Fallout 4

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Also if someone has a color scanner (mine is B/W so it would be worthless to do it and photo with my phone would be shitty) and the guide there's the "hot/cold" map that's been relatively helpful about where to go if someone wants to link that spoilered for people like Noodle that need a little guidance. [Or buying the guide is an option too, guys]
You mean this?
D7sMHzv.png

Guide is terrible by the way, I strongly advise against buying it. Not a single bit of in-depth analysis to be found anywhere in it; it's simply an info-dump from Bethesda that they made look pretty. I don't feel the least bit guilty for downloading a PDF of it.

And on Survival, explosives always seem to be dangerous - even Moltov's seem to be a one shot kill on me when they land on me outside of power armor.
Always, always, always use the Dense mod on your chest armor. Asbestos is alright before you unlock Dense, but it only works against molotovs and should be replaced. They're annoying, but frags are the real threat. Be careful about using up ballistic fiber too. You only want to mod a good legendary armor if you can help it, unless you're ok with spending 800-1000 caps on a shipment of ballistic fiber every time you run out.

I think there's a lower tier of Dense that you can unlock at like Armorer 1 too, but I didn't figure out how strong the mod was until I already had Armorer 3.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Had one of my first significantly memorable random encounters. At least I assume it was random. Was taking a scenic route back to Sanctuary to explore a little and heard some pew-pew, so I veered for it and saw a super mutant suicider charging what I assumed was some BoS guy because they were pretty far away through the trees yet. Suicider did his thing and it all went quiet. So I wander over and realize the guy I thought was BoS was actually a legendary super mutant himself. I didn't see anything else so I was confused but as I was looting the free legendary guy I moused over their target... a bloatfly.

That must have been the most badass bloatfly ever to not only justify the suicider but also somehow survive the LEGENDARY FUCKING SUPER MUTANT shooting at it long enough for the suicider to actually go off. Remember, the shooting was going on long enough for me to hear it, go over a hill, see the suicider, then see the explosion. It will no doubt be reincarnated as a terrifying legendary of some sort.

Vaclav

Yea, that one Vorph - think there's another for "downtown" as well, but that covers most of the world to give him a general idea.

And I've not had much luck with the lower tier yet - only started my reroll w/ STR >1 recently so not gotten the higher tier yet to have any experience with it.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I kind of regret not having more STR so I could do Armorsmith early on but I have no idea what I'd sacrifice for it. Maybe 1 point of PER since if I could mod armor I might not need the Sniper perk as badly (that rank 1 is a big QoL perk though). Actually don't even know what PERKS I'd sacrifice for it since I still haven't put a single rank into some perks I intend to max out, at level 21 now.

Vorph

I kind of regret not having more STR so I could do Armorsmith early on but I have no idea what I'd sacrifice for it. Maybe 1 point of PER since if I could mod armor I might not need the Sniper perk as badly (that rank 1 is a big QoL perk though). Actually don't even know what PERKS I'd sacrifice for it since I still haven't put a single rank into some perks I intend to max out, at level 21 now.
Sniper's completely useless imo; there's a mod for arm slot armor that basically removes weapon sway if you install it on both right and left. I never need to hold my breath for more than a second or two at a time.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ah. So you've cycled into a lesser being in your new life. Enjoy your pathway back to enlightenment. I look forward to seeing how it goes for the eventual reinstall and Space Marine Sword/Pistol run.
More like rifles/power armor were overpowered as shit and the game was insanely easy. Now I'm doing survival with pistols because I am a glutton for punishment.

Ahh pretty cool you get new questlines after completing the game. So far just seems like repeatables for a few of them but nice touch as they mention the outcome and say we still have work to do.They give a lot more exp then the earlier repeatables. Gonna see how high of a level i can get before burning out.

Vorph

I still have yet to use power armor as anything but a glorified hazmat suit. I used to put my companions in it for the extra carry weight, but something horrible happens to their pathing code while in a suit and it's just unbearable to have around.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
I still have yet to use power armor as anything but a glorified hazmat suit. I used to put my companions in it for the extra carry weight, but something horrible happens to their pathing code while in a suit and it's just unbearable to have around.
I had Cait rolling around in BOS T60D armor with pink hot rod flames and a limb damage combat shotgun.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sniper's completely useless imo; there's a mod for arm slot armor that basically removes weapon sway if you install it on both right and left. I never need to hold my breath for more than a second or two at a time.
It's not super necessary but considering I'll need to find the STR Bobblehead + spend a perk on STR + spend perks on Armorsmith, I'm ok with just throwing the one point into sniper for now and not needing that mod at all :p plus let's me free up mod space for other shit later

Nester

Vyemm Raider
My new favorite gun has been renamed "the golden gun"

380 yard laser pistol range, with a long scope 128 dmg, but double damage on targets at full health. no recoil.

Pretty much one shoting every mob. had to dump my companions as they kept damaging my targets so I could not get the double bonus. Dogmeat is much better at doing very little. Going to max out wander next to get that 25% dmg increase. will be sick. Interesting that dogmeat can still carry a ton of stuff AND give you the lone wander perk...Playing very hard, may have to step up to survival now.

Fusion cells are not cheap, but I am rolling in cash now with a few perks spent in that direction. AMmo perk seems to make way more money, each ammo is pretty much a cap, nice full deplete a fenders caps with only selling 0.38 rounds.

Vorph

Interesting that dogmeat can still carry a ton of stuff AND give you the lone wander perk.
It's a bug, don't use it unless you want to cheat.

--------------------------

Any of you who've finished the game (or at least done a bunch of stuff that I haven't yet) ever come across a glasses slot item called "robotic bits"? No spoilers unless it's from somewhere completely inconsequential to the story, just looking for confirmation that it actually exists more than anything else.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Quick lore question:

Did the children being trained to be combat heroes in Vault 75 become the Gunner's that are there, or did the Gunner's simply take over the Vault?

Nester

Vyemm Raider
It's a bug, don't use it unless you want to cheat.

Dogmeat has no companion perk, and In the lore is included in the "lone wanderer" image. He is the only "companion" that has buy able perks specific for him.

SO the bug is he can carry stuff, not that he is included in the bonus?

Vorph

Dogmeat has no companion perk, and In the lore is included in the "lone wanderer" image. He is the only "companion" that has buy able perks specific for him.

SO the bug is he can carry stuff, not that he is included in the bonus?
There's a loading screen for Lone Wanderer that specifically says no companion or dog.

------------------

Anyone know a way to flush out a synth in a settlement? My happiness at Sanctuary keeps dropping to the low 40's so I know there's one of the fuckers there, but I don't know how to figure out who it is without the Awareness perk.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Pistols have been viable in ever situation I've encountered thus far!

But I do use other weapons for certain things, and I make extensive use of mines vs bigger threats. Will probably get some heavy weapons stuff because I think its dumb to use pistols in power armor. Call me a roleplayer.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Apparently if you placeatme a workbench you can build anywhere. It won't show up as a settlement, but if you're into that sort of thing...fuck it.