Fallout 4

Mr_Bungle

Interstellar Botanist
<Gold Donor>
Just finished the gauntlet in Nuka-World and I kind of want to just shoot Gage in the face right now. Kinda ridiculous that an entire DLC pack is based around being a bad guy. The NV DLC blows this shit away and the FO3 DLC was better too, even if part of it was paying for a not retarded ending.

All of this NV talk is making want to re install and attempt installing the mods you spoke of before. I played about 60 hours of FO4 before feeling burnt out on the quests and perk tree(s).

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
So, anyone still playing this? How is it now that modders have had some good time to get some good stuff out? If I were to reinstall it and mod up, what mods are recommended?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
It’s a pain in the ass because Bethesda monetized mods. I refuse to pay those fuckers a cent. So make sure to check nexus but then there are instructions to follow to actually figure out how to hack them in.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
So, anyone still playing this? How is it now that modders have had some good time to get some good stuff out? If I were to reinstall it and mod up, what mods are recommended?
Console up an explosive minigun and go waste some folks, it's relaxing.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
It’s a pain in the ass because Bethesda monetized mods. I refuse to pay those fuckers a cent. So make sure to check nexus but then there are instructions to follow to actually figure out how to hack them in.

Wait.. so is it a pain to use Nexus now? I was going to mod up via them anyway, if only the esentials such as non-official patches and some more. If I have to jump through hoops just to get that shit working then I will probably stay away.

Console up an explosive minigun and go waste some folks, it's relaxing.

Lol that's actually a new idea... if I do play :D

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Wait.. so is it a pain to use Nexus now? I was going to mod up via them anyway, if only the esentials such as non-official patches and some more. If I have to jump through hoops just to get that shit working then I will probably stay away.

Yep Bethesda is forcing everyone to Creation, which is their paid for service in which mods are made and the mod creator gets about 3 cents on the dollar and Bethesda takes the rest in their new mod money making scheme. About as bad as trying to monetize private servers and not allowing players to host their own and charging a subscription in Fallout 76. This company can suck it. Straight on.

There are ways around it in Fallout 76 to hack their system, but it's a pain in the ass and not worth it.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't think anything has actually changed if you just want to use NMM exclusively. At least not for FO4 or the other games that came out before Bethesda realized full retard was just the beginning and they could actually go several levels beyond that.

• 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I don't think anything has actually changed if you just want to use NMM exclusively. At least not for FO4 or the other games that came out before Bethesda realized full retard was just the beginning and they could actually go several levels beyond that.

It really is impressive how far off the deep end they went.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Yep Bethesda is forcing everyone to Creation, which is their paid for service in which mods are made and the mod creator gets about 3 cents on the dollar and Bethesda takes the rest in their new mod money making scheme. About as bad as trying to monetize private servers and not allowing players to host their own and charging a subscription in Fallout 76. This company can suck it. Straight on.

There are ways around it in Fallout 76 to hack their system, but it's a pain in the ass and not worth it.

This doesn't seem any more complicated than getting mods to work for their games has always been. Editing a couple ini files is no issue at all, especially when it comes to modding.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You've always needed to make those ini file changes, but the popular mod managers do it for you.

Caliane

i hear what you guys are saying... but every time I get the itch to go back in an give FO4 or skyrim another run.. I remember what a PITA it will be to go through Nexus, check all my mods are up to date and still working. see which are broke and why. Never mind adding any new ones.

The whole system is fucked, and bullshit.

• 1Like

Rime

<Donor>
i hear what you guys are saying... but every time I get the itch to go back in an give FO4 or skyrim another run.. I remember what a PITA it will be to go through Nexus, check all my mods are up to date and still working. see which are broke and why. Never mind adding any new ones.

The whole system is fucked, and bullshit.

Steam and/or various robust Mod Managers are really a 'game changer' as far as getting modding communities spread to the populous.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
if you've modded skyrim or fallout before, it isn't any different now. i'm not sure what anyone is complaining about, outside of bethesda being bad at... well, everything now... but going through nexus is the same as it always was

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
My main problem with my last few Skyrim "runs" has always been spending 2-3 days seting up a good mod setup, launching and re-launching the game to see if it all works, then when all is finally ready I go do the first Barrow quest, get bored and quit lol. Well, we'll see, I might load this up and play with a minimum of mods to see how it is now.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

matsb84

Silver Knight of the Realm
Ive followed this guide a number of times on replays;

Was updated more regularly earlier in the year, but its really good. Includes a number of packaged graphical changes/gameplay changes, and its stable. Good walk through (def read before beginning), good load order notes. You can add mods you want, but they should installed and placed with other like mods in the load order. Game runs smoother/looks a hell of lot better than when I would do mods piecemeal.

For those of you with RTX/Turing cards - disable weapon debris, otherwise the game will crash.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
My main problem with my last few Skyrim "runs" has always been spending 2-3 days seting up a good mod setup, launching and re-launching the game to see if it all works, then when all is finally ready I go do the first Barrow quest, get bored and quit lol. Well, we'll see, I might load this up and play with a minimum of mods to see how it is now.

It's a pretty common problem. I know I've spent as much time figuring out mods as I have actually playing Skyrim. This isn't a Bethesda problem though as some might be suggesting. I'm sure going forward we'll see them fuck everyone over by pushing things to the creation club, but we're not quite there yet. (FO76 maybe? But who gives a fuck about that)

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
IMG_3879.JPG

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I'm actually surprised people haven't found a way of "bundling" a bunch of common mods into one super mod that you just download, install, and go, everything setup for you.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
they do that with certain mods, like weapons and such. but the problem is that a lot of the visual mods are completely subjective.

gak

<Gold Donor>
Coronachan let me catch up on my stack of backlogged games, this is the last one and I'm enjoying it. Their graphics upgrade patch looks good too.

Didn't know what to do with a hundred prox mines in the bank until vault 81 told me to brave dozens of diseased mole rats and not get bit.

Voila- mined the fuck out of each pile of dirt I passed and re-mined them when they triggered = showered by mole rat goo but no disease thank christ.

s.jpg