Fallout 76

Cybsled

I actually had a fun PVP encounter today. Some guy had taken the Grafton Steel base and set up like 8 level 1 MG turrets near the workbench (to discourage people taking it I guess). I had prototype X-01 armor on, though, so I just tanked it. So after I take it, the guy appears and starts shooting at me. I kill him once, get 57 caps. Then he did revenge and spawned again...and I killed him with a plasma nade for another 57 caps. Then he spawned again...and I naded him for another 57 caps. Finally he comes back with some X-01 PA and a minigun. I'm just tanking it and to get cute, I throw an orbital strike beacon behind him. Unfortunately, I misjudged the blast radius and we both got nuked lol

Someone earlier also spawned the Scorch Beast queen boss. There was a bunch of high levels there, but we didn't have the DPS. You only have like 15 minutes to kill the queen before she flies away. We got her to like 70%. Was actually kinda cool. I was maintank for a awhile with my legendary super sledge...had to time my blocks and attack her head to keep aggro lol. Only downside to nuking that area is there is jackshit otherwise besides the boss. Some scorchbeasts that drop crappy items. Whitesprings is probably the best location to nuke for gearing up, I get like 10 legendaries and as many levels everytime someone nukes that spot. Plus you can slip into the Enclave bunker when you need to scrap/repair/clear your rads.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
There are no human/non-feral ghoul NPCs. There are robot and AI system NPCs you interact with/give you quests/etc. There is also a friendly super mutant merchant. Speaking of which, I need to track him down, apparently he is the only source of the metal building plan schematics for your base.

lol

Cybsled

Thanks for quoting that. Metal building plans are also sold by the BoS vendor (sometimes).

Molten Core Raider
Cash shop does! For 700 Atoms. Their "Apology Atoms" for dicking buyers over on the real bag isnt enough to afford the in-game canvas bag according to Sterling's video :p

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Hijacking the top thread to let everyone know that redemption of the $5 “compensation,” is actually a thinly veiled legal strategy that prevents you from participating in a class-action lawsuit re: this bag debacle.

This company is garbage.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Problem for this game is that you have exploits for:

Unlimited Carry Weight
Unlimited Caps
Unlimited XP
And so on...

So how the fuck do you fix this? Reset everything? Grats on pissing off every customer out there! Let it be? Erm, ok by my alt with 80.000+ grenades will provide caps for me forever? My 5 alts all level 50+ since you didnt fix the xp exploit says hello! Make some materials scarse = I have so many bulk Aluminum, Gears, Screws... that my alts can hardly move. Also I can buy Bulk Anything since, you know, you gave me 30+K per hour.

I honestly do not know what they can do to fix this.

All I, and my friends, want, is private servers where we can play together exploring WV without some fucktard with a 3000+ DPS weapon oneshoting us.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Sorry, I do know what they can do to fix this:

Reset the fucking servers once they fixed all exploits free to watch on youtube right now. Then grant current customers unlimited Atoms + some nice ingame stuff. Once that is out of the way, let the games begin.

DethBreth

Lord Nagafen Raider
logged on today... first time in a while... killed a robot... went to cook something...game crashes... uninstall

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Problem for this game is that you have exploits for:

Unlimited Carry Weight
Unlimited Caps
Unlimited XP
And so on...

So how the fuck do you fix this? Reset everything? Grats on pissing off every customer out there! Let it be? Erm, ok by my alt with 80.000+ grenades will provide caps for me forever? My 5 alts all level 50+ since you didnt fix the xp exploit says hello! Make some materials scarse = I have so many bulk Aluminum, Gears, Screws... that my alts can hardly move. Also I can buy Bulk Anything since, you know, you gave me 30+K per hour.

I honestly do not know what they can do to fix this.

All I, and my friends, want, is private servers where we can play together exploring WV without some fucktard with a 3000+ DPS weapon oneshoting us.

I knew about the weight exploit but not the others. And if people are able to exploit weapons into God mode Can they? The 3000 DPS statement kinda infers that they can. Then they need to get private severs out now and also a "closed" mode once they get that shit ironed out and leave the current stuff as open.

This is just more unintended consequences of going online. Yes these things existed but easily avoided if you want to play legit. Now even if you choose to not do it others have and they share the same world as you, thus impacting your game. My God what a mess.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I own 10$ indie games that have better online security then this piece of shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

I'm not aware of any weapon exploits, unless they can get specific legendaries to drop. Explosive shotguns are pretty OP and do crazy damage. Double-shot rifles /w headshot multipliers.

Only double shot I've found thus far is just a crappy laser pistol. I also found a double-double barrel shotgun, but with the way damage mitigation works, that isn't as amazing as it sounds even at point blank.

Cybsled

Story is a bit misleading. The Greenbrier event got canvas backpacks that were completely different than the CE Canvas bags that were being advertised as coming with the box.

Bethesda's response to the bait&switch on the CE is bullshit to be sure, but beyond the gift swag being made of canvas, the 2 elements aren't really related.

On a side note, the "500 atoms for your troubles" thing being attached to this I think aligns more with a general customer service empowerment tool vs. an "official" response. I've seen other FO76 related complaints re: Black Friday deals where they got comped 500 atoms also, so I strongly suspect that was just a generic customer service "resolution tool" given to CSRs to help appease customers, kind of like when you call a cable company to threaten to quit and the CSR rep pulls some deal out of their ass to get you to stay. The CSR really isn't pulling any strings, it is just a pre-authorized thing given to them to help resolve CS matters.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike