Fallout 4

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I have exactly one other gamer friend and he is much more casual than me. Everyone else isn't into gaming at all past word search or candy crush. I wish I had a group that threw Fallout themed birthday parties that is pretty bad ass sir.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm not sure where I fall on the aspect of more RPG.

I think I would just prefer market where I can have both. I can get RPG games that go very deep into the RP part, with lots of choices, differentiating paths, romances, actually losing content based on choices etc but I can also get RPGs like this where it's not as deep on those aspects but is more of a fun run and gun open world adventure game.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So I just did some AP regen testing and the results are... bizarre to say the least.

Spoilered for size:
InKFwkB.png

The numbers make no sense given that the perks are supposedly 25%/50% faster AP regen. While that's true with no Powered armor pieces, as soon as you start equipping those items it goes right out the window. It's worth noting that there is a 2 second cooldown when you run out of AP before regen kicks in. Perks, armor, etc. do not mitigate that delay at all.

Conclusion: Never take Action Boy/Girl, it's terrible. Instead, use 3 pieces of Powered armor, which leaves two slots for Martyr/Bolstered/Sharp (Fortifying for melee).

Limited dialogue options you say.
And that right there is why I will never use that stupid mod. I'd rather be ignorant of how little difference there is between the responses instead of having it jammed in my face every single time.

Not to mention that it reorders the gamepad response buttons that I've gotten used to over the last ~120 hours, unless you use the Lite version which isn't updated as much and has a set of issues of its own (mainly text running off the edge of the screen).

Caliane

I'm confused. are you saying power armor increases AP regen? I don't think its supposed to do that.

Jozu

Voice overs obviously dictates some things but Im sure there are ways around it, concerning quality content.

I dont understand why they cant impliment world changing events on a smaller scale.

For instance, say you found an NPC in the south who requested you to deliver supplies for a certain faction. If you do it you gain respect from the southern faction whilst losing it with the north. This result will prevent you from northern faction content which can inturn effect the world as far as ending goes or whatever.

This would make everything much more "alive".

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Witcher shows you can have consequences and voiced dialogue by your character. Unfortunately their open world kind of sucked. Of only witcher and fallout could screw and create some super offspring.

Vorph

I'm confused. are you saying power armor increases AP regen? I don't think its supposed to do that.
No, I'm talking about legendary armor pieces with the "Powered" prefix. They increase AP regen.

If I allow for some errors in stopwatch timing, it's basically +25% regen for each rank of Action Girl/Boy and +100% per 'Powered' armor piece. (All additive.)

VariaVespasa_sl

shitlord
Voice overs obviously dictates some things but Im sure there are ways around it, concerning quality content.

I dont understand why they cant impliment world changing events on a smaller scale.

For instance, say you found an NPC in the south who requested you to deliver supplies for a certain faction. If you do it you gain respect from the southern faction whilst losing it with the north. This result will prevent you from northern faction content which can inturn effect the world as far as ending goes or whatever.

This would make everything much more "alive".
Ya, more like this-New Reno - The Fallout wiki - Fallout 4 and more - Wikia

Cybsled

And that right there is why I will never use that stupid mod. I'd rather be ignorant of how little difference there is between the responses instead of having it jammed in my face every single time.
I do like the little surprise sometimes. During one quest I used sarcastic and said "I'm here to pickup an order of 2 large pizzas and a calzone, order name is 'fuck you'". I actually did laugh out loud when I heard that come out of my character's mouth.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I'd rather see what they have to say or have the option to see it because sometimes you have gems like that which are missed. Sometimes you have something that doesn't match whatsoever which what you thought was going to happen.

Caliane

No, I'm talking about legendary armor pieces with the "Powered" prefix. They increase AP regen.

If I allow for some errors in stopwatch timing, it's basically +25% regen for each rank of Action Girl/Boy and +100% per 'Powered' armor piece. (All additive.)
oh I see. so, someone misplaced a decimal point like they did with macready for the "powered" prefix.

Action Points - The Fallout wiki - Fallout 4 and more - Wikia

1/.06 base regen.
1/.075 =13.333 25% action girl1.
1/.09=11.111 50% action girl2

1/.12= 8.3 100% "powered" too high. 75% seems closer. .105 for 9.5s
1/.18= 5.55 200% "powered" 150% .15= 6.7s

if each piece of "powered" is then regening 75% of ap, still crazy op.

should post this on their forums or reddit or something. this is some, thats stupid broke, patch it stuff.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Witcher shows you can have consequences and voiced dialogue by your character. Unfortunately their open world kind of sucked. Of only witcher and fallout could screw and create some super offspring.
Maybe next time with cyberpunk. That was their first attempt at an open world game. They had no idea how it was even going to work till they stitched everything together towards the end of development. Witcher 3 world is so expansive would be tough to fill it to the brim like fo4 does imo.

Vorph

oh I see. so, someone misplaced a decimal point like they did with macready for the "powered" prefix.

Action Points - The Fallout wiki - Fallout 4 and more - Wikia

1/.06 base regen.
1/.075 =13.333 25% action girl1.
1/.09=11.111 50% action girl2

1/.12= 8.3 100% "powered" too high. 75% seems closer. .105 for 9.5s
1/.18= 5.55 200% "powered" 150% .15= 6.7s

if each piece of "powered" is then regening 75% of ap, still crazy op.

should post this on their forums or reddit or something. this is some, thats stupid broke, patch it stuff.
Yeah, I think you're right. If you use the base ~8.25 AP/sec regen and fit that to all the other values then 75% per Powered item and 25% for each rank of Action Boy/Girl comes out pretty close.

The perks are a complete waste if you have a few pieces of the armor. Hell, even Grim Reaper's Sprint would be useless too, if not for the fact that it banks a critical for you at rank 3*.

(*-With bugfix mod. In another retarded display, perk dude entered in a 35% chance to proc GRS filling the AP bar, and if that happens then it rolls another 35% chance of procing the crit fill. It's obviously only supposed to roll the 35% once and apply both effects.)

Sulrn

Deuces
Maybe next time with cyberpunk. That was their first attempt at an open world game. They had no idea how it was even going to work till they stitched everything together towards the end of development. Witcher 3 world is so expansive would be tough to fill it to the brim like fo4 does imo.
FO4 is barely half-full, much less filled to the brim. There's quite a bit of dead space and inaccessible structures in the game. Is that giving you an illusion of content? Even the real content that is there is fairly shallow unless you're in a hub.

Cybsled

Game endings

No matter which one you pick, it seems you feel like an asshole because you're forced to kill good/innocent people no matter which side you choose. But I do like the fact that you do -really- have to put some thought into it.

It doesn't help that there are pros and cons to all sides

1) Railroad is idealistic, but short term in goal. I do agree that Synths shouldn't be slaves, but blowing up the Institute essentially makes Synths extinct. Derp?

2) BoS again have a good mandate (Control tech so people don't make the same mistakes that lead to nuclear war), but ultimately all they are doing is acting like Warehouse 13. Elder Lyons wanted to change that and use BoS to help rebuild, but with his death you have a genocidal zealot. Granted, feral ghouls and most cannibalistic super mutants aren't exactly folks you can get along with, but the fact they really don't make much of a distinction between good ghouls or the rare super mutant makes them short sighted. Destroying the Institute just comes across as a power play, considering the nationwide presence of the BoS. It never really seems clear if they will ever take the next step and actually rebuild civilization.

3) Minutemen. Zzzz. They are good folks, but they only work on the Micro scale and don't consider the world

4) Finally, the Institute. In going through the various terminals and overhearing folks, the main concern is whether or not they would repeat the mistakes of the pre-war world. Specifically, the acceptance of morally questionable experiments for the supposed betterment of mankind (hi2u Vault-Tec) brings that into question. On the flipside, though, is the treatment of Synths as property and not feeling beings is a cultural thing and it could (hopefully) be fixed in time. It is notable that the Gen 3s are brand spanking new and they were primarily used to dealing with the more robotic and less sentient models. However, in theory they do represent the best possible hope for humanity to rebuild and regain much of what was lost.

Given all that, I do wonder what direction the DLC will take. Obviously some companions won't be around depending on some of your choices and your choices as to which faction you pick will have a big impact on the game world if you stick around Boston (although it may be like previous Fallout DLC and they will take place in instanced areas...Please make a Western Mass DLC ;P Springfield already looks like the Fallout universe in some parts lol).

I would like them to expand the companion stories/quests a lot more in the DLC. Buggy as they could be, it was pretty easy to feel attached to some of the companions and it did feel like it added a lot to the game in terms of immersion. Nick would obviously have a ton of story/consequences to explore. Curie too, especially if you do her questline (for obvious reasons). Piper was my favorite, so I am biased in thinking she should get more development as well. Considering you meet her so early, her story kind of fell off the map until you get to the ending, although the fact she (imo) has the best companion dialogue/personality kind of made up for that.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
rrr_img_117099.jpg

Got all 50 (achievements) trophies earlier today. Found Alien Blaster and logged out. I will get XO suit before the DLC. Time to take a break and get ready for the big EQ.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You can but the other townsfolk won't like it. I saw a guide on /r/fo4 saying you basically need to create a synth concentration camp at one settlement as the best way to deal.
How do you figure them out? Just save scum murder?

Vaclav

Having a decent time with it remotely on Vita. Controls aren't awful (it's got a custom set) and while free aim sucks due to half second or so lag, VATS does fine.