Fallout 4

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
@ Vorph and whoever else that has been working on a lot of the mods/tweaks/etc, the last update in Regime's first post by Brekk was a few weeks ago. If anyone wants to compile a more up-to-date list I'll put it the 1st post, or in the case of Vorph's last texture/tweak post I'll run with that if that's about the sum of it.
The mods I use are pretty much solely for making the game look better, so you could make a section just for that if you wanted. Someone else can talk about gameplay changes if they want, I know mods like Full Dialogue Interface are popular even if I think that particular mod is game-ruining.

Currently messing with the "True Storms" mod that was just ported over from Skyrim. It was a 'must-have' for Skyrim, so it should turn out well for FO4 too.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
FO4 is awesome. There are some nags like CHA not being important, dialog always having one path, so-so story [better than FO3, worse than NV] and things like that. But the actual combat, world and loot are so far and away better than FO3/NV that it makes it the best iteration of the franchise.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Fucking Piper decided to take Fat Man out of my storage in between missions, then she used it on a hound at point blank range.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ya... I bet FO4+Skyrim are better once the players get at them with mods. But the base game leaves a ton to be desired IMO.
I mean sure, mods will improve it a fuckton beyond measure, but I've actively played it for over 55 hours in one playthrough so far as of a week ago (Just Cause 3 distracting me for the moment since I finished most of the main quest). Even with playing another new game, and having tons of others TO play, I'm already getting the itch to go dive back in to FO4.

It is far from perfect. But I think it's more fun than FO3, insomeways more fun than FO:NV (mostly aside from the main quest writing and depth of meaningful choices therein)

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Really? Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed my time in The Commonwealth, but I feel like people are giving this a free ride just because it's Fallout and people are in love with the setting & theme. This was my first Fallout game, so I really have no biases regarding the franchise. So...

-The open world was incredible. Every nook and cranny had things to explore. Not always interesting things, but certainly often enough to keep me looking. That being said...
-loot was fucking bland as hell. The only thing that ever got me stoked was AP regen gear and decent rifles. Once I figured this out the game felt a lot like 'clear building_24651 for stimpaks and flip lighters and hope you recover the ammo you spent'.
-The companion AI was absolute misery, and they didn't have enough variety in their flavour dialogue.
-many perks & stat calculations were either totally meaningless or broken to hell.
-SPECIAL meant literally nothing after level 20, and had very little impact on playstyle.
-Encounters were very very samey. There are maybe 20 MOB types in the entire game if you don't include their sub varieties. The only fun things to fight were Assaultrons and Sentry Bots. People gave DA:I huge shit for this, but don't seem to care for FO4.
-VERY few memorable moments for me in my playthrough. I can count them on one hand. That being said, when they were great they were great. Ex. Boston Mayoral Shelter, Museum of Witchcraft. I'm 30 minutes into MGS:V and have accumulated more memories than I did in my 70+ hours of FO4.
-Story was pretty boring IMO.
-The graphics.
-Ambiguous and basic dialogue options.
-While my choices felt impactful, they didn't feel very important. The game went out of its way to undermine decisions I had previously made.

Like I said, as an overall package I had a good time and feel I got my moneys worth. Compared to other recent RPGs though? Meh. Witcher 3 embarrasses this game, and the Bloody Baron questline alone justifies that purchase. I hate to say it (because fuck BioWare cucks)... But I had a better time in Dragon Age: Inquisition. Long story short, I won't be buying another Bethesda RPG on day 1. I'll wait for the bargain bin.

7.5/10
I tend to feel the same. If this was any other game other than fallout people would be bitching considerably more.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
From the guy who said :

I completed the main story at level 34.
Well to compete with the ad-nauseam from the "Edgy" crowd, I will say:

Game is a blast. Tons of memorable moments(And I'm only a 3rd of the way through the game). While they could gone deeper into the "RP" elements, I don't mind they didn't, I can play other games for that. And this had enough of it(So much fun in a lot of these side quest), to still be a decent RPG, but was more of a open world adventure game.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Who cares what level I completed the main story at? I had 1 INT and didn't take Idiot Savant because I didn't like the sound when it triggered. I logged a massive number of hours in Fallout 4. The only area of the map I didn't fully clear out by the time I stopped playing (at level 46) was the SW corner. By that point I was too bored to give a shit any more.

Cybsled

Fucking Piper decided to take Fat Man out of my storage in between missions, then she used it on a hound at point blank range.
Heh ya, don't let companions get that weapon. I gave Piper my old fully modded out .50 cal sniper rifle and made her manually equip that and gave her a few hundred rounds of ammo for it. She 1-2 shots stuff with it and doesn't seem to bother with other weapons now.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Piper does way better with rifles than anything else, I noticed. I asked if this was the case before but folks only knew about general things like sneak levels etc. I've given her my next best .44 and a legendary railgun and yet she does waaay more damage with that very first doubleshot combat rifle I found for her. When I switched to Cait and moved that rifle over, can't didn't do anywhere near pipers damage with it either. Cait rocks with a doubleshot assault rifle that I later found and likewise piper didn't do very well with THAT gun.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Dunwich Borers spoiler:
It's so cool.
Dunwich_Borers_Bust.png

I'd love a lovecraftian horror game, so when games reference it I love it.

Here's a description from a post I found on it.

Oh and

yes they should have done more but that power armor raider outside scared me more. Holy fuck that fight between those raiders and I took 15 minutes on survivor

Cabot spoiler:
I'd also love a mod/DLC that has you explore the Cabot ruins they found that mask at.
Glad you brought this up. This was wonderful and a great continuation from the Dunwich building in Fallout 3.

Fun fact the Dunwich building location IRL is close to George Washington's Masonic temple.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Piper does way better with rifles than anything else, I noticed. I asked if this was the case before but folks only knew about general things like sneak levels etc. I've given her my next best .44 and a legendary railgun and yet she does waaay more damage with that very first doubleshot combat rifle I found for her. When I switched to Cait and moved that rifle over, can't didn't do anywhere near pipers damage with it either. Cait rocks with a doubleshot assault rifle that I later found and likewise piper didn't do very well with THAT gun.
Only difference in companion damage with weapons is that some of them have higher ST and do more damage with melee weapons. They should all be identical using a gun and ammo that you give them. I just give them a legendary machete (Powerful) with the sacrificial blade installed in it, because all their companion weapons suck ass and I can't be bothered to provide them with ammo for customized/legendary guns since they piss it away so fast. Could cheat them in 10k rounds, but meh...

Technically a stunning super sledge would be the best weapon for companions, since they don't really get the same benefit from a legendary Kremvh's Tooth that the player does, but I can't really justify the extra 18 weight. And I've never actually seen one for sale anyway (no Blacksmith perk).

Cybsled

For melee I have them use a modded world series slugger
wink.png
Funny as hell when they proc with it and send something flying.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
My last post on the subject matter of graphics etc.;

rrr_img_118715.jpg

Zero excuse. I bet FO3 even had adjustable brightness in game, cant tell though because it doesnt like Windows 10.

ps fo3 had indoor shadows.... on the xbox360....

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Melee is kinda fun but it's a bit depressing. Guns have all these cool looks and pretty unique(cryolator, alien gun, plasma gun etc) and melee are weapons with a blade attached or some barbed wire. The only cool relatively cool one I've seen is the flamethrower sword thing(haven't found it myself yet) but it's pretty crappy. Once you get a super sledge you mod it and pretty much done. I was hoping for some more unique/cool melee weapons. All these crazy energy weapons and I can't get some kind of lazer sword, or magnetic field power fist .

Cybsled

The biggest bonus to melee is the wrestling/fatalities you can execute when using them. Makes up a bit for the lack of variety/wow factor for the weapons themselves.