Fallout 4

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
How many talent points do you get at the start?

EDIT: Steam just sent me tracking info for teh Steam-Link. GET HYPE!

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How many talent points do you get at the start?
You start with a SPECIAL of 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 and have 21 points to spend. No skills or traits in FO4 so that's pretty much the extent of character creation.

If you want a cheesy headstart on getting a couple early levels for perks as fast as possible, set IN to 10 while you're in the tutorial area, then as you are exiting into the world the game will ask you if you want to redo your character and you can set SPECIAL to what you really want it to be.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
A little de-hype injection for y'all.

You can walk+sprint from one end of the world map to the other in just over 10 minutes.
I'm not too worried about this either since in that making of fallout 4 space they said they will have massive amounts of vertical space as well. Fallout style Skyscrapers and the like for Boston downtown.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
OK am I going to absolutely HATE not having the +sneak perk in the early game? I really don't want to put any points into AGI, but I feel like I'm going to regret it when there's some quest with a sneak check or a piece of loot I can't get to without it.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'd rather have a fleshed out smaller map than the barren nothingness that was the FO3 world map

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
OK am I going to absolutely HATE not having the +sneak perk in the early game? I really don't want to put any points into AGI, but I feel like I'm going to regret it when there's some quest with a sneak check or a piece of loot I can't get to without it.
Won't happen.

The design philosophy for F3/NV is to always have multiple ways to accomplish any goal.

Stealth/Combat/Conversation.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Won't happen.

The design philosophy for F3/NV is to always have multiple ways to accomplish any goal.

Stealth/Combat/Conversation.
Good, because I hate stealth mechanics. Gonna dump those 2 points into CHA.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Kind of weird that Rifleman, Big Leagues (Melee), and Iron Fist (Unarmed) have level reqs on the higher ranks that carry into the 40's, while Commando, Gunslinger, and Heavy Gunner don't have level reqs at all. I wonder if that's a [very strange] balancing decision or if there is just some data still missing from the wiki. Multiple sites have the same data and claim "100% confirmed" though.
I think you can assume there are level reqs on everything 2+

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
what build do you have without agi? I feel like if the range is good, Blitz is a must have for melee and the other perks are must haves for firearm builds. Gap closing is the biggest thing missing from melee in FO3/NV, and that's the answer IMO.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Stealth Boy should get you around that. I assume they still exist in FO4, and they were really common in FO3. Not having Ninja is what will really hurt you if you skip AG entirely.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I start a new job Monday in Cambridge, right next to MIT. Game comes out Tuesday. Will be interesting to see landmarks in the game and real life.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I've never played a single Fallout game but will get this one. I just built a new slick PC and I haven't gotten a new game to take advantage yet. Heard this series is legit.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
FO3 and New Vegas are both exceptionally good. Especially NV, which IMO is just FO3 but done better. You can pick them up on steam for next to nothing and they still hold up.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
FO3 and New Vegas are both exceptionally good. Especially NV, which IMO is just FO3 but done better. You can pick them up on steam for next to nothing and they still hold up.
Get both with all DLC, put them together with Tale of Two Wastelands mod for one of the best experiences ever.

Tale of Two Wastelands

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I'm interested to see how different, if at all, the FPS portion of this game is from FO3/NV. I've seen Todd quoted saying they modeled the shooting in this one after Destiny.