Fallout 4

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I mentioned in another thread that I had my appendix out two days ago. So i'm out of work for 2 weeks. So this week I am in too much pain to go downstairs and sit at the PC (master race) to play anything. But next week? I should be able to get out of bed and then..... oh shit son! That's the same week FO4 comes out! I should have a good solid 7 days of nothing but Fallout geekage! Life will be goood. Good timing on that appendix eh?
Two weeks for an appendix? I was back at work within the first week!

Pussy EMT's!!

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Depends on the state of the appendix and the surgeon.

If your shit bursts and there is a lot of infection( or whatever they call it after the surgery) that shit is horrible.
I had Appendicitis twice, the second time I rode around on my motorcycle for 3 days. Got into the ER complaining about the pain I had been experiencing, they took one look at via CT scan or whatever and freaked out that it was going to burst any second. They put me under even though I had eaten recently and yanked it out. I had a bad infection for 2 days and had to stay in the hospital for that. Three days being home and I was good enough to go into work, in the Marines.

Gerbil is just milking this for FO4 time and he should be ashamed!!

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
have the trait options been leaked? did a search on /r fo4 but didn't see anything. Assuming they'll be mostly the same as previous editions...

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Any idea when GMG is going to be sending out Steam codes?
Could honestly be as late as release date/time

But will probably be by sometime Friday. I don't know that for a fact, I'm merely going on previous pre orders on that site and when I've received my keys, so its purely a guess.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Spoilered it just in case, nothing really spoilery in there, just some general info but whatever.
So there's only one companion slot? Weird, I could have sworn they said it was two again like NV. The original perk list talked about companions being able to heal each other, but I see that is gone now in the updated list.

Keep in mind I'm a PC purist for FPS games but that doesn't seem too FPS to me.
Unless you play melee/unarmed it absolutely is a FPS. Controller will suck, just like it sucked in FO3 and NV. Wish it wasn't the case, as I try and usually end up sticking with gamepad in every game that supports it these days, but I don't see any way around it.

have the trait options been leaked? did a search on /r fo4 but didn't see anything. Assuming they'll be mostly the same as previous editions...
If by "previous editions" you mean FO3 which had no traits at all, then yes you are correct--FO4 is the same.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
This one is displaying for me properly at work, it'll give me something to fuck off with for an hour.

Thanks bruh.

Dudebro_sl

shitlord
I really want to make a melee focused character but I feel like I'll be missing out on a big part of the game not focusing on guns. I'll probably have the exact same problem I had with new vegas and skyrim where I stopped playing half way through, made a new character to try different stuff, and then never finished it.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I really want to make a melee focused character but I feel like I'll be missing out on a big part of the game not focusing on guns. I'll probably have the exact same problem I had with new vegas and skyrim where I stopped playing half way through, made a new character to try different stuff, and then never finished it.
Thing about Fallout is you eventually can do everything with every character. Its fine.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
hh4cVlz.jpg

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Thing about Fallout is you eventually can do everything with every character. Its fine.
The "10 in every SPECIAL, 100 in every skill" character does not even seem remotely feasible this time around. Even just specializing in one thing seems like it will involve a lot of trade-offs. Skills were easy to cheese before because of books, but with skills gone there's nothing that will let you get more than a small fraction of the 229 perks/ranks in FO4.