Fallout 4

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Speaking of power suits, am I doing something wrong? If I kill someone in a power suit, it lets me loot the armor from their body, but I can't actually equip it (including in a power armor rack) since the "frame" is still on them. Are those pieces just for swapping in and out with the full "frames" I actually do find across the map, or am I supposed to be able to utilize them somehow?

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Scrap/sell. If they are actually good peices, ya, can be applied to suits youve found with frames. As an example, raider II stuff is better than t-45 ish. But T-51 generally better than raider II. (They kinda trade off ballistic vs energy protection)

Often times can use to fill in the missing spot on a suit till later on and you have more than you know what to do with. With my luck, still only complete t-45 and for my T-51 I have 3 other near complete suits and spare parts, but yet no right leg I have 0 of unless I pilfer the complete t-45.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What you're talking about is one of the random weather systems. The setfog command shouldn't have any effect on that. It controls the fog that appears at the edge of your view distance, and it's there to help obscure the nasty "pea soup" effect that Gamebryo has when you are looking at a grid that's using super-low level of detail. Even with Faraway Area Reform mod it's still pretty ugly to look at.

If we could turn up uGridstoLoad without it causing instability and potentially messing up quest triggers I could see turning off the fog, but that's not something you want to mess with. If you turned it up to 7+ in Skyrim you needed to use a savegame cleaner if you started having problems and needed to dial it back down to 5. No such tool exists for FO4 yet so you're just fucked if anything goes wrong.

Anyway, if you want to see what setfog looks like outdoors, just type setfog 1 0 into the console and then setfog 0 0 to turn it back on. The effect doesn't happen until you close the console but it's still pretty easy to toggle it on and off quickly enough to see what it does.
I set my gridstoload to 7 in FO4 and never looked back. I think it increased my load times but I'm not sure.

Cybsled

Also anyway to easily relocate all my power suits other than one by one entering and quick traveling back and forth? That's one of biggest faggy things about needing local leader just to make power armor racks.
You can command a companion to enter a power suit, so usually I have them jump in one as well so I can move 2 suits at a time.

You also don't need multiple power armor racks technically, except for asthetics. If you hold down E while in a suit, you'll pop out of it and if you command a companion to leave one, they will pop out too. Just be warned, some companions (like Piper) don't equip the helmet, so you need to make sure to get to back to them and apply it to the frame they were in.

Cybsled

Interesting video. Specifically, who is flagged as essential in terms of companions. I wonder if that means the DLC may only deal with those guys and the others won't be since they are technically optional based on this? Piper and Cogsworth videos are sad
frown.png

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have two sets. One X-01 Mk. VI with Piezo torso for myself, modded for radiation since that's the only time I ever use it, and another full X-01 Mk. VI modded for str/carry weight for companions.

Sulrn

Deuces
I made a chessboard at the drive in. I had to console command create some pieces, but I had Minutemen Grey vs Hotrod Red (the only paint mag I found).

Jozu

I have two sets. One X-01 Mk. VI with Piezo torso for myself, modded for radiation since that's the only time I ever use it, and another full X-01 Mk. VI modded for str/carry weight for companions.
Piezo torso is awesome. Is Polymer lab the only place you get that?

khorum

Murder Apologist
Well I made a suit with str/calibrated legs suit for Cait to help mule loot around but I haven't actually tested whether +str or deep pockets/calibrated mods buff her carrying capacity at all. Anyone know if it does? It seems like it should.

Caliane

Well I made a suit with str/calibrated legs suit for Cait to help mule loot around but I haven't actually tested whether +str or deep pockets/calibrated mods buff her carrying capacity at all. Anyone know if it does? It seems like it should.
According to google, and wiki it does.
Fallout 4 companions - The Fallout wiki - Fallout 4 and more - Wikia

I didn't notice much of a difference when I tried it myself a few times. You can bypass their carry weight be talking to them, and then commanding them to pick things up.

Sulrn

Deuces
That didn't work for me. If I reached limit on carry weight they wouldn't have any issues with saying "no can do", "I can't do that", "not happening". That was on PC obviously.

Clarifying - I'm talking about using the command to pick up or loot items.

Vorph

Yes, it's +10 weight per ST, +10 from Deep Pockets, and +50 from Calibrated Shocks.

Open console, click on companion, type "getav CarryWeight" if you want to see the effect. Piper has a capacity of 320 for me, and that's without power armor, just a bunch of "Fortifying" legendaries with deep pockets. Strangely, the +EN effect on that gear does nothing for her HP. In fact, as far as I can tell, ST is the *only* stat which has any effect whatsoever for companions. Forcing them to pick up stuff over limit does work on PC, it's press A once to open dialogue, then press A again while looking at the item. I assume it's "E" for people who have not yet accepted gamepad superiority in FO4.

[I don't use power armor on her because it still has major pathing issues when companions wear it.]

Caliane

That didn't work for me. If I reached limit on carry weight they wouldn't have any issues with saying "no can do", "I can't do that", "not happening". That was on PC obviously.
that message is a pathing issue. Make sure you aren't blocking their path to the item. And to be clear, the item needs to be on the ground, or in a container. not your inventory.

you can, place items in a container, then tell them to inspect it repeatedly. this might help from accidentally loosing track of an item. like if you have 10 guns you want to trade, and drop them on the ground at once. they will fly all over a bit, and might get lost. or, in small rooms, it might be hard to target something you want them to grab, without blocking the path.
when grabbing out of a container, they will pick it out, one at a time, randomly. If underweight, they will grab everything. its only overweight they do it one at a time.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Well, I've decided to trade this to a buddy. I'm giving him FO4 & Shadow Warrior. He's giving me MGSV & Shadow of Mordor. I'll probably just trade in Mordor the next time BestBuy has a promo.

I enjoyed my playthrough, but this just isn't screaming 'play me again in a different way' as much as I was hoping it would. Gonna download New Vegas on PC, because based on what I've read that game is closer to what I'm looking for.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I didn't bother with the power armor aside from the very first story element. Felt a bit cheese mode.

Cybsled

I had a full suit of EMP shielded MKIV X-01 Power Armor /w jump jets and pretty much tanked the entire BoS army ;p It was actually pretty badass lol.

Companions do get buggy pathing wise in the suits, but I make them wear it if I know I will jump off some high ledge, otherwise they get that buggy broken-leg pose and they just sit there and you can't stimpack them