Fallout 4

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
My VPN is working just fine without all those hoops. Log out of steam, start VPN, log back into Steam and the time changes.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
SoftEther, not sure I'd recommend it though. It does have a single New Zealand server but it's up and down all the time so it's dicey if it'll be online for the release.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
SoftEther, not sure I'd recommend it though. It does have a single New Zealand server but it's up and down all the time so it's dicey if it'll be online for the release.
Yeah I can't even get the NZ server to show up anymore through them.

I just used up my steam wallet preordering Deus Ex, which I was planning to do anyway, so maybe that'll fix it.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Hmmm k going to try this out.
It works for me.

I have PIA.

It was the store region that did it. With the VPN active, it gave NZ as an option.

Once I clicked it, it said that it would change the store, currency and possible availability of games. I confirmed that I had a valid payment option from NZ and the unlock time changed.

EDIT: Not sure if this is valid or not, but when googling the problem earlier, it said to run CCleaner before the process to make sure because if you had steam opened before trying to change it, it stores some connect information.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
It works for me.

I have PIA.

It was the store region that did it. With the VPN active, it gave NZ as an option.

Once I clicked it, it said that it would change the store, currency and possible availability of games. I confirmed that I had a valid payment option from NZ and the unlock time changed.
Yeah that's working for me, but if I restart steam, it resets to US.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Yeah that's working for me, but if I restart steam, it resets to US.
It does the same with me, but does that matter though? If you can change it while in steam, just log in and do this in 22 hours or so, unlock the game, switch to offline mode, then play for a day until it is supposed to unlock?

I think it is due to payment options that you have stored. Since I only have a Norwegian VISA, it defaults to the Norwegian store when I connect back, because that is the only region I can pay from. Might not default back if I also had a valid NZ payment option.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
It does the same with me, but does that matter though? If you can change it while in steam, just log in and do this in 22 hours or so, unlock the game, switch to offline mode, then play for a day until it is supposed to unlock?

I think it is due to payment options that you have stored. Since I only have a Norwegian VISA, it defaults to the Norwegian store when I connect back, because that is the only region I can pay from. Might not default back if I also had a valid NZ payment option.
Yeah hopefully and I think that may be what it is. Its a change from how it worked the last time I did this, which was long enough ago I can't remember what VPN service I used (though it wasn a Australian IP then) and what game I used it for (I think it was Dead Rising 2 tbh so its been awhile).

I think as long as you can connect to the NZ store and it shows the changed date and time, it should unlock the game then just put it in offline mode and don't log it back in till after the game released in the US. If not, oh well, it's only 18 more hours till it unlocks here at that point, so whatever.

The VPN I'm using has a 3 day free trial so its not like I'm out any money over this anyway.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I think part of the problem might be having a US credit card and paypal account attached to my steam account. So I deleted them. Going to try and see if that doesn't help resolve the issues.

I've tried using that same exact desk for gaming, and it's the worst. 1/10 would not use again
But it looks so....comfy

bb2Wqc5.jpg

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I think part of the problem might be having a US credit card and paypal account attached to my steam account. So I deleted them. Going to try and see if that doesn't help resolve the issues.
That didn't change it.

I dunno if this is going to work properly or not. Its weird.

Think I found the reddit thread referenced earlier

Best way to VPN and play Fallout 4 early on PC? : fo4

And the person says it will work to change unlock time. Here's hoping they're correct.

Done fiddling with this today got shit to do.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Zenimax wishes Bethesda wasrelevant in the movie industry do to their deep tied with it so badly lol.

Todd standing on tip toes for the various photo ops is hilarious as well.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Also someone mentioned a few pages back that getting your early INT investment back may take 32 levels but I've seen on a reddit thread that people were hitting 25 in 20-30 hours so it doesn't sound like it will take long to get that return on investment and start seeing the benefit of heavy INT investment.
32 levels to make back IN investment was based on the incorrect rumor of IN being +10% XP per point. It's actually only +3% per point, so you will probably never make it up. Only take IN to whatever you actually need for perks.

Edit: Answer to Tuco question earlier (minor magazine spoiler)
Guide confirms only 1 copy of You're SPECIAL!

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Edit: Answer to Tuco question earlier (minor magazine spoiler)
Guide confirms only 1 copy of You're SPECIAL!
That's a bummer but also good to know.

Glad I planned that shit out so I only need 1-2 points per SPECIAL score to get everything I need. Probably dump 3 levels of perks points into those stats early so they're out of the way.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Found this on Reddit

Acquire a VPN with the ability to change to New Zealand IP, I use PIA and pay $50 a year for it...a really good investment imo
Exit steam and change VPN to New Zealand time
Start steam and go to 'Steam Settings' 'Downloads' and change region to New Zealand
Go to account details and change store region to New Zealand
Restart steam
Play the game 22 hours from the time of this post!
for anyone having problems this is the solution - it's important to change your shit in the downloads section AND account details section. 20 hours to go baby!

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>

Interviewer: "Are we going to go to Europe and China in this one?"
Interviewer: "This is basically like a movie, when's the movie coming out?"

Todd's response:

rrr_img_115537.jpg