Fallout 4

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Also something I found out yesterday which is embarassing because apparently its been in since FO3 is when you're hacking a Terminal you'll see a bunch of garbage characters. You can highlight over some (generally enclosed with braces, tags, brackets) and if you click them it removes dud passwords. So if you have like <(!~`)> and if the entire thing is highlighted when you mouse over it will remove a dud (there is also one that will reset your attempts.)

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Where in the world is the Railroad faction?

I'm level 24, about 30 hours into the game and I haven't encountered them at all yet

Although I've mostly been in the north half of the map(everything north of Diamond City, Including Diamond City), and I've pushed the BOS quests far enough to where that quest line has now apparently merged with the main quest line

Both quest lines now have me needing to head south into the radiation fields to find that scientist

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I haven't done the quest line yet but I know I got a "Follow the Railroad" quest in Diamond City. I can't 100% recall who gave it to me, though.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I have a quest to "Follow the Freedom Trail" but it gives absolutely no location markers on the map. Is that related at all?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The Freedom Trail starts in Boston Common I believe.

Its literally a trail you have to follow on the ground that will spell out a word you'll need to open a secret door to get to the Railroad

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Thanks. I think I am just doing it wrong going to BOS so early. I'll back off and explore/side quest a bit.

I think being level 10 in Boston is impossible.
I went straight to BoS on my melee playthrough on the PS4. It was just on the most direct route to Diamond City though, not like I was intentionally seeking them out. If you are playing a rifleman character I would definitely suggest you do the second quest in their series as early as possible.

I disagree with Phazael's Toughness recommendation too. Way too few perks to go around to be spending any of them on defense, even on Survival. That's what Med-X is for.

Gets slightly tougher and goes back to 100% health is my assumption.
Supposedly the tier of item it drops goes up as well.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Also if someone has a color scanner (mine is B/W so it would be worthless to do it and photo with my phone would be shitty) and the guide there's the "hot/cold" map that's been relatively helpful about where to go if someone wants to link that spoilered for people like Noodle that need a little guidance. [Or buying the guide is an option too, guys]

Another similar option for those that want to not get things spoiled, but aren't sure if an area is good for them or not would be the Awareness perk - since you can see levels/resists you can get a better idea pretty quick of if you're completely out of your element or not.

And on Survival, explosives always seem to be dangerous - even Moltov's seem to be a one shot kill on me when they land on me outside of power armor.

Caliane

Where in the world is the Railroad faction?

I'm level 24, about 30 hours into the game and I haven't encountered them at all yet

Although I've mostly been in the north half of the map(everything north of Diamond City, Including Diamond City), and I've pushed the BOS quests far enough to where that quest line has now apparently merged with the main quest line

Both quest lines now have me needing to head south into the radiation fields to find that scientist
keep your eyes open, they have marks all over the world like the Thieves guild in skyrim.

DrLifetilt_sl

shitlord
Really like how the radio playlist expands as you progress in the game.

Dislike how OP power armor is. I liked that they put a limit to its use, but at some point you'll get enough fusion cores to use it continuously for hours. Nothing wrong with that, but the stats are ridiculous compared to regular armor, it's like you gained 20 levels immediately. I am thinking that a str/agi Assault Terminator build should be the more powerful in the endgame. Also the torso mods at Armorer/Science! rank 4 look insane on paper. Autoheal at low health? This combined with max Medic might mean that you become nearly unkillable even at Survival difficulty.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I definitely played as the "good guy", and also did waaay more of those minutemen quests than needed. Also spent fucking hours building an awesome base for my settlers on spectacle island, complete with all the furnishings and comfort of 2076.

Then I found one of them sleeping in my bed and I knifed him in his sleep. Some things, ya just don't fuck with.

Sulrn

Deuces
Really like how the radio playlist expands as you progress in the game.

Dislike how OP power armor is. I liked that they put a limit to its use, but at some point you'll get enough fusion cores to use it continuously for hours. Nothing wrong with that, but the stats are ridiculous compared to regular armor, it's like you gained 20 levels immediately. I am thinking that a str/agi Assault Terminator build should be the more powerful in the endgame. Also the torso mods at Armorer/Science! rank 4 look insane on paper. Autoheal at low health? This combined with max Medic might mean that you become nearly unkillable even at Survival difficulty.
If I recall, there's a cd on the medic pump. So if you get zerged, you still die. I didn't take the Big Leager perks, but melee fell off pretty quickly in versatility to me even before I started investing in rifleman. Even with a jetpack, enemy packs can get so spread out on multiple different levels and in buildings/rooms that you spend way more time healing than killing as to compared just head shotting things while moving through an area.

That being said, comet bombing an area with a jetpack and explosive vents then sledging/shiskabobbing/ripping (or ejecting your core on) any survivors is definitely a highlight of the game (where are you WH40K mods + weapons).

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Maybe it's just how I like to play but I haven't been in a Power Armor suit since level 12 (I'm 34 presently). Stealth pistols and rifles seems to be how I play games from Bethesda.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I've got like 10 power armor suits.

Haven't worn them longer than it takes to set them up at Sanctuary since the first quest that requires you to wear one.

Sulrn

Deuces
I had to use a shotgun on my pistoleer last night..I am a failure.
Pistols-only being completely unfeasible in a large number of scenarios doesn't make you a failure. It just means you came closer realizing the truth of Combat Shotty/Rifle divinity.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Pistols-only being completely unfeasible in a large number of scenarios doesn't make you a failure. It just means you came closer realizing the truth of Combat Shotty/Rifle divinity.
Last character was rifles/heavy. X-01 and pimped gatling laser....nothing survived.

Sulrn

Deuces
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1478/?

Let the home makeovers begin! It's a mod that unlocks "over 100" vanilla items for you to build in your settlements.
Still needs a working lawnmower and weed eater.

Last character was rifles/heavy. X-01 and pimped gatling laser....nothing survived.
Ah. So you've cycled into a lesser being in your new life. Enjoy your pathway back to enlightenment. I look forward to seeing how it goes for the eventual reinstall and Space Marine Sword/Pistol run.