Fallout 4

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm regretting rolling with moderate INT. Idiot Savant is godly. I love it when it procs on a bit quest turn-in.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Lots of people bagging on the writing and story, but pretty much every building and terminal has some interesting shit on it. I love finding terminals and reading all the stories. Yeah, I might like a more entertaining and compelling overall story, but that would also make me feel pulled more to it, instead of giving me the freedom to wander around and be my own badass.

I do agree that it is silly how little choices you have to make. I wish I could tell the minutemen to fuck off.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I am not trying to min max at all but once I learned my play style instead of rerolling I just went into console and used the player.setav commands to tune my character. I always say, "next time" I will do this...but there isn't a next time these days.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Scopes Determine VATS actions : fo4

Heres another thing about scopes and Vats. Might explain some of my issues.
Scopes greatly increase Action point cost in VATS.

People also noting weapon weight, might slow down reload, and weapon swap.
Some incorrect assumptions in that thread. I've tested it myself and AP cost seems solely based on Rate of Fire, but how exactly ROF translates to AP cost per shot is not clear yet. Weight affects how long it takes to swap weapons (probably, it's hard to judge because of the fucking texture 'bug' that causes weapon swaps to often take upwards of 5-10 seconds) and how quickly you can raise the weapon for iron sights/scope.

Bottom line, don't use scoped weapons in VATS. Only exception is taking a sniper shot from a long enough distance that you will regen all the AP used long before you need to fire a second shot. Generally this means burning a crit for a sneak/crit/headshot with 100% chance to hit.

Speaking of that the companion perk Kill Shot is horribly bugged. Apparently Bethesda still has people who don't understand that when you want to apply a 20% to hit mod you type 1.2 into the box, not fucking 20. Right now it gives a 2000% chance to headshot, which means you get 95% to hit in VATS at any range. There's afixfor it on the PC version already though.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Those percentage perk typo things were in NV too, and never got fixed, but I wonder if Bethesda will actually patch them since I believe they patched up FO3 a bunch.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yeah I got Killshot last night and right now its a fucking train wreck of a perk.

Need to install that mod.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Those percentage perk typo things were in NV too, and never got fixed, but I wonder if Bethesda will actually patch them since I believe they patched up FO3 a bunch.
They never fixed the Ninja perk in FO3 after however many patches there were for that game, and it was reported/fixed by a mod almost immediately after release as well.

Luck is absolutely worthless. Completely regret going 10 luck.
10 luck is a waste, since 8+1 is all you need. Ricochet is a novelty perk at best. Saying luck itself is worthless could not possibly be more wrong however.

Lots of people bagging on the writing and story, but pretty much every building and terminal has some interesting shit on it. I love finding terminals and reading all the stories. Yeah, I might like a more entertaining and compelling overall story, but that would also make me feel pulled more to it, instead of giving me the freedom to wander around and be my own badass.
My favorites are the raider stories about the dude who pretends to be riding a motorcycle, fake-throwing grenades, etc. Going to be really disappointed if you don't get to meet that dude eventually.

Me too, the problem is science seems to be needed for most crafting, but atleast now i know crafting is ass in this game anyway.
It may be ass from a depth/complexity standpoint but Science is still pretty much required no matter how you play imo. Maybe a melee character could get away with not having it, assuming you find a weapon you're content to use the whole game that already has the mod you want on it. You still need armorer for sure though, and if you want to use power armor at all you're back to needing Science again.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Much of Fallouts4 story telling is in the environment as well. Not just prose in a terminal which is super lazy in the first place. If you run around killing every raider without watching them or listening first, if you grab every item on the ground without paying attention to how things are set up, you miss out.
Pretty much. There is a ton in the world to tell a story. I came across a random cabin yesterday with a skeleton in it wearing a dress and picked up her holotape, it was an entire couple minutes of her basically saying she's pregnant, got kicked out, her boyfriend doesn't know, and she's hiding in this cabin away from everyone where she inevitably dies alone and pregnant.

There's also a raider girl that gets kidnapped and she's writing notes to her sister in another camp, except it turns out it was one of the raiders writing notes to get more supplies or they'll kill her (which they already did). Eventually, you can find her living sister with journal entries and the notes she had received from her "sister", and the dwindling supply of food because she was sending food to the people who kidnapped her. I almost felt kind of bad about killing her after realizing who she was.

It's super minor but there's a TON of similar things throughout the world. A lot of people don't care about that kind of shit though, but you're missing out if you're not exploring. Bethesda could without a doubt hire more writers, but there's so much more to this game than just the main storyline.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Started a new pistoleer heroine bad ass bitch last night. Got fuckin' rekt by mole rats on survival.

Clearly I need to work on my F5 game.

Also that brotherhood ending. Ruthless.

Caliane

Pretty much. There is a ton in the world to tell a story. I came across a random cabin yesterday with a skeleton in it wearing a dress and picked up her holotape, it was an entire couple minutes of her basically saying she's pregnant, got kicked out, her boyfriend doesn't know, and she's hiding in this cabin away from everyone where she inevitably dies alone and pregnant.

There's also a raider girl that gets kidnapped and she's writing notes to her sister in another camp, except it turns out it was one of the raiders writing notes to get more supplies or they'll kill her (which they already did). Eventually, you can find her living sister with journal entries and the notes she had received from her "sister", and the dwindling supply of food because she was sending food to the people who kidnapped her. I almost felt kind of bad about killing her after realizing who she was.

It's super minor but there's a TON of similar things throughout the world. A lot of people don't care about that kind of shit though, but you're missing out if you're not exploring. Bethesda could without a doubt hire more writers, but there's so much more to this game than just the main storyline.
yeah, that was a good scenario. Shame you can't intimidate raiders into talking and joining you. None of those raiders were crazy cannibals. Both sides were just gangs looking for food/survival. Then there are the Forged, and fuuuuuuck those crazy assholes.

Someone needs to mod Captain Bridget into a traveling companion.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Its funny because yesterday I was also thinking about the ambiguity of the raiders I'm slaughtering. Minutemen say they're evil because they raid, murder and plunder. So to combat this I'm going to their homes to .... raid, murder and plunder.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Pistoleer is the only way to play!

I'm only playing through his once and 100%ing it. Collecting comics is such a bitch though. But I have a sweet comic book shop in Sanctuary now. Really, the amount of hours I've spent on Sanctuary I'd hard pressed to set up home in another location.

Some of the other locations do have potential though. Like that huge Island I've seen on Reddit. With some additional mods housing will be really cool.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Has anyone built a base on the island yet? I just got there last night, and it's massive. I'm going to try to build a more realistic looking settlement over there instead of another Fort Knox.

Some of the raids that happen on settlements have been the funnest fights.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
yeah, that was a good scenario. Shame you can't intimidate raiders into talking and joining you. None of those raiders were crazy cannibals. Both sides were just gangs looking for food/survival. Then there are the Forged, and fuuuuuuck those crazy assholes.

Someone needs to mod Captain Bridget into a traveling companion.
I dunno, they had some good ideas:

rrr_img_116265.jpg

Jait

Molten Core Raider
A lot of people don't. They basically just Call of Duty the whole game and wonder what the big deal is. Vats is like any other aspect of this game. Its shit unless you invest time and XP into it.
VATS is awesome. I'll still say it's pretty fucking lame you can't melee VATs properly. But you're exactly right, it's not meant for every character.

And when you are specced that way, it's only useful and VERY useful situationally especially short ranged. My "Boom-Stick" is awesome to VATS with. Attacking a group of Feral Ghouls from range, three charge me, and two lose their heads 2 ft from me, and the third jumps, falls past me and gets splatted from behind.

I wish there was a "Theatrical Cam" to replay stuff afterwards, from the first person it's all very slow and technical.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Better crits, crit banker, grim reaper's sprint and whatever the rank 9 skill is are "absolutely worthless"?

Do you even VATS, bro?
Seriously, the crit perks are some of my favorites and save my ass constantly when a legendary or skull pops around a corner.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
The one thing that pisses me off about
The Castle
is that in my first game I built there, and didn't see a single fucking invasion.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
You don't press the PsychoJet button when something like that happens?