voice, but unlike most voice actors he only has that one extremely distinctive and instantly recognizable voice that never changes in the slightest.

Really wish they would just spend the money and hire Troy Baker, Nolan North, Steve Blum, Liam O'Brien, Laura Bailey, Tara Platt, Tara Strong, etc. like pretty much every other big budget game.

Edit: BTW, the guide is typical Prima quality. Just a massive dump of spoilers that will all be on the wiki soon if not already, and pretty much no useful analysis of any game systems. I was considering buying it if they provided any sort of math behind how AP/shot is calculated, info on which things are additive and which are multiplicative, etc. but there is nothing like that. It sucks that they get to do most of the big games instead of Piggyback or Future Press, companies that actually put some effort into their guides beyond just organizing an info dump and making it look pretty.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Are there any other games out there with the scope and breadth of Bethesda games? I can't think of any.

I ask because when I was playing earlier it occurred to me that I wouldn't even know where to begin to implement some semblance of a robust quality assurance process for a game like Fallout 4. There's literally no way to test every change implemented from build to build; the game would spend most of its development time and budget on quality assurance. I daresay that Bethesda games are just as complex and systematically interdependent as any given MMO (for example: one seemingly insignificant bit of code is modified and it breaks all companions' ability to use weapons because their scripting relied on some reference that no longer exists).
GTA V.

Also for performance issues, mine were solved by upgrading to Windows 10. VSync and the sub 30fps drops in cities.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Sigh so I've been rocking this pimped-out .45 with my pistol build throughout most the game and it's served me well... but I'm pushing up against the ceiling where I'd need to spend a ton of points to jump to energy pistols. Any one else speccing out high-crit/agi pistols?

Caliane

i gave up on pistols when I noticed I was just getting dumped on with shotguns, rifles, etc. and no real pistols. just pipe pistols, and 10mm. which both suck.
I have 1 44.. with 8 bullets for it. do have a .45 pipe pistol, but its wholly inferior to the shotgun in melee, and a hunting rifle in both ranged and melee. only use it when getting low on shells, .308 and cell ammo.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
As someone who does constantly use VATS. Fuck the time slow version and the buggy shit that makes clicking which body part I want god damn impossible sometimes.

Vorph

Sigh so I've been rocking this pimped-out .45 with my pistol build throughout most the game and it's served me well... but I'm pushing up against the ceiling where I'd need to spend a ton of points to jump to energy pistols. Any one else speccing out high-crit/agi pistols?
A ton of points on what? Science? You can probably just salvage most/all of the top plasma pistol parts without too much trouble. I find lasers very underwhelming. Using rifles, but I don't see how pistols would be any different.

Also, have you tried .44 revolvers or a deliverer instead of switching to EW?

Vaclav

Nah, they're done with Fallout. And it apparently rustled Bethesda something fierce that new vegas was better than fallout 3, so even if Obsidian wanted to bethesda don't want none of it.

It's nothing but call of mutie from here on out.

And yeah, Avalone is gone. So even if Obsidian decides to do it for the money... they'll be doing it for the money.
Obsidian Wants To MakeI guess is that thing that popped in my feed now that I bothered searching for it - it's from 3 years ago, but that's so far post mortem on NVs 2010 release I can't imagine it isn't still accurate unless Av was the only reason Urquart was into it.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I don't know why Bethesda would be rustled over NV being the better game. Obsidian took what Bethesda did, stood on their shoulders and made a more elevated game. If it wasn't for Bethesda it isn't like the modern Fallout would have just magically appeared from thin air for NV to be made.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
I pimped out the Authority laser rifle and even pimped it fucking blows for damage. I can mow down a deathclaw with a 40 round mag from a .45 combat rifle, but it would take 400 shots with a laser rifle to do that.

The deliverer is one of the best 10mm pistols in the game, aside from that auto bleed pistol posted above. I go fuckin' assassin mode with that son of a bitch.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Does anyone know if there is a way (via console commands, or whatever) to kill a specific NPC? I've got an immune Super Mutant bugged out near Vault 81. Came upon some Diamond City security attacking a little Super Mutant fort; all but one of the mutants was normal. One cannot be interacted with by myself, companion, or NPC but still is acting normally, able to attack me and do damage, etc.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I have been rolling full pistols and I love it. .44 is my go to, but ammo...even with 2 point in ammo finding. I am using Keloggs .44 and modded it up to 96 points of damage, its a beast.

My 10mm is 56dmg and my laser pistol is 67dmg. Normally I roll with codsworth as he is a sweet tank, but Lt Dan is pretty fun as well. Back up is my combat shot gun and a sniper rifle, other than that I keep a .50 bolt action with 96dmg for ammo emergencies. Selling ammo I am not using with ammo finder2 is solid cap income imo,