Fallout 4

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Sulrn, you just don't sound legit. It isn't that we aren't interested in listening to legit criticism. It is that you make a negative comment about it, then come out and say you are lvl 50 and having fun. When someone comments on the discrepancy, you go on a long rant about how you were "severely disappointed" in the game.
Isn't it much better that somebody plays the game wholly, so that they can levy criticism on it that is as "honest" as possible? If the dude had put in only 10 hours before criticizing, you'd all be here shouting him down for the fact that he hasn't "really" played the game.

On the topic of voice-acting, I think it works really well for main storylines and some of the more "important" sidequests. This new tend of adding VA to literallyeveryline of dialogue gets old, however. Especially for fetch quests, verbose dialog that fleshes out lore, etc. Not to mention, the repetitive/immersion breaking nature of being forced to listen to the same VAs over and over again because every single line is voiced.

Caliane

do you all think it would be good or bad if Fallout blatantly ripped off Bioshock and took music from the 70's and, and remade it as it if were written in the 50s?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I just noticed this like 75 hours into the game... companion perks DO stick with you even after you dismiss them. The guide says otherwise, and it's never worked that way before, so I'm inclined to think it's a bug. Maybe not though, since there's really only a couple of them that do anything that matters. I definitely like the idea that you can keep Killshot without having to have that asshole along for the ride though.

MacCready is the same kid who was mayor of Little Lamplight in FO3, so even if he's not really that bad in FO4, fuck him anyway. That place should have been nuked.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The VO of these companions are great. Curie, Cait, Codsworth so far(that I have gotten) are amazing. Not to mention their hilarious chatter.

About Curie:
Maybe I was seeing things, but Was watching a stream while @ work, and swore the person had human Curie. Was I just dreaming or do you get some quest where you transfer her AI to a body or something?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So I just noticed this like 75 hours into the game... companion perks DO stick with you even after you dismiss them. The guide says otherwise, and it's never worked that way before, so I'm inclined to think it's a bug. Maybe not though, since there's really only a couple of them that do anything that matters. I definitely like the idea that you can keep Killshot without having to have that asshole along for the ride though.

MacCready is the same kid who was mayor of Little Lamplight in FO3, so even if he's not really that bad in FO4, fuck him anyway. That place should have been nuked.
What do you mean companions stick with you even after you dismiss them?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Some incorrect assumptions in that thread. I've tested it myself and AP cost seems solely based on Rate of Fire, but how exactly ROF translates to AP cost per shot is not clear yet. Weight affects how long it takes to swap weapons (probably, it's hard to judge because of the fucking texture 'bug' that causes weapon swaps to often take upwards of 5-10 seconds) and how quickly you can raise the weapon for iron sights/scope.

Bottom line, don't use scoped weapons in VATS. Only exception is taking a sniper shot from a long enough distance that you will regen all the AP used long before you need to fire a second shot. Generally this means burning a crit for a sneak/crit/headshot with 100% chance to hit.

Speaking of that the companion perk Kill Shot is horribly bugged. Apparently Bethesda still has people who don't understand that when you want to apply a 20% to hit mod you type 1.2 into the box, not fucking 20. Right now it gives a 2000% chance to headshot, which means you get 95% to hit in VATS at any range. There's afixfor it on the PC version already though.
Nice. I posted about that earlier and just removed the ability completely from my character via console. Given that I had to suck up my NedStark honor and steal everything in two cities to get that perk I'm glad I can get it back in with a mod.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The mod fixes it, its still oretty strong for a perk but not ridiculously op like it is bugged.

I stole a lot to get the perk but I also did some quest decisions that helped it along.

His perk is the hardest to get for sure. Hes so finicky and sort of neutral about shit too much good hurts too much bad hurts. You have to be an uncaring dick but you cant be an outright monster.

Definitely my favorite companion so far

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
You made fun of Quinn for not wanting the definitive Fallout experience, but then don't consider Dogmeat the best companion ever all time. GTFO.
Dogmeat always dies in the originals about two minutes after acquiring him.

I play the originals pure solo.

F3 I roll with the supermutant you get in the vault, NV ED E and Boone all the way.

F4 Ive gotten MacCready and the newspaper biches perks so far, working on danses currently.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
newspaper bitch is easy if she's with you since she increments on lock pick.
codsworth I got by just having him near me whenever I upgraded weapons.
Macready was the biggest pain so far. I don't think it'd be possible for me to get his perk by playing normally (which is okay by me).

I haven't found anyone who I get +rep with for just massacring a lot of enemies quickly, or killing a big enemy (Ex: Bull from DA:I). I think that would've been a cool feature to have a generally blood thirsty companion. Or a companion that just likes to cleanse evil ex: Minsc.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Pretty sure danse is down with some killing, so long as its ghouls, mutants, synths and raiders.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Silly companions using the wrong weapons.

krUR7df.gif

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
LOL I haven't had that happen yet. I tend to off load all my heavy shit to them as well. Fortunately I have no reason to offload the actual nukes since they have zero weight otherwise I imagine that would be much more likely to happen. I can see myself screaming "Nooooo!" just before that goes off and I haven't saved in a bit.

Rime

<Donor>
Question: Does using Console Commands on the Steam version disable your ability to earn achievements?

Reason for the question posted below. Just a location spoiler, nothing to do with a quest/event.

I am in the fish packing plant and got knocked back into a wall that I am now stuck in. I would rather not use a reload, as it would lose about 10 minutes of annoying combat (including three legendary enemies - two at once. Oy vey). I would like to use the no-clip command to get out of the wall, but will eat the loss of time if it will disable my achievement earning. Thanks.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Use console, get out of wall, save, exit game to desktop, start game again, reload, and youll still get achieves.

Console only disables achieves for current game session