Fallout 4

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Proton Axe was god damn ridiculous if you were set up for mele. The stealth suit, while nerfed compared to the FO3 version, was still good enough to wear over powered armor. And the sniper rifle was certainly godmode. Rest of the items were largely ok. OA and the limitless supply of alien ray gun that was mothership theta broke FO3 in half. Really, Point Lookout had some fun ideas but just a hideous ending. Combing the boardwalk and killing mutant hillbillies was great campy fun, though. Theta had good ideas, but just some lame ass fights. OA was a snoozefest you sat through to get the broken ass stealth armor. Pit I liked ok, but the basic story was sort of lame (tired of the catch me and take my gear to balance shit trope). The post game stuff they added was very satisfying, however.

I liked all the DLC for NV and I think the only reason Dead Money was hated on so much is that you were trapped in a poisonous area with limited resources and there was not real final reward for clearing it out. Honest Hearts was sort of dull, but the burned man backstory made up for that. Old World Blues is the best DLC of the entire franchise, if not one of the best DLCs in gaming history. Lonesome Road was a big linear trek, but it did put a nice end tag on the entire story.

I liked both games, but story wise (unless you wanted to be a loyal legion rape machine), NV had it hands down. The big issue is that the environment was very sparse and stale compared to the ludicrously manually designed FO3 world map and NV lacked the shock and awe moment of stepping out of the vault into a ruined civilization. The only real criticism I have of NV, when you get down to it, is that it was too civilized in a lot of ways. FO3 also really mostly rehashed the plot of FO2 by using the enclave.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I liked all the DLC for NV and I think the only reason Dead Money was hated on so much is that you were trapped in a poisonous area with limited resources and there was not real final reward for clearing it out.
Other than basically infinite caps.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I look forward to visiting the in game sites IRL as I did with the other 4 games. Fallout is love. Fallout is life.

Which reminds me I am in Vegas for Halloween. Who is down for the Goodsprings Pioneer Saloon Halloween weekend. Afterwards we head to Freeside(Fremont) for the festivities.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I'll have to see if Beth has finally learned from there mistakes that have been on going for the last 4 ES/FO games......I doubt they have.

Now, I admire Obsidan/Black Isle, and they have made a long list of amazing games, but FO:NV was a rush-job (fewer POI:s that were actually intresting, messy crafting system addition with the reloading thing, one of the 3 factions was lacking so much content even they devs appologize for it, made the arguable worst DLC to either Fallout game and so on...).
That is what happens when Beth/zenimax control the timetable, engine, etc for the game. Also worst DLC wha?

Oh come on. In terms of consistency of excellence BGS is one of the best game studios in the world. In the last ten years of games they've developed Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Skyrim.
Sad part for me it out of those 3 games, I only enjoyed one of them and that was before the game got easy as hell

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
If this game doesn't have flaming guitars and highway death chases in post-apocalypse hotrods, I think it's missing out on a big opportunity.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Leaked images earlier today:

rrr_img_99148.jpg

rrr_img_99149.jpg

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
So Michael Jackson comes back as a ghoul? I bet his nose has fallen off!

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Actually, looking at my Steam page, I don't even own FO3, which means I only played it by pirating it way back in the day. So presumably the reason I don't remember the FO3 DLC is because I've never played any of it. My bad.

Can't believe I've never picked it up considering that the GOTY edition is 10 bucks during any sale. Maybe I'll pick it up next week.
I also just looked at my Steam page. Every Fallout game except Fallout 3.
frown.png

I guess I beat it before I converted to the Church of Gaben. Gotta remember to pick that one up, out of respect.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This game better have a female, "curvy", transgender otherkin as the main protagonist, or twitter will feel my fucking wrath!