Fallout 4

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Is anyone else sort of salty they don't seem to have used Ron Perlman this time?
Yes, but it was known that they wouldn't be using him anymore a couple years ago so I did my mourning then.

I think his price went up pretty drastically thanks to that show on FX or whatever it was he was on.

Brad2770

rrr_img_115539.jpg

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Buy any PS4 bundle at Best Buy today and get FO4 and a controller charging station for free.

That's insane with that Nathan Drake, Destiny+Taken King bundle.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Buy any PS4 bundle at Best Buy today and get FO4 and a controller charging station for free.

That's insane with that Nathan Drake, Destiny+Taken King bundle.
Does that mean they're actually selling F4 today at Best Buy? Lol. If so wtf?

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I'm reading that the PS4 edition is having some problems with dropping frames and general frames per second issues.

Edit: Should clarify, SOME PS4 owners are complaining. Not all.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Did this work for you, Hodj?
I won't really know until tomorrow at 6 am.

I'm reading that if you can switch the account store to the New Zealand store, that it has worked.

Its in wait and see mode now.

One thing though I've already set my download region to New Zealand, so will log out of steam tonight, turn on VPN when I get up in the morning, log into Steam and change my account region and we'll see when it hits 6 am if shit works or not.

I'm reading that the PS4 edition is having some problems with dropping frames and general frames per second issues.

Edit: Should clarify, SOME PS4 owners are complaining. Not all.
Have to wonder if its because its reading off a disc for them, and if it'll affect digital download players or not because of that fact.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
After I sorted a new VPN (VyprVPN) all I had to do was change the account details location. I never touched the download server location.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
After I sorted a new VPN all I had to do was change the account details location. I never touched the download server location.
Right but then you're bouncing the unlock data from like (for me) from Atlanta to New Zealand to Kentucky, rather than just from New Zealand to New Zealand to Kentucky.

I mean it won't make that much of a difference I don't think, but yeah.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Going to be a sad day at work for me tomorrow if I wake up at 5:30AM and can't get my shit unlocked.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I have a meeting monday
frown.png
So tempted to cancel my class and meeting. Maybe I'll be super vindictive and give pop quizzes tomorrow just to fail any kids like Hodj skipping out to play Fallout!

Lorren_sl

shitlord
Just a heads up for people like me who like to get thier character looking just right, there are fashion magazines found in game that unlock additional hair styles, beards, & cosmetics at barbers & plastic surgeons in game.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Going to be a sad day at work for me tomorrow if I wake up at 5:30AM and can't get my shit unlocked.
Yeah its gonna be pretty fucking disappointing all around, but people on reddit are saying it still works by going through this process so I'm going to hope it does.

Its been awhile since I did this. I think it was Dead Rising 2 or....Bioshock Infinite maybe? That I last unlocked this way and back then it just switched your account and store information automatically when it detected you logging from a new IP. What leaves me uncertain is the fact that its not triggering my steamguard to enter a new code for logging into from a new IP like I would assume it should.

At the same time, when I log in without the VPN on, the NZ store isn't even an option in the account setting menu, and when I turn the VPN on and log in, then the NZ store is available.

So I'm thinking it will work, but at the same time, I'm also considering it a bit of a coin toss at this point.

Other people on Reddit did this just this past week to unlock the new COD, and a fucking lot of people on the FO4 reddit page are planning to use this, so I'm thinking we have a decent chance it'll work.

I have a meeting monday
frown.png
So tempted to cancel my class and meeting. Maybe I'll be super vindictive and give pop quizzes tomorrow just to fail any kids like Hodj skipping out to play Fallout!
I'm not skipping classes, that's why I want to unlock tomorrow morning because basically from 10 am tomorrow morning after my only Monday class, till Tuesday evening at 430 when I have physics + lab is the only open window I have to play until after a round of tests the following week.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The acutal VPN shouldn't matter so long as you're connecting from New Zealand. Australia has a two hour and more later unlock window than New Zealand

rrr_img_115546.jpg

The first link you posted says the changed store timer doesn't matter. I just don't know if that's true or not. But changing your store location under account settings to New Zealand does change the timer and pricing.

So maybe my concerns have all been unwarranted. I dunno.

I'm using Golden Frog, I signed up for the free 3 day trial of the pro service. But any VPN with a location in New Zealand should allow you to unlock at 6 AM EST tomorrow (3 am PST)