Fallout 4

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You can but the other townsfolk won't like it. I saw a guide on /r/fo4 saying you basically need to create a synth concentration camp at one settlement as the best way to deal.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I absolutely LOVE the gunplay in this game. Yea the dialogue and world chaging interactions are limited but holy shit are the physics in this game waaay better than previous titles.

I run around with a glow sighted bolt action rifle with a bayonet and it might be the most satisfying gunning experience ive had in a game in a long, long time. Between exploding domes in VATS and destroying fools mid to close range, it cant get more satisfying. I bayonet anything thats annoying or agile and it still does the job.

What a great game.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just hitFallout 4 Nexus - Mods and communityand browse through them all.

I probably have 30 mods installed now. Varies from graphical improvements to added building pieces to weapon/armor re-skins.

Ran into my first crash to desktop bug, will put it in spoilers because it's kind of a story spoiler.

The first CIT quest to kill a courser to get his chip. Apparently when you go into the downtown area there around the building you have to clear (Greene Tech) it just causes a random crash to desktop. I loaded probably 30 times and every time I would take 1 step and crash straight to desktop. The workaround is to teleport directly into the building, clear it, then teleport back to Sanctuary. Once I figured that out (looked it up) everything was golden

Also, I've been using
Kellog's Revolver
for most of the game now that I've acquired some caps and the scrounger perk. The AP refill on that bitch is a lifesaver on survivalist. I think I get 6 VATS shots with a full AP bar.

Also got around the "no sniping pistoleer" thing by putting a long scope on a .308 pipe revolver. That motherfucker has a 305 range, 260 when suppressed.

One of the coolest mods I have is a re-skin of the pipe weapons to black. That brass shit just isn't cutting it. Also another one that puts the sniper rifle suppressor on the pipe weapons, just for the appearance. Looks a lot better. Oh and the mod that allows you to wear base armor AND the armor pieces. Major clipping but it's fucking retarded that you can't wear some of the coolest outfits in the game and not get your shit pushed in for having low damage resistance.

DrLifetilt_sl

shitlord
I left Danse at Boston Airport and he...disappeared. I mean, i can still hear his annoying chatter around where he's supposed to be, but i can't see him. Fell under the world or something? Any way to get him back?

Caliane

on limited dialogue options
I feel like the game kicks itself in the balls at times with this. Like, I did the memory den part of the main questline last night. after you get out, Amari asks you "how did that make you feel?" then, your standard 4 responses. you ask the player their feelings then give them only 4 options? and like 3 of them are the same anyway. Where is the "Angry. I just want to kill him again now." response? why would you write that, knowing you can't possible give the player the proper options? and the player will almost certainly feel like they are forced to pick something they dont really want to say?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I left Danse at Boston Airport and he...disappeared. I mean, i can still hear his annoying chatter around where he's supposed to be, but i can't see him. Fell under the world or something? Any way to get him back?
In console:
prid 5de4d
moveto player

Sulrn

Deuces
He's in an inaccessible area that doesn't get unlocked until right before the end of the game if you choose the BoS route (even then the doors bugged out for me and it remained inaccessible).

Go ahead and remember -tcl (toggle clipping) you're probably going to need it at some point.

For everyone else having quest issuesConsole Commandswill probably fix most issues you're having.

If you ever need to learn an NPC/Companions' code, open the console then click on them.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Haha awesome. When that happens can you shoot them?
smile.png
I had a synth in my sanctuary settlement, I ported back to drop some stuff off, and my turrets were shooting at someone, I see a guy run across the street to hide behind a house while the turrets are firing at him, then dogmeat comes flying from somewhere(maybe he was chasing him) and kills the guy behind the house. I had no friggan clue what was going on, thought it was a bug since the guys name was green. Then go back to storing and all the rest of the people were thanking me for getting rid of the synth problem. I just laughed. Would be hilarious if dogs can sniff out the synth.

HUH_sl

shitlord
on limited dialogue options
I feel like the game kicks itself in the balls at times with this. Like, I did the memory den part of the main questline last night. after you get out, Amari asks you "how did that make you feel?" then, your standard 4 responses. you ask the player their feelings then give them only 4 options? and like 3 of them are the same anyway. Where is the "Angry. I just want to kill him again now." response? why would you write that, knowing you can't possible give the player the proper options? and the player will almost certainly feel like they are forced to pick something they dont really want to say?
Limited dialogue options you say.

rrr_img_117072.jpg

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
When I can blow up diamond city with a nuke or something game changing get back to me. When your fucking end game video can be shown at the start of the game and not having any real spoilers you failed at making the end game video.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>

rrr_img_117072.jpg
Not only are those dialogue options limited, but they are of no consequence. Whatever you answer makes no substantive difference to outcomes.

That is the actual issue people are pointing to when they summarize it with the statement "limited dialogue options".

Its the same issue all modern rpgs have. Its not exclusive to fallout 4

Caliane

rrr_img_117072.jpg
holy shit...

yeah. this shit right here pisses me off too. And the worst part is listening to devs and wannabe analysts insisting this shit is what gamers really want. "players say they want choice, but what they really want is the illusion of choice, let me just suck off biowares cock for a sec." Fuck you assholes. no, when we say we want choice, we fucking mean we want choice.

this shows exactly why they hide that shit with "sarcastic", etc as well. So the player doesn't immediately see when they are being lazy as shit.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Makes their lives much easier giving that illusion and they get to put a bullet on the PR statement about how the main character is full voiced over as some kind of feature. The sheep cheer and they sell millions and give zero fucks.

Developers have gotten lazy and writers need to take more drugs. We are living in a time where content is being reused because no one can think of anything new. So it's safer to mine the old shit for cash yet some how make it worse because people are lazy and don't bother to copy what actually made the games fun.