Fallout 4

Cybsled

Nah. I've had Piper do some badass kung-fu stuff before.

Carla is an Institute informant, but I don't think she is an actual Synth

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I thought it was funny when I went through the Glowing Sea nice and safe in my hazmat suit while Piper just had to deal with it.

Mark VI X-01 Power Armor is just too strong. Even on survival it completely trivializes anything. I've much preferred normal armors and creativity with mines, nades, chems, etc.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
Well I thought I was going to side with the Brotherhood till the end...

Then I saw my quarters at the Institute with a functioning toilet and actual TP.

Sorry BoS but the Institute wants you dead, bye.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I can't wrap my head around my son being older than me so I'm going to wipe out the institute because its confusing my 2int character

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Also, institute is able to use crazy cyborg technology to keep Kellogg alive for 108 years and in top form. But can't cure Father's cancer.

With Nick Valentine, we know the Institute is able to imprint scans of live human brains into a synth and have them take effect. I was SHOCKED that Father didn't just do this to himself. No drawback and he gets to carry on his holy work.

Sulrn

Deuces
Also, institute is able to use crazy cyborg technology to keep Kellogg alive for 108 years and in top form. But can't cure Father's cancer.

With Nick Valentine, we know the Institute is able to imprint scans of live human brains into a synth and have them take effect. I was SHOCKED that Father didn't just do this to himself. No drawback and he gets to carry on his holy work.
After watching a SOMA run through a month or so before FO4 release, I think that it simply comes down to quality and importance of the writing team and a realistic assessment of how far they wanted to take the story. There are parade fields worth of room to expand on several themes in the story, but I guess they didn't want to bog you down with depth and keep you from the rest of the game?

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They actually discussed that in detail in the game, both in conversations and in background text on the terminals. It was determined to be a dead end technology and Kellogg was a prototype. Plus the ability to put in cybernetic prosthetics does not mean you suddenly know how to cure cancer, either. My guess, from in game snooping, is that the long term plan was going to be institute scientists transferring themselves into synth bodies, hence replacing existing people systematically for experimentation.

Cybsled

Ya, if you poke around you find various things

Father/Shawn didn't believe in the Man+Tech merger (cyborgs). He did feel the two should remain separate if you read his terminal, although he did acknowledge that scientists liked the idea of an extended life span, although he felt that it wasn't a good idea. I think this plays a lot into the fact that he accepts death. I'm sure the means may exist, but he also felt strongly about the idea of replacing who he was with something else. This may also explain why Nick got dumped (mind/memory transference) and why the Memory Den is able to keep those nice toys around without too much fuss, although it is worth noting this tech must have existed pre-War since the human Nick Valentine had underwent the mind/brain scan + copy.

I think he was keen on the idea of Synths eventually populating the Earth. That may seem to run counter to what the Institute was doing (keeping them as slaves/property), but it is also worth noting that the Gen 3s were fairly new and it is logical to assume they would have continued to have developed them to the point where they could be fully considered "alive" in their eyes.

I am guessing any future DLC will deal heavily with Synths still, regardless as to what ending you picked

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They actually discussed that in detail in the game, both in conversations and in background text on the terminals. It was determined to be a dead end technology and Kellogg was a prototype. Plus the ability to put in cybernetic prosthetics does not mean you suddenly know how to cure cancer, either. My guess, from in game snooping, is that the long term plan was going to be institute scientists transferring themselves into synth bodies, hence replacing existing people systematically for experimentation.
Yep
no doubt he wanted to pass naturally if there wasn't a cure. From the multiple terminal entries he made it clear he was about being a natural human. He thought Kellogg was a straight up abomination for his synth parts and enhanced life.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Regarding Virgil:

Debating if I should leave him alive and give him the serum, or just charisma check that fucker, kill him & take his weapon? Was debating on the possibility of leaving him alive and maybe that story carries on in a DLC with the whole "save Super Mutants" theme. Then again I can't see them doing anything too important around him that would alienate the players that chose to kill him. I know if you wipe the Institute though he hates you. Ungrateful shitlord.

Sulrn

Deuces
I would have appreciated simply having the option to decide (or rather follow through with my intent).

The way the story quest progression works out seems like you end up with 3/4 chance to end up with the same result with no middle ground when factored in with faction progression.

---

Have they suggested what DLCs there are going to be yet?

khorum

Murder Apologist
Well they're prolly still busy counting their money. The game made$750 million in the first 24 hoursand has already surpassed Skyrim's sales.

They should just do what the cartels do and just count the money by WEIGHING it so we can get our DLC's faster.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Regarding Virgil:

Debating if I should leave him alive and give him the serum, or just charisma check that fucker, kill him & take his weapon? Was debating on the possibility of leaving him alive and maybe that story carries on in a DLC with the whole "save Super Mutants" theme. Then again I can't see them doing anything too important around him that would alienate the players that chose to kill him. I know if you wipe the Institute though he hates you. Ungrateful shitlord.
I thought he was a good character to keep around so I helped him.

Cybsled

Well, he is working on a cure for the FEV virus. Kind of curious that the Nazihood of Steel wants him dead, since they want to exterminate all non-pure races in the Wastelands and a way to undo the FEV virus would essentially get rid of super mutants and turn them back into humans.

Just side with the Institute. They're elitist assholes, but they're at least working on stuff that will eventually heal the planet, like super fruits that can soak up radiation.

Sulrn

Deuces
BoS wants to save the world through force, not science, since science ruined the world. Ignore the scientists maintaining or upgrading their arms, armor, meds, and war machines though - they obviously aren't real scientists...