Fallout 4

Sulrn

Deuces
The endings, or really the last quest lines of each faction were incredibly disappointing. DLC will probably be competently unrelated to the main games story.

My ending thoughts.
It feels like Bethesda tried to copy New Vegas's factions but ended up Bethesda'ing the shit out of it. I played all the factions up to the point of no return and it all basically boils down to go brutally murder and betray the people you have just spent 50+ hours befriending.

Railroad is full of a bunch of good do'ers that don't seem to give a shit about humanity, just want to save robots even if it means murdering the shit out of tons of humans. I also found it odd that they were so willing to destroy the only place that can create this new form of life. They also seem to push for complete mind and personality wipes. How is that much better than death?

Brotherhood is your normal crazy fascist bros we have all come to love/hate. Huge assholes ready to jump at any chance to murder the living shit out of anyone who even remotely challenges them or their ideas. But at least they actually help people by clearing out threats. Their last quest chain is just a shittier version of Fallout 3s. A overly patriotic giant robot is fun and all but it's just the same shit, do something new. And why blow up Institute, so much useful tech in there.

Institute wasn't nearly as bad as people thought. They did some shady shit, but outside of doing some experiments on the surface they don't really give a shit about them. I don't even really know what their goals are. They just want more power so they can dig a bigger hole and do more science while letting the surface go to shit? They force you to murder everyone so that's not so great, but it was sort of out of defense. They did kill your wife, but that was 60 years ago so it's hard to hold that against them. They're a few years away from a massive slave synth revolt but you're their leader now so you can fix all that. In theory you could fix all the weird ass shit they do. I mean why the fuck are they so obsessed with making synths in the first place. It seems like 90% of their resources are devoted to making synths, but why?

Minutemen are pretty neutral to the point of being nonexistent and even they turn into innocent murdering crazy people at the end.

They all exist pretty heavily in a grey area, so much so that none of them really deserve the whole hearted slaughter your forced to rain down on them. When everything was finished, no matter what ending I picked I felt like I was forced to make decisions I didn't want to make. Also the lack of the end game slide show detailing what happened to each location is crap.

Had tons of fun playing. Just the last 5% was shit.
The Minutemen stay out of conflict with the Institute until they attack the Castle. It's a tic for tac play. Preston himself says he's not sure what they should be doing about the Institute until after the attack happens - then it's "Well they want a fight so we'll show them the Commonwealth isn't afraid." Bam institute blown the fuck up. Bam BoS blown the fuck up. The Commonwealth belongs to the people. I wouldn't call that innocent murdering by any stretch of the imagination especially when one of the Minutemen requests is that you sound the evac at the Institute and you're saving the commonwealth from being "secured" by the BoS.

Cybsled

Kinda messed logic, though

You fuck up the BoS, but then killing the Institute is rationalized as making sure the BoS doesn't get it. Wat.

Minutemen worst ending and faction ;p They're good guys, but they are boring as fuck ;p

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Can you post your sweetfx settings again?

I am using all the mods now, but it doesn't quite look like that. Sharpness or something looks off compared to yours. Darker Nights + realistic lighting is a must though. Turned nights more into nights than purple tint.
It's kind of a mix of the two presets now.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I just downloaded all your mods and changed my sweetfx settings to yours. We shall see how things go.

Also, Paladin Danse is a judgemental bitch!

Cybsled

Ya, he is. How other companions react when you swap is funny as well
wink.png

Although

Shame he picked the wrong side! RIP Danse! Loyal to the end to the BoS, even if his leader was a dickbag

Hekotat

Vorph, your SweetFX settings are still killing my FPS when outdoors. Going from 59FPS down to 20 something.

DrLifetilt_sl

shitlord
Ya, he is. How other companions react when you swap is funny as well
wink.png

Although

Shame he picked the wrong side! RIP Danse! Loyal to the end to the BoS, even if his leader was a dickbag
You can save his ass if you go through the BoS questline up to a point

Anyway, i didn't have many expectations for the main story, but boy does it take a flaming nosedive at the end of the game. Simply put, there is no "goody two shoes" or "how i want it to be" ending and i wanted one of those to be there.

Cybsled

I suspect if they didn't have further DLC plans for the story, you may have had more flexible options. Restricting your options makes it easier for them to craft DLC continuations of it, since you don't have to account for as many variables.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Only way that I know of. I don't create a synth concentration camp though; I send them to a different settlement but then follow them out of town without a companion (or with Strong if he's nearby) and murder them.
If you have the perception talent to see resistances in VATS Synths have more electrical resistance

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
It's kind of a mix of the two presets now.
Overall lighting is much better now, but something about the flashlight/pipboy seems off. It lights the surrounding area to only become close to pitch black outside of it. Using light/vanilla settings on dark nights like you mentioned.

No gradual decline of light, but more of a on/off type of situation.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Vorph, your SweetFX settings are still killing my FPS when outdoors. Going from 59FPS down to 20 something.
You're sure it's SweetFX? Like if you hit scroll lock or whatever key you use to toggle it off, it immediately goes back up to 60?

If you have the perception talent to see resistances in VATS Synths have more electrical resistance
That rumor got started because Green Rag Hat has 10 energy resist as an Item Effect instead of as a normal armor stat. No idea why, there's no reason to do it that way. Regardless, it's not immediately obvious that the character has 10 ER because of that and some dude just happened to find a synth wearing that item and was fooled by it, and it snowballed on reddit from there.

There's no way to use VATS/Awareness to find synth spies in your settlements.

Overall lighting is much better now, but something about the flashlight/pipboy seems off. It lights the surrounding area to only become close to pitch black outside of it. Using light/vanilla settings on dark nights like you mentioned.

No gradual decline of light, but more of a on/off type of situation.
Hrm, I'd have to see a screenshot.

My pip-boy at night:
Screenshot 2015-11-28 10.58.20.png

Hekotat

You're sure it's SweetFX? Like if you hit scroll lock or whatever key you use to toggle it off, it immediately goes back up to 60?
Yes, When I turn it off it goes immediately back up. What can I tweak on SweetFX to help this out?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
The hardest decision I've had to make so far regarding Fallout 4:

Do I hit up Craigslist and trade this for Star Wars: Battlefront now? Or wait until March to trade it for The Division? I'm thinking Star Wars is more likely to hold its value over time.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I thought pistoleer was hard, fuckin melee...god damn lol
I'm doing melee and explosives. Getting the grenade throw path and throwing grenades 75 yards into a window is a great way to start. Can sell a lot of the ammo since you just beat everyone left alive to death.
biggrin.png

Hekotat

Nevermind Vorph, I figured it out. I changed the SMAA setting from 9 to 8 and it seemed to do the trick.

Cybsled

The hardest decision I've had to make so far regarding Fallout 4:

Do I hit up Craigslist and trade this for Star Wars: Battlefront now? Or wait until March to trade it for The Division? I'm thinking Star Wars is more likely to hold its value over time.
Game value is determined by how much gets sold, how popular it is, and the genre.

Fallout will probably retain some value since RPGs tend to hold value fairly well and there are still unreleased DLC.