Fallout 4

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cybsled

I did the good guy route and even got Piper to buy into me running the Institute as a power for good. Really made the most sense. Minutemen or Railroad: Jackshit changes, everyone still lives in trash. BoS: Nothing changes because BoS does their own BoS thing and hates the plebs. Institute: I run it, can leverage changes for good of Commonwealth and actually improve shit 200+ years after the war.

Of course, they'll probably be pussies and do the "lol Minute Men won!!!" ending for FO5 continuity.

Brad2770

I wish they would return to the birds eye view type fallout games, but rendered instead of pixels. I liked Fallout 2 more than the first. Never played 3 or NV.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I guess my two biggest complaints about FO4 so far are that it feels weird as fuck to be tooling around in power armor almost non-stop from the very beginning of the game, and the building interface is just fucking terrible.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Yeah that is why I completely skipped building pretty much.

I only did weapons and armor trade skills.

Brad2770

I liked the building when I ran mods on my second and third run through. My fourth, I went in without mods, but some of the things I learned while building with mods, made the vanilla settlement builder more fun.

I still enjoy it. It was fun to do when I didn’t feel like running repeatable missions.

Cybsled

Building interface wasn't too bad if you were used to DayZ: Epoch /w auto-snap mod enabled, since they were both virtually identical in how they worked. I got a lot of use out of it, can find some imgur links from me earlier in this thread of massive settlements/spaceships I made.

Fadaar

That guy
Little tip, if you toggle god mode you get unlimited building resources. It's cheesy but makes building large projects a lot more tolerable.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
After pondering it some more, I guess my biggest problem with the setting not feeling right is that it just isn't New Vegas. I really think Obsdian created a better atmosphere than both Bethesda and Interplay with New Vegas.

I think the way Bethesda portrays the Brotherhood in 3 and 4 puts me off a lot, especially 4. The Citadel was dumb enough compared to how relatively tame the original Lost Hills HQ was, but the fucking Prydwen with dozens of supporting vertibirds and a limitless supply of T-60 suits is just completely retarded.

Brad2770

After pondering it some more, I guess my biggest problem with the setting not feeling right is that it just isn't New Vegas. I really think Obsdian created a better atmosphere than both Bethesda and Interplay with New Vegas.

I think the way Bethesda portrays the Brotherhood in 3 and 4 puts me off a lot, especially 4. The Citadel was dumb enough compared to how relatively tame the original Lost Hills HQ was, but the fucking Prydwen with dozens of supporting vertibirds and a limitless supply of T-60 suits is just completely retarded.

The Brotherhood now has the means to produce vertibirds and T-60

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The Brotherhood now has the means to produce vertibirds and T-60

Maybe I'm going a little overboard on the post-apocalyptic part, but that seems dumb and contrary to the setting. T- Isolated/semi-isolated cabals with hyper-advanced technology like Big MT or the Institute, sure. Mass production on a scale to soak up the losses the Brotherhood eats just from aggressively patrolling the Commonwealth? Seems dumb.

I haven't actually snuck into the Institute yet though, so maybe what I see in there will seem dumb too. Could really just be my preference for the NV setting distorting my impression. Or maybe that's just the point of the setting, is that different areas of the country have rebuilt in radically different ways.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Or maybe that's just the point of the setting, is that different areas of the country have rebuilt in radically different ways.

I think that's pretty much the case, but even if its not, its a good way to justify it without letting it get you angry lol

Cybsled

Maybe I'm going a little overboard on the post-apocalyptic part, but that seems dumb and contrary to the setting. T- Isolated/semi-isolated cabals with hyper-advanced technology like Big MT or the Institute, sure. Mass production on a scale to soak up the losses the Brotherhood eats just from aggressively patrolling the Commonwealth? Seems dumb.

I haven't actually snuck into the Institute yet though, so maybe what I see in there will seem dumb too. Could really just be my preference for the NV setting distorting my impression. Or maybe that's just the point of the setting, is that different areas of the country have rebuilt in radically different ways.

Institute is progress, which is why shit there looks like it is from the 70s/80s instead of the 50s ;p

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just finished the gauntlet in Nuka-World and I kind of want to just shoot Gage in the face right now. Kinda ridiculous that an entire DLC pack is based around being a bad guy. The NV DLC blows this shit away and the FO3 DLC was better too, even if part of it was paying for a not retarded ending.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user