Fallout 76

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yup, it has bugs like every Bethesda game since the dawn of time. They’ll get fixed. Heck, they even boosted the FPS cap on PC (goes up to 144 FPS now) with no speed increase.

You guys are acting like you found a gold coin, but it has some mud on it and now the coin is ruined forever and your expectations for the gold coin are forever betrayed.

I don't know if you noticed, but the representation of hate for this game spans the global internet, even to the point of a guy imploding in a Gamestop.

In other words, while normally we are representing a popular minority, in this case, the hatred is VERY wide spread and not even news gaming outlets are eager to throw this back in Bethesda;s face but they have no choice. Up to and including knowing if they shill it for Starfield exclusive access, they even realize the blow back would be so bad they would lose any, all, or what's left of their credibility.

Like I stated, I am glad you like it - but the majority outright despise it, and it isn't just here in our local pocket of holy internet ground. The sentiments are everywhere.

And this is just the beginning:

Fallout 76

Fallout 76

Fallout 76

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Its amazing Bethesda didn't manage to bribe their way to a metascore higher then 59%.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

The GameStop guy is, as stated, not evidence of anything. I used the have guys throwing fits about games you guys would consider some of the best ever made for their respective platforms because they were all cheap ass scammers. And I would be fine with hate if even 50% of the people actually played it, but I mostly see reeeing NPCs hating because they are being told to hate it.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
The GameStop guy is, as stated, not evidence of anything. I used the have guys throwing fits about games you guys would consider some of the best ever made for their respective platforms because they were all cheap ass scammers. And I would be fine with hate if even 50% of the people actually played it, but I mostly see reeeing NPCs hating because they are being told to hate it.

Even Cohh, the king of shills, was laughing at this game and saying how bad it was.

I do not think in this day and age of streaming, previews, live game play, etc - we need to plunk down 60 for a game to make sure it doesn't suck or to talk about glaring faults or why something shouldn't have been launched. We can see that on our own with the access afforded to us via Twitch, Youtube, and popular streamers.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
And I would be fine with hate if even 50% of the people actually played it, but I mostly see reeeing NPCs hating because they are being told to hate it.

Weird, most reviews seem to indicate people have played the game.

You talking about your family and/or colleagues perhaps?

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
He's probably talking about a lot of the people here and on other social media shit, and he has a point. People like to jump onto the hate-bandwagon way too much just to vent their opinions and it amplifies the negativity to meme levels and draws away from useful criticism.

The game IS shit though. (Disclaimer: Haven't played it)

• 1Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't know if you noticed, but the representation of hate for this game spans the global internet, even to the point of a guy imploding in a Gamestop.

In other words, while normally we are representing a popular minority, in this case, the hatred is VERY wide spread and not even news gaming outlets are eager to throw this back in Bethesda;s face but they have no choice. Up to and including knowing if they shill it for Starfield exclusive access, they even realize the blow back would be so bad they would lose any, all, or what's left of their credibility.

Like I stated, I am glad you like it - but the majority outright despise it, and it isn't just here in our local pocket of holy internet ground. The sentiments are everywhere.

And this is just the beginning:

Fallout 76

Fallout 76

Fallout 76

Yeah, there is definitely massive dislike for this game. Especially from the Fallout fans. My brother has played every version of Fallout multiple times, done all the mods, etc (he's also a big Morrowind mod fan). He wouldn't even buy the game or try the beta. Mumbled something about pvp when I asked him about it. Gonna see him for thanksgiving, I'll ask him in more detail why he wouldn't even look at it.

Don't really understand the hate, but it's certainly real. I assume it has something to do with disappointing the fan base and it blowing up from there. Some sort of mass hypnosis, lol. It happens a lot now days with social media. Outrage just blows up out of all proportion. That isn't to say the game's problems don't exist, but the way everyone is acting you would think their best friend was murdered or something.

I don't think the game is great or anything, but it's playable, and feels like Fallout to me (being a very casual Fallout player). Wasn't really expecting anything, so it's been enjoyable so far. It will be interesting to see how Bethesda responds to all of the complaints though. I expect a lot of very big changes will be coming.

• 1Like

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
He's probably talking about a lot of the people here and on other social media shit, and he has a point. People like to jump onto the hate-bandwagon way too much just to vent their opinions and it amplifies the negativity to meme levels and draws away from useful criticism.

The game IS shit though. (Disclaimer: Haven't played it)
I can understand some pleb throwing shade without playing the game can be counterproductive but most people here are deep enough into the gaming scene to know how to get juicy details about the game without laying hands on it themselves. Between twitch, youtube and truested game reviewers(not talking about Gaming journos) there is enough info out there to draw some conclusions.

• 1Like

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, there is definitely massive dislike for this game. Especially from the Fallout fans. My brother has played every version of Fallout multiple times, done all the mods, etc (he's also a big Morrowind mod fan). He wouldn't even buy the game or try the beta. Mumbled something about pvp when I asked him about it. Gonna see him for thanksgiving, I'll ask him in more detail why he wouldn't even look at it.

Don't really understand the hate, but it's certainly real. I assume it has something to do with disappointing the fan base and it blowing up from there. Some sort of mass hypnosis, lol. It happens a lot now days with social media. Outrage just blows up out of all proportion. That isn't to say the game's problems don't exist, but the way everyone is acting you would think their best friend was murdered or something.

I don't think the game is great or anything, but it's playable, and feels like Fallout to me (being a very casual Fallout player). Wasn't really expecting anything, so it's been enjoyable so far. It will be interesting to see how Bethesda responds to all of the complaints though. I expect a lot of very big changes will be coming.
What is actually fallout?
It used to be a mix of exploration, story and atmosphere in an RPG package. From time to time they added something else like squad turn combat or base building but it was always built on top of the previous combination.
They dismantled that original combination and tacked on survival and pvp in a halfass way that leaves you just scratching your head.
As an optional gameplay mode either of those would have been fine if combined with what was understood to be "Fallout" but they fucked it up royally and charged AAA price for it.
That is why people are upset.

• 2Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The main harm that comes from the outrage bandwagon is that people who are legitimately enjoying the game have difficulty in discussing it without the wagon steamrolling them them in the process.

It's good to be critical. It's not good to be a dick to your fellow gamer who are just trying to enjoy themselves.

I'm not levying this at anyone here, it's just something to keep in mind with this stuff.

• 1Solidarity

Cybsled

I can understand some pleb throwing shade without playing the game can be counterproductive but most people here are deep enough into the gaming scene to know how to get juicy details about the game without laying hands on it themselves. Between twitch, youtube and truested game reviewers(not talking about Gaming journos) there is enough info out there to draw some conclusions.

The social media effect magnified it though. 1 person with a channel says something sucks and 30,000 people just agree. Shroud’s channel was funny, you had some people raging that he liked the game in chat and a large chunk said they wanted to try the game after watching him. It goes both ways with both positive and negative.

Sentagur

Low and to the left
<Silver Donator>
It's not good to be a dick to your fellow gamer who are just trying to enjoy themselves.
I thought that was the entire point of PVP... to grief the shit out of noobs any way possible.

I mean i get you but all the bad reviews that i would find credible have been only dicks to the game itself and have listed the shortcomings and even provided recommendations on how to fix some of them.
I dont dispute there are idiots ragging on the player who enjoy this thing but that has always and will always be a fact of reality no matter which game we are talking about.
This is the internet after all and complaining about all the idiots on the internet is akin to tilting at windmills.

• 1Like

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I thought that was the entire point of PVP... to grief the shit out of noobs any way possible.

I mean i get you but all the bad reviews that i would find credible have been only dicks to the game itself and have listed the shortcomings and even provided recommendations on how to fix some of them.
I dont dispute there are idiots ragging on the player who enjoy this thing but that has always and will always be a fact of reality no matter which game we are talking about.
This is the internet after all and complaining about all the idiots on the internet is akin to tilting at windmills.

Lol, I remember raging against the internet, the world and anyone within arm reach when they nerfed Disease Cloud in EQ. Suddenly my SK couldn't generate any hate, so I took it out on everyone.

I look back on that time whenever some new changes to pixels impels me to nuke mankind.

Cybsled

One thing gamers need to be careful about is knee jerk reactions, though. Gamers complain companies don’t try new things, then bitch when they do. “I want something new, but the same!”

spronk

FPS noob
FO76 will be on sale at gamestop thu-sunday for $40 or 40% off. A week after release. Amazon will certainly price match along with probably best buy.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>

He doesn't really.

People that hate things don't tend to own them.

I didn't vote Hillary, pretty sure I can still hate on her for legit reasons. I don't have to drive a Lada to tell you its shit.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
The main harm that comes from the outrage bandwagon is that people who are legitimately enjoying the game have difficulty in discussing it without the wagon steamrolling them them in the process.

It's good to be critical. It's not good to be a dick to your fellow gamer who are just trying to enjoy themselves.

I'm not levying this at anyone here, it's just something to keep in mind with this stuff.

I agree with this, and I know it seems like I've been piling on, so I apologize if it comes across this way. However, unlike many of the detractors, Fallout 4 is legit one of my favorite games of this gen. Yes, I know it's janky and flawed, but there was just something about it that totally captivated me and had me hooked for months, if not years after it's release. And I guess that's a major source of my angst with this game. I don't mind the online aspect of it at all, in fact, they don't have to do much with it to make it a game I'd really want to play. I just wish they had made this more of 4.5 spin off that took place in West Virginia that so happened to have online coop with a few friends. This MMO-lite/Survival thing though is an abortion as it stands right now and I'm just salty as I've really been pining to dive into a new Bethesda world and this is not at all one that looks like it will scratch that itch. If they make some changes that at least turns it into an MMO-lite (or even better just limited co-op), then I most likely will be in. But I'm not holding my breath because this looks like they changed direction too late and that is why it's such a mess right now, and I'm not sure they can easily find what identity they truly want to stick with. If/When they do, I'll be there, but not a minute before.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
And I would be fine with hate if even 50% of the people actually played it, but I mostly see reeeing NPCs hating because they are being told to hate it.

You keep saying this and even though you've been called on it you still don't realize how fucking dumb and bullshit this argument is. You're telling me, to have an opinion on a shitty game I need to drop $60 bucks and play said shitty gave. Go fuck yourself. There's so many ways to make an informed opinion on if a game is going to be good or shit. Just on this forum alone, most the folks that I've read and followed their gaming opinions for years, played this game and said it's shit. Most of the streamers/youtubers I watch and semi-trust to make decent judgements (based on past experience) say this game is shit.

You're fuck in the head over this. If this shit was 20 bucks for access to an open beta you'd even then barely have a decent defense of this game.

• 2Like