Fallout 4

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
How did you farm an area? You didn't sleep for the couple weeks it takes to respawn mobs did you?

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Going to do a sneaky, gun play my first run. Tossing this around:

STR 1
200 carry which has always been more than enough
Not planning on melee so this is useless

Per 4
Lock pick. No loot left behind.

END 1
5 HP per point which is of nominal usefulness at the start given that amounts to about 20 hp more with balanced stats. DT perk is at level 1, rest is a little meh for someone that really shouldn't get hit much. I'll take this to life giver at minimum for extra hp with levels. Should be trivial to bump this up later if I want to. Especially if difficulty is high end game and I want to suck down chems.

CHA 1
I'll grind some levels for local leader if it really is necessary. Fuck settlements until the end of the game. I'm not going to bother having to rush back to defend when I'm out in the middle of something interesting. Not going to bother until the end so taking this high at the start doesn't seem to be worth it. Especially with reports that dialogue is even further dumbed down.

Int 8
XP. This seems even more OP of a stat than in previous games. Gun nut, hacking, medic, scrapper, science are all pretty nice. This seems to be one of the strongest trees as usual

AGI 7
Another strong tree for ranged.
Gun slinger, commando sneak and ninja are all things I'll be pumping up to max

Luck 6

Always been a great stat. Mostly want better crits. I may grab banker if I end up using vats a decent amount due to difficulty.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Probably realized everyone will be unlocking through nz servers anyway so fuck it

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
After counting the hours it looks like it's set for 10PM local time on the 9th, so not that much of a difference.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
twitter confirmed it's still the tenth and the steam thing is nonsense.

Even if 25% of American/EU steam users switched to VPN to do NZ (It's more like 0.001%) it'd still make sense to do a staggered roll out from a load capacity perspective. However they use steam 100% so steam raughs at FO4's release like Amazon laughs at a new product launch.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Going to do a sneaky, gun play my first run. Tossing this around:

STR 1
200 carry which has always been more than enough
Not planning on melee so this is useless

Per 4
Lock pick. No loot left behind.

END 1
5 HP per point which is of nominal usefulness at the start given that amounts to about 20 hp more with balanced stats. DT perk is at level 1, rest is a little meh for someone that really shouldn't get hit much. I'll take this to life giver at minimum for extra hp with levels. Should be trivial to bump this up later if I want to. Especially if difficulty is high end game and I want to suck down chems.

CHA 1
I'll grind some levels for local leader if it really is necessary. Fuck settlements until the end of the game. I'm not going to bother having to rush back to defend when I'm out in the middle of something interesting. Not going to bother until the end so taking this high at the start doesn't seem to be worth it. Especially with reports that dialogue is even further dumbed down.

Int 8
XP. This seems even more OP of a stat than in previous games. Gun nut, hacking, medic, scrapper, science are all pretty nice. This seems to be one of the strongest trees as usual

AGI 7
Another strong tree for ranged.
Gun slinger, commando sneak and ninja are all things I'll be pumping up to max

Luck 6

Always been a great stat. Mostly want better crits. I may grab banker if I end up using vats a decent amount due to difficulty.
This is pretty close to what I'm thinking too, but how do you know END works?

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
This is pretty close to what I'm thinking too, but how do you know END works?
I don't know for sure but one of the builder sites has the impact of STR, END and AGI on carry, HP and AP.

http://vault111.com/character/

That site seems to be getting hammered as it will occasionally time out but that is the one I'm using combined with Boudrant's super chart he posted a few pages back.

Entirely possibly that is just placeholder and incorrect. I have nothing else to base my decision on right now so I'm using that and will adjust on the fly if necessary. Seems reasonable though.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I can't shake the feeling that 1 ST/1 EN/1CH is going to end up being the correct choice for a gunner as well. I want settlements to be a cool, interesting, and (most importantly) useful feature, but I'm not going to be the least bit surprised when they turn out to be superfluous. And even if the actual settlements are good, is it really worth 6 CH and 2 perks for Local Leader? Supply lines sounds like more caps, and caps have never been an issue. Building workstations could be handy, but is it really needed in a game with fast travel?

Still not sold on IN though. The perks past 5--maybe 6 if your build requires it--just seem so useless. Not even sure Scrapper is going to be worth taking either. I assume those are parts used to make mods, but they could be so abundant from normal looting/vendors that taking a perk for it is pointless. Scrapper 2 seems to be stuff used to make EW mods so rank 1 is probably enough if you just use conventional weapons.

Out of curiosity, why do you want gunslinger, commando, AND science? No way you're going to have enough perks in this system to support pistols, automatics, and EWs.

I'm leaning towards S1 P8 E1 C1 I4 A6 L7 now. Concentrated Fire is just way too strong not to take when rank 3 adds a stacking 20% damage buff on top of the 20% accuracy. Pistols, carbine rifles, SMGs, LMGs, and riot shotguns have all had low AP costs and decent to high dmg/AP in the past.

Are bobbleheads gonna be tied to END though?
Nah, that was just for NV's implant system. Bobbleheads grant the point as soon as you pick it up.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Out of curiosity, why do you want gunslinger, commando, AND science? No way you're going to have enough perks in this system to support pistols, automatics, and EWs.
I'm not getting all those I should of added "could" to that sentence. There are higher perks that I want but those that I don't take someone else might depending on their focus. Just pointing out those trees are filled with options for ranged characters. Commando is under sneak as an example. My stealth build will include sneak and depending on what weapons they have and how they are balanced I may or may not take Commando.

I plan on taking INT high based on the reports that it is a big bonus to XP. Since special and perks are all governed by levels more is better on my first run though so I can see how I want to tweak things. Regardless if I want anything that high up in INT or not. Now If that turns out to be false I'll reroll.

Vorph

Hopefully some of the people with the game already post what level they are when they beat it (along with what they took in IN). My gut feeling is that 50 will be very close to the end of the game with average IN, and even though I might be able to pare down my build to only needing to ever spend two levels on SPECIAL and all others on perks, there still isn't enough to go around at 50. I think my rifle character will have to wait for the GOTY version with all the DLCs for extra level padding.

If the game really does use Skyrim's XP-to-level curve the whole way, then a 5 IN character might finish the game at level 50, while a 8 IN character would be level 55 having done the exact same content. The trend continues from there; the difference between 5 IN and 8 IN is pretty consistently an increase of actual character level by 10% (-3, since you 'wasted' 3 of those levels on IN if you don't take the perks).

Dulldain_sl

shitlord
...Concentrated Fire is just way too strong not to take when rank 3 adds a stacking 20% damage buff on top of the 20% accuracy. Pistols, carbine rifles, SMGs, LMGs, and riot shotguns have all had low AP costs and decent to high dmg/AP in the past.
Dam it does read as a stacking buff, use a laser pistol and pop 10 shots off with high AP.

Also, I havent watched many of the leaked vids but what I have seen grenades look more usable now, more FPS. I have never really messed with explosives in a FO game, maybe its time.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I think I'm going to take 3 CHA just because the Lone Wanderer perk looks good and that's how I play anyway.

Dulldain_sl

shitlord
Vorph you inspired me,

S 3 - 4 - Armorer(4)
P 6 - 10 - Awareness(1), Lockpick(3), Demolition(4), Concentrated Fire(3)
E 2 - 3 - Toughness(5)
C 2 - 3 - Lone Wanderer(3)
I 5 - 6 - Hacker(3), Science(4)
A 4 - 8 - Gunslinger(5), Action Boy(2)
L 6 - 6 - Better Crits(3)

(+6 Special) + (+40 Perks) = Level 47

Leaves room to mess around in leveling and explosives for more bang if pistols arent enough, should have decent defence with Lone Wanderer(20%DR) and Toughness(+50 DT), and lets me play with some armor and gun crafting. Lacks crit generation but hoping Concentrated Fire and Demolitions make up the damage, lacks Stealth but if room could be added.

Vorph

Conc. Fire is cool, but remember that you can't take rank 3 (no rank 4, btw) until level 50. So don't count on it to be making up for any missing damage for the vast majority of the game.

Lone Wanderer is pretty tempting now that the perk page on wikia has been updated. Rank 3 gives +25% damage on top of the other bonuses (though it also can't be taken until level 40). In the previous games, trying to play a sneaking build with companions following you around has been very frustrating. I really want to believe that they've made them a more integral part of the game this time around though, and that I'd feel like I'd be missing out if I did my first playthrough without using any of them at all. Of course, you can bring a companion with you anyway to do their quests or whatever; you just lose the Lone Wanderer bonuses while they're with you.