Fallout 4

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I know friends who purchased Fallout 4 and are playing it now. They are not reviewers or YouTube celebrities... they just went to a store and got their copies.
What the hell??
If I had a xbox one or PS4 I would have started playing it last week when we got it in at work.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You're planning to use auto and non-auto rifles, both conventional and EW?

How does END work?

It's retroactive, if that's what you are asking.

How does INT work?

+3% xp per IN. Non-retro, obviously.

How many of these special mags are there?

There's a ton of them. Some grant perks, some unlock shit you can build in settlements, etc.
What's your source for END and INT?

Just about how many +SPECIAL mags are there do you think? Hodj mentioned at least one (That allows you to increase your SPECIAL by one point). Is that it? I doubt it'd change my build much either way...

And yes, I've always used a combination of auto, non auto, conventional and EW. Maybe that won't make sense in FO4 and I'll only get the perks that will help any shooter build first before the gun-specific ones.

The reason I'm used to using an assortment of weapons is primarily because of ammunition scarcity in previous games (Due to mods) where I had to juggle 8 different types of weapons because otherwise I'd run out of ammunition. And I know in my last playthrough of FONV the weapons were balanced enough such that there wasn't a set of 3 weapons I could use without a huge loss of efficiency.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
6mKG3E8.jpg

4z1X96I.jpg

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That room looks way to neat to be an accurate representation of Fallout. A real fan would have holes in the wall with mutated rats running around.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
There's a dozen fucking companions with side quests for all of them?

God damn it. I'm still taking Lone Wanderer, but I am only having a companion long enough to do their content and ditching them. Hopefully it doesn't have some bullshit relationship mechanic or something.

Cybsled

That is a shitty way to set up your gaming PC on that desk.
Ya, how the hell does he play...one arm off to the side?

He must have invented these horrible "ergonomic" trays my office tried to give to us once. No joke, the only way to use the mouse was to have your arm in this fucked up configuration unless you broke the tray to allow you to put the mouse parallel to the keyboard.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Been so long since I've done the VPN thing I can't recall all the trouble shooting stuff.

I can connect to the VPN, when I go to steam through my browser, or check my ip location in my browser, it detects me as being in New Zealand.

But when I log into Steam, it still connects me by my US connection.

Anyone got any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Been so long since I've done the VPN thing I can't recall all the trouble shooting stuff.

I can connect to the VPN, when I go to steam through my browser, or check my ip location in my browser, it detects me as being in New Zealand.

But when I log into Steam, it still connects me by my US connection.

Anyone got any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
Thought it didn't unlock for another 20 hours even nz time? It's only 4am on the 9th there.

EDIT: Just tried myself. My VPN has New Zealand as one of the countries I can connect to. No change in the time for unlock. 1 day 10 hours.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Thought it didn't unlock for another 20 hours even nz time? It's only 4am on the 9th there.

EDIT: Just tried myself. My VPN has New Zealand as one of the countries I can connect to. No change in the time for unlock. 1 day 10 hours.
I'm just trying to get it set up early to avoid these types of frustrations when the game is actually out.

That's what I'm experiencing. Its not changing store prices and its not changing release date. But when I go to steam via browser while connected to the VPN it is definitely showing NZ release time and prices.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What's your source for END and INT?
Reddit. EN was discussed in that CH thread I think. IN I don't remember.

Just about how many +SPECIAL mags are there do you think? Hodj mentioned at least one (That allows you to increase your SPECIAL by one point). Is that it? I doubt it'd change my build much either way...
I kind of doubt there's more than one of those, but I don't see any solid info on magazines at all yet. Not sure why people are skipping that section when they post scans of the Brady guide. On the bright side, I plan to start with PE at 3 and then take it to 10 starting at L50, so if there are a bunch of SPECIAL magazines I won't get burned.

And yes, I've always used a combination of auto, non auto, conventional and EW. Maybe that won't make sense in FO4 and I'll only get the perks that will help any shooter build first before the gun-specific ones.
I went ahead and tried to put the perks I'd get into order, and it's much harder to keep up with all of them as the new ranks unlock than I expected. You end up having to only take 0-1 ranks of some of them and push them back into the 30's/40's.

For example:
0OMqOSs.png

That's just a rough draft, but you can see how I had to push shit back--and that's with only trying to accomodate one gun type and one mod type (two if you count armor). I plugged in the most important ones (Lock/Hack/Rifle/etc.) at the level their upgrades unlocked and filled the rest in around that. I kind of forgot about Gun Nut though, and that's one of the ones I think should probably be taken as soon as new ranks open up.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm just trying to get it set up early to avoid these types of frustrations when the game is actually out.

That's what I'm experiencing. Its not changing store prices and its not changing release date. But when I go to steam via browser while connected to the VPN it is definitely showing NZ release time and prices.
Found this on Reddit

Acquire a VPN with the ability to change to New Zealand IP, I use PIA and pay $50 a year for it...a really good investment imo
Exit steam and change VPN to New Zealand time
Start steam and go to 'Steam Settings' 'Downloads' and change region to New Zealand
Go to account details and change store region to New Zealand
Restart steam
Play the game 22 hours from the time of this post!

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Found this on Reddit

Acquire a VPN with the ability to change to New Zealand IP, I use PIA and pay $50 a year for it...a really good investment imo
Start steam and go to 'Steam Settings' 'Downloads' and change region to New Zealand
Restart steam
Hmmm k going to try this out.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Also someone mentioned a few pages back that getting your early INT investment back may take 32 levels but I've seen on a reddit thread that people were hitting 25 in 20-30 hours so it doesn't sound like it will take long to get that return on investment and start seeing the benefit of heavy INT investment.

[?]robmox 12 points 13 hours ago
In 20-30 hours you're level 25?

[?]joeh_9 7 points 11 hours ago
I think it was mentioned that leveling up is a bit faster in this game.

[?]MrFroho 12 points 12 hours ago
If you had to restart what would your S.P.E.C.I.A.L look like? Also what do you think of Luck? feels like a dump stat to me. You get the +PER Bobble early, would you recommend sticking with 3 PER and then bobblehead your way into Lockpicking?

[?]daymeeuhn 11 points 10 hours ago
Hmmm... not entirely sure, but I know I've LOVED Gun Nut, Armorer and Lockpicking so far. Hacking has seemed like a parallel skill to Lockpicking and I haven't fully utilized it yet - it might be wasteful if you have Lockpicking. Probably not, but a lot of the times I'll hack a terminal that opens a door that I've already lockpicked and opened, which is kind of awkward.
Otherwise, basic survival skills are great and the leadership ones are too. I'd say Lockpicking/Armorer/Gun Nut are musts and then after that just roll with what you like!

[?]Viat0r 2 points 9 hours ago
What kinds of armor mods are there? Are there any that aid in stealth? Did I bugger my character by not having this option?

[?]daymeeuhn 9 points 9 hours ago
TONS of options. Mods that increase capacity, mods that increase damage done, mods that increase certain resistance types, and yes I'm sure there are probably some in there that help with sneak. I don't have a definitive list but you will be pleased with the options. (Or not pleased if you decide you now need it, of course)

My biggest mistake/regret so far. (20-30 hours in) : fo4

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Found this on Reddit

Restart steam
Okay this is and isn't working. If I restart steam after changing downloads and store region to NZ, then it bumps my store region back to US currency and US release dates and shit.

I'm thinking maybe the problem is I have cash in my steam wallet in US currency. I dunno. Its weird.