Fallout 4

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Bah I just put a new SSD into my computer and thought I had cloud save enabled. Turns out nope. I may just re-start this time as a properly built sneak sniper. The melee was getting a touch old.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Get dropbox or box and just symlink/junction your /users/*/my games folder and all your games would be cloud saved.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Do legendary effects stack? Anyone have any idea?

edit: seems like they are stackable

Sulrn

Deuces
If you're talking about character bonuses(stats, resists, sneak, regen, etc.), I'm pretty sure they do based off Vorph's work with AP regen, Pip Boy reflecting stats gain, and the overall design with Unique Armor sets hinting at having multiple pieces with different but overlapping dmg resists. (Synth + Laser resist etc).

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Not sure about Chameleon, couldn't really find much about it. Had two 10%+ movement speed pieces, and that definitely was working. Not a lot of clarity anywhere on the subject.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
My guy runs around in a red dress and a fedora so I don't get to play with any of the unique armors, lol. I've had to turn him in to a junkie for the past couple hours of playtime though because otherwise he just gets wrecked if there are 3-5 guys shooting at him.

Cybsled

Ah, I was wondering about that. I chose the Institute ending, but I had heard of people mentioning a quest like that.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Legemdary effects stack. I tested runspeed and vorph tested powered. I rewd chameleon stacks too.

Caliane

shit. reddit thread about the memory den, and a few of us brought up the fact, female SS is a lawyer.

how the hell are there no Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer jokes?

There is a speech the Male SS gives at the fraturnity house. There should totally be a speech for her at a courthouse, if not an actual trial in game..

Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury... I'm just a vaultdweller.. I was stuck in a cryopod.. later got thawed out by some of your scientists. Your world frightens and confuses me...

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
So I've been playing on all low settings and no view distance since release and thought everything was fine but decided this game proved I needed to upgrade my graphics card. One HD6870 to R9 380 swap later and Ultra graphics just change everything about the game, especially playing a sniper build. Hopefully the 380 will last me more than 3 years like the 6870 did.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I can't even imagine playing on low settings. Even on ultra game looks like shit. Typical ugly character models/customization. From the start the story-line is forced. Voice acting bad and/or annoying. Vague ass dialog choices that already don't seem to matter at all. Power Armor so early?! Getting stuck on jaggies or falling through shit more than ever. Fucking dog that won't stay out of my line of sight. Invisible zone walls. Not a fan so far of the progression tree, or lack of one, where you can add as much to your SPECIAL as you want as I already see the overpowered coming. Same ol' terrible difficulty scaling instead of cool shit like thirst or cold exposure they could have learned from NV or Skyrim mods?

In short, typical lazy Bethesda effort. Get that annoying 'what could have been' feeling when I play. Bethesda is basically just making base engines and developer tools at this point which is why I'll probably get burned out before I come close to finishing and come back in a year or so when the mod community has fixed the game. The CGI trailers looked so good I almost think they should just make a CGI movie with the main story and release the engine, base art and dev tools for the community next time instead of a 'game'.

That said, I still couldn't help buying it, of course. And I'm enjoying running around shooting the heads off raiders; mostly on my Nvidia Shield Portable while my girlfriend watches shitty tv or family is over visiting, so pretty low bar required for me to be entertained.

HUH_sl

shitlord
For better or worse consoles have crippled game development on PC enough so you really don't need to upgrade more than once per console generation to keep up. As long as you're okay with not always playing at maxed settings on a 4k screen a 250 dollar video card will give you better performance than consoles for 95% of the games that come out in the next 10 years.

Taloo_sl

shitlord
So, I've got an old ass video card(6800HD). I'm starting a new job next week(motherfuckers better have my paperwork done next week anyway) and I'm trying to hold off on upgrading until I get a couple paychecks. Just because you know?

From the look of things there are some graphical mods I can use to both improve performance and enhance the visuals in ways that have no negative impact on performance. If anyone wants to write me up a primer a retard could understand I'd be appreciative. It's entirely playable but I get the occasional slowdown, especially in dense urban areas with a lot of dynamic lighting. I'd enjoy it a hell of a lot more if I could tone down the frame drops and clean up the graphics a little.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Here's the post I made a few days ago about what mods I use, and I'll add some comments about lower end hardware alternatives/settings. Too lazy to get links, just search for them at Nexus.

Optimized Vanilla Textures(Low end: Instead try Texture Optimization Project or Wasteland 512. NOTE - These WILL decrease visual quality. Only use if you're already planning to turn down texture settings in the launcher, or you'd rather turn up other options and deal with lower quality textures. See screenshots/videos on the mod pages for exactly how much it changes. Wasteland 512 has a link to some suggested ini file changes too. Can't really help you with this since I don't use any of it.)
Vivid Fallout - Landscapes(Low end: Choose the 1k textures, or don't use at all.)
Vivid Fallout - Rocks(Low end: Choose the 1k textures, or don't use at all.)
FAR - Faraway Area Reform(Should be a quality increase with no performance hit.)
FogOut(I use indoor only. If you want outdoors too, pay attention to the next mod's installer.)
Darker Nights(no darker than Medium, because of the next mod below -- I use Light with the anti-cheat thing for sneak at level 4 as well. Vanilla sky. Choose to install compatibility patch for FogOut only if you use outdoor version, not needed for indoor only.)
Fr4nsson's Light Tweaks(Formerly known as Realistic Lights. Shouldn't have a performance hit, might increase fps due to removing some light/shadow sources.)
Ceano's SweetFX - RL(edited to remove SMAA and tone down lumasharpen because they fuck up the game's text horribly, and remove Bloom because bloom is garbage and it has a pretty significant performance hit too. Low end: Definitely do not use Bloom or SMAA. In-game FXAA is what you want. AMD users avoid TAA unless very high end hardware.)
FPS dynamic shadows - Shadow Boost(this mod dynamically adjusts your shadow rendering distance based on current FPS. Low end hardware will need to edit the ini and set desired fps to something more realistic, or just not use it at all since you may never be able to turn shadow draw distance above the minimum.)

And make sure you get theSimple Bug Fixesmod. Nothing to do with visuals, but it fixes a bunch of bugs that Bethesda is being as slow as ever about releasing a patch for. Some will probably never be fixed if previous games are any indication.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I installed simple bug fixes and my headshots have yet to go below 95% chance even if their head is obstructed by cover (yes I have the perk). Macready's perk is only supposed to top out at 20% right? I'm using a tricked out deliverer pistol with a vats accuracy bonus---could that be bugged too?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The mod definitely works, even with 15+ PE I see headshot chances below 95% on all my weapons, including Deliverer. Are you sure the ESP is actually getting loaded? The beta patches disable all mods everytime you open the launcher.

There are a few workarounds:
1. After patching, rename Fallout4Launcher.exe to whatever, then rename Fallout4.exe to Fallout4Launcher.exe. Steam will load directly into the game. Note that you need to rename them back before Steam can patch the game next time there's an update.

2. Have NMM open when you run the game from Steam. Once the launcher is open, tab to NMM, and re-enable all your mods, then tab back and click Play in the launcher.

3. Mark %localappdata%\Fallout4\plugins.txt as read only. NMM doesn't like it when you do this, and it makes installing additional mods a pain in the ass. Not recommended.

I prefer #1.