Fallout 76

Cybsled

Honestly who cares if the NPCs are robots, though? If you took FO3/FO:NV/FO4 and replaced all the humans with robots, would it really make a difference?

Mmm...Robo-Piper

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Right, but there are fresh corpses everywhere. Every town you go to there are non infected people who look like they died within the last few days. So why is there nobody alive? It's just an odd design decision.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, I think the problem is it feels too artificial. It doesn't make sense in the game world. It's a forced design issue instead of an organic one

• 2Like

Cybsled

Right, but there are fresh corpses everywhere. Every town you go to there are non infected people who look like they died within the last few days. So why is there nobody alive? It's just an odd design decision.

Some of the people look more mummified/decayed, not counting the random Vault 76 bodies you find. I do agree they could have conveyed that a bit better. Based on all the various log entries, it seems like everyone died between 10-5 years ago, a combination of the Scorched plague and other factors

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Wonder what kind of Earth shattering bug was found to warrant emergency maintenance during est primetime. Guess since no one one playing it doesn't matter though that the servers are down!

• 2Ice Burn
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
A lot of the responder corpses look fresh. I mean take the head honcho in the morgantown airport.. It looks like she died in a firefight with scorched 5 minutes before you walked in. Same with the one who locked herself in the store room and blew her brains out.
There's fresh raider corpses all over the place too.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The one in the storeroom looked green and rotten to me.

It's their totally new Radiant AI system! You will be blown away by how corpses age in dynamic ways as the game time progresses! Not like all those other games that have scripted corpse decomposition!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Jokes on them (and on me?), I got my refund.. then bought it again for 1/2 the price!

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
I accidently discovered how to make your inventory weightless, any of you dudes playing want to know how let me know and I'll pay it here.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think the main thing going on here is Bethesda already has had a significant amount of critics. People who hate the technical state of their games. And older fallout fans who hate the new direction the character role playing has taken (IE been all but cut out). Now, they decide to release this game with a similar coat of paint but totally different design direction and those two groups all of a sudden have a bunch more company. This third group were more tolerant of their issues before, but now that it's a game they don't particularly like, all of the other issues with Bethesda games are a whole lot more intolerable.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games this gen, and I still play it to this day. I missed Skyrim when it originally released, but picked up the remaster on PS4 and I love it too. This game seems real close to being able scratch the same itch as the previous two games, but I absolutely need them to fix the game ending bugs like quests disappearing, and your camp going blank when you log out (or at least address it with explanation). I also need the stash limit to be resolved (this one is tricky due to exactly why it's a thing in the first place).

With that said there are things I still don't like with 76's design: PVP, the survival aspects (everything having a weight), and the leveling system looks really lame at first glance with cards being your perks that have a pretty heavy cap on how many you can equip at once. I have read that once you hit level 50 levels are pretty meaningless at that point. Maybe as the game evolves that stuff will improve, but the last thing I need to do with this game is get some expectation that is completely unrealistic, as Bethesda has had very little to say so far. Understandably so as they have been getting dunked on from a large part of the community, myself included and that's the problem they face. They have pissed off way more people than they have in the past, and I am waiting to see how they respond.

• 2Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, I think that's the thing when trying something new with an established franchise. You have to execute well enough that you bring in more people than you piss of from making change.

It's fine and even sometimes necessary to try new directions but it needs a little more thought and execution than what we've seen here.

• 2Solidarity

Cybsled

Levels after 50 are mostly useful to pick cards you didn't pick pre-50, so best used for stuff like crafting/secondary builds/etc.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Levels after 50 are mostly useful to pick cards you didn't pick pre-50, so best used for stuff like crafting/secondary builds/etc.

Ok so what is capped? I know the SPECIAL stats are capped at 15 per, but you stop getting points for that at 50 right? How many card slots open per Special point? 1? And if you combine cards to make higher ranked cards, do the higher ranked ones take up more slots?