Fallout 4

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Without a story, fuck that mess. They already have Fortnite, PubG, etc etc etc etc. I don't need a Fallout skinned Battle Royal.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Just imagine, you are spawned in a Nuclear wasteland random location, say a map the size of fall out new Vegas.

You start with a baseline melee weapon and a couple survivable items such as maybe a health pack and a random potion to buff your run speed, agi, STR or whatever.

There are say, 49 other players on that same map, every player starts in a random location at least 4km in game map size from another player on spawn.

Clock starts on a 30 min match. There are consumables, ammo, health restoration items and other random crafting based items scattered throughout the map randomly. You can then choose to go to a NPC mob spawn and risk killing them to get some loot they are guarding or you could just look for mats to build a defensive outpost.

Or you could run and gun and try to surprise another player by rushing his position and compromising his set up and now take over his items and fortifications via risk taking.

Or you can camp at the edge of the map like a pussy while losing out on valuable resources and items available at different map hot spots.

Either last man or team standing wins, can use radiation haze to shrink the map, can use random NPC rare mob spawns to fuck shit up and throw a wrench into a hot spot, which drops legendary weapons or armor.

That would be FUCKING AMAZING.

Edit: I mean think about it, they could even take it to the next level and allow the player to choose a faction, say Brotherhood of Steel which spawns you at a certain location that has specific benefits and has special ability/weapon unlocks based on the faction you picked. Like SuperMutants start near a swamp that has a ton of a special plant resource that allows buff potions to be made and have access to certain abilities like radiation resist, super STR etc, whereas a human minuteman starting character has access to a settlement that can heal them and they get an ability to track targets on the map for a limited time or something. The possibilities are endless.

you just described fortnite battle royal. if i wanted to play that, i would. i want fallout to be fallout.

• 2Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
I can only hope they go back to the more indepth New Vegas style speech options in this one. FO4 was ass for that.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm talking about an online aspect of the game. Why couldn't they have a solid single player experience with just now they add an online aspect to the game?

I know it sounds crazy, but doesn't Fallout type games start to feel more and more dull the longer you realize you are totally by yourself with a game world filled with (mostly) subpar AI.

What if you could still get that single player 40ish hours experience and then log online to either team up with friends to fight powerful mobs, or have team based battles like I mentioned before.

This isn't something outlandish, its been done before with other franchises.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

goishen

Macho Ma'am
I'm still staking my claim that this is gonna be a ME3MP/SoD2 coop experience.

Here are the reasons why :

1. ME3MP showed industry veterans a lot. It showed them MTX (which we won't get into here) could work, buit it also showed them how long they could keep eyeballs glued to the screen. I, myself, have over 1,300 hours logged into that one game... And I'm speaking conservatively there.

2. FO4 was good, but you'd get kind'a bored once you leveled up and were walking around in the most powerful armor. I played about half of Far Harbor then quit. Not really for any reason, just because it became too "meh".

3. I still can remember the one tweet (maybe?) from Bethesda about maybe 10, 12 years ago, saying "Q: Will you ever make a multiplayer game? A: No, now stop asking!" Of course, they bowed to the pressure of people for ESO.

4. ME3 had a somewhat controversial story, but it still had a story that you could play SP full on. Just like SoD2 has a story that you can play SP. Better with friends, but if you wanna play it SP? More power to ya.

I think that Bethesda is going for MP, it's just seeing that MMO'ish style games aren't the way to go. Pink elephants (or freaks of nature) in the room can be all the WoW they wanna be.

*shrug* That's my take on the entire online situation.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Crucial to remember Bethesda is now in the habit (Or should I say Zenimax) of buying defunct game companies who have mostly completed projects, stamping whatever popular IP they have in the mix on it, possibly a few reskins, and shipping it out the door to cash in on a new model of business. Reason why this is dangerous is they will dilute their IP with unknown/poor workmanship to make a quick buck, loss lead low buyouts of dev houses in which they think they can get away with it, and saturate the market with a bunch of mediocre garbage. It's also going to hurt their brand - they should have been doing this all under a new brand not named Bethesda - something like "Zenimax Works Studios" because now everyone is going to think Bethesda themselves are involved and slowly but surely will wipe their value from the map (They started down on this course before, but this style of business accelerates it)

In the end the people who suffer are the good folks left in Maryland responsible for making the solid games they produce (Mainline ES and FO) and the consumers who get suckered into purchasing IP baited manure.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm talking about an online aspect of the game. Why couldn't they have a solid single player experience with just now they add an online aspect to the game?

I know it sounds crazy, but doesn't Fallout type games start to feel more and more dull the longer you realize you are totally by yourself with a game world filled with (mostly) subpar AI.

What if you could still get that single player 40ish hours experience and then log online to either team up with friends to fight powerful mobs, or have team based battles like I mentioned before.

This isn't something outlandish, its been done before with other franchises.

the problem here is resources. at the moment bethesda has a hard enough time making an enjoyable, cohesive, engaging single player game. you now want them to take their ability to deliver that sub-par experience and have them also deliver a sub-par multiplayer experience?

again, if i want to play a battle royale game, i'll play fortnite. if i want to play fallout, i'll play that.

think about it this way... i love wendy's. but if i'm in the mood for cheap tacos, i don't want wendy's to start making them again. i'll just go to taco bell.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'm still staking my claim that this is gonna be a ME3MP/SoD2 coop experience.

Here are the reasons why :

1. ME3MP showed industry veterans a lot. It showed them MTX (which we won't get into here) could work, buit it also showed them how long they could keep eyeballs glued to the screen. I, myself, have over 1,300 hours logged into that one game... And I'm speaking conservatively there.

2. FO4 was good, but you'd get kind'a bored once you leveled up and were walking around in the most powerful armor. I played about half of Far Harbor then quit. Not really for any reason, just because it became too "meh".

3. I still can remember the one tweet (maybe?) from Bethesda about maybe 10, 12 years ago, saying "Q: Will you ever make a multiplayer game? A: No, now stop asking!" Of course, they bowed to the pressure of people for ESO.

4. ME3 had a somewhat controversial story, but it still had a story that you could play SP full on. Just like SoD2 has a story that you can play SP. Better with friends, but if you wanna play it SP? More power to ya.

I think that Bethesda is going for MP, it's just seeing that MMO'ish style games aren't the way to go. Pink elephants (or freaks of nature) in the room can be all the WoW they wanna be.

*shrug* That's my take on the entire online situation.

ME3MP being as good was it was was completely out of fucking left field. I probably played 1000 hours of that shit too. I didn't even finish the single player story! rofl.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea I guess your right. I love the Fallout series, I'll take whatever they provide, I just always wondered what playing with other people in that universe would be like.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Realize I'm super late but I just picked this up with the 50% sale on goty.

Leaving aside Bethesda's faggotry with mods, sometimes the game feels super fallouty, and other times it feels like im playing Borderlands.

• 1Like

Brad2770

If you haven’t tried Survival mode, you should do so. It’s gut wrenching at times, especially lower levels, but once you get to about level 35-40, it’s a lot of fun. The settlement building is a lot more difficult (and rewarding) as well.

I have been listening to the soundtrack lately. I have an unmodded survival character around level 160 and I think I’m going to fire it back up again.

Also, look into conpleting the game with all three “good” factions. It’s the best ending by far.

My biggest complaint is all the bugs and they never patched them.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Realize I'm super late but I just picked this up with the 50% sale on goty.

Leaving aside Bethesda's faggotry with mods, sometimes the game feels super fallouty, and other times it feels like im playing Borderlands.

On PC? Look into the Sim Settlements mod. Even on a first playthough it substantially changes that aspect of the game which is fairly pointless in the original.

DansGaming is doing a run now of Horizons (mod that makes the survival difficulty much better) and Sim Settlements.

Brad2770

wat? Railroad+minutemen+who?

Brotherhood. I put “good” in quotations because the railroad and brotherhood are both questionable in a sense. As annoying as Preston is, the Minutemen are the only good faction with him as an advisor.

You can beat the game with the minutemen, but still keep the railroad clothing armor and the transport via Vertibird. Both are definitely needed in survival.

• 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I platinumed FO4, the biggest problem i have with it is that they forgot who the main character of their story is and it’s not the player;

It’s the world.

Their world is the main character, the PC is just the vehicle by which you interact with that character. You should be a blank slate, easily as much Joe the mechanic, Jane the Psycho, Ralph the Jerk, or Sarah the paragon of heroics.

By revolving the game world around the PC you not only predecide who that character is but how they will interact with the world (not completely, but there is a definite narrowing of options) . Leaving the character as a virtual blank slate like in 3 and NV with only the most basic of story elements tied directly to the main character is the better way to go.

In 3 and NV you can decide whether or not to care about your Father/Courier Job. It is incidental how the PC feels about them as the player decides that not the story.

Fallout 4 almost makes no sense because of the amount of time I spent hunting down pencils, duct tape, and other misc. materials in order to build my base at the drive in as opposed to searching for the killer of my wife, someone I don’t give two shits about, and my son, someone else I didn’t give two shits about.

That was the biggest mistake in fallout 4, trying to tell a story about the main character instead of letting the payer write their own story playing ‘chose your own adventure’ in their world and allowing those interactions to be the means by which the player decides who the player characters is.

Fallout 76 can bite my ass.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I platinumed FO4, the biggest problem i have with it is that they forgot who the main character of their story is and it’s not the player;

It’s the world.

Their world is the main character, the PC is just the vehicle by which you interact with that character. You should be a blank slate, easily as much Joe the mechanic, Jane the Psycho, Ralph the Jerk, or Sarah the paragon of heroics.

By revolving the game world around the PC you not only predecide who that character is but how they will interact with the world (not completely, but there is a definite narrowing of options) . Leaving the character as a virtual blank slate like in 3 and NV with only the most basic of story elements tied directly to the main character is the better way to go.

In 3 and NV you can decide whether or not to care about your Father/Courier Job. It is incidental how the PC feels about them as the player decides that not the story.

Fallout 4 almost makes no sense because of the amount of time I spent hunting down pencils, duct tape, and other misc. materials in order to build my base at the drive in as opposed to searching for the killer of my wife, someone I don’t give two shits about, and my son, someone else I didn’t give two shits about.

That was the biggest mistake in fallout 4, trying to tell a story about the main character instead of letting the payer write their own story playing ‘chose your own adventure’ in their world and allowing those interactions to be the means by which the player decides who the player characters is.

Fallout 76 can bite my ass.

This is one of the side effects of having a fully voiced protagonist. Give me much more varied options and text any day.

• 1Solidarity

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Institute wins is the only true ending.

My Institute speech to the wasteland was great. I basically said we don’t care about anyone and their only future role will be as slaves.

I made my version of the Institute Enclave 2.0

• 1Like