Fallout 4

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
immediate crashes on startup are almost always because of an esp trying to load resources that aren't there (You'd think they'd have a more graceful handling of this considering it's been an issue in bethesda games for a decade).

There might be some logging in FONV depending on what your setup is, I forget. But the fallback wya to debug that is to disable .esps until it stops crashing. With larger mods this can sometimes be difficult because you either have none of it selected or you have a handful of esps selected.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
immediate crashes on startup are almost always because of an esp trying to load resources that aren't there (You'd think they'd have a more graceful handling of this considering it's been an issue in bethesda games for a decade).

There might be some logging in FONV depending on what your setup is, I forget. But the fallback wya to debug that is to disable .esps until it stops crashing. With larger mods this can sometimes be difficult because you either have none of it selected or you have a handful of esps selected.
Thanks, Ill try that when I get home from work then.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Kindly try the actual work arounds from the mods' website as well. There is an entire technical support subforum on their website as well that you can get assistance through.

The first thing I would do is try a clean install as in, completely uninstall the games, then go in and delete their folders and all save files. then reinstall and reinstall the mod. Use Fallout Mod Manager to set the load order and launch the game or use the 4gb launcher exe that you can download on Fallout Nexus, as it may be that your issue is simply that allocating only 2gigs of ram versus 4 for the game is causing you to crash.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah definitely try the step by step instructions for installation for any big mod on a clean installation. When setting shit up I even keep a vanilla/patched installation copied in a different place so I can quickly scrap my installation and put the clean one in.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I just remembered something I did that is slightly different from the instructions that might help if you're not able to load the game. I put the caravan pack/classicpack/mercenarypack/tribalpack.esms after the Tale of Two Wastelands.esm

See if doing that helps.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Yepp, the "pack" order fixed it
smile.png
Thanks for the help both of you.

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Haha, I lol'ed. Regardless, with how much money they've made recently from the FO franchise, you know FO4 is coming.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Of course it is. The question is when and if its soon enough for this to be legit.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Probably wanted to nudge FO4 into official development. BethSoft still hasn't officially assigned even one person to it that the Zenimax folks know of as of a few weeks ago.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Would be funny if some Zenimax overlord got asked about the FO4 website one too many times and got angry that they weren't moving on it and sent word down the line to make FO4 instead of some new IP nobody wants.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Would be funny if some Zenimax overlord got asked about the FO4 website one too many times and got angry that they weren't moving on it and sent word down the line to make FO4 instead of some new IP nobody wants.
amen