Fallout 76

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I think that's the thing when trying something new with an established franchise. You have to execute well enough that you bring in more people than you piss of from making change.

It's fine and even sometimes necessary to try new directions but it needs a little more thought and execution than what we've seen here.

Agreed. If they want to do this fine, but build it from the ground up and design it correctly. I think they may, May, have learned a lesson here that slapping down an IP on cancelled projects and resurrecting them to get cash back may be a good business decision financially to recoup, but the aftermath does more damage than just losing the cash.

Course in the end, everyone will still buy and play fallout 5 so I’m sure it’s a calculated risk. Still, the practice is unethical as fuck and should be highly frowned upon by gamers so it doesn’t happen anymore.

Noah

Molten Core Raider
Ok so what is capped? I know the SPECIAL stats are capped at 15 per, but you stop getting points for that at 50 right? How many card slots open per Special point? 1? And if you combine cards to make higher ranked cards, do the higher ranked ones take up more slots?

The max you can invest in a stat is up to 15, and after reaching level 50 you no longer get to invest in stats further.
You can have 1 card point per attribute equipped (some cards like lone wanderer cost 2 points for rank 1)
Ranking up a card increases the cost by 1 per rank - so in this example lone wanderer rank 3 would require a 4 charisma to equip and if your charisma was only a 4, you could not equip any other charisma cards at the same time.

Increase or decrease of attributes through buffs/debuffs does not affect the amount of cards you can equip

After 50 you get to pick 1 card per level and get the random card packs every 5 levels.
So you can experiment more with non core perks after 50, but your attribute selection is critical to what potential builds you could do.

They announced intentions to put in a reset mechanic but I have not seen any details as to how that is going to work and when they plan to make it available.

It is actually pretty easy to level up in this game - even easier if you focus on just killing as much as possible (constantly doing events is good)

Definitely they could use to work on the bugs (honestly i expected worse given how buggy bethesda games tend to be)
, and if they put more effort into the UI particularly for the cards system it would help to make things less confusing for players.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Course in the end, everyone will still buy and play fallout 5 so I’m sure it’s a calculated risk. Still, the practice is unethical as fuck and should be highly frowned upon by gamers so it doesn’t happen anymore.

This year and last has been pretty good for gamers saying "NO MORE". Although the outrage had been building, it seemed to reach full steam with Battlefront 2's P2W garbage, Destiny 2's bad launch, WoW's BFA issues, Diablo Immortal and now F76. Whether you agree with the outrage or not, it is real and the industry is definitely taking notice. Changes will be made going forward.

Hopefully they are good changes that PC players like. My fear is that some of these developers will wimp out and just cave to the mobile wave, leaving PC players in the dust. Mobile is cheaper to produce, very lucrative, and if the game fails the company doesn't lose much. PC games cost a ton of money / time to make, and if the fans turn on you it's a disaster.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well one change that was made already was with BF5 with the whole Battlefront fiasco, no more paid DLC, all the future updates are free. They will probably add in a skin store or some shit which is fine. This is great for players since it does not split up the player base like previous Battlefields did. You either had the expansion packs and played the new maps, or you didnt and could not. This time around everyone gets to play all the new maps.

• 1Like

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Agreed. If they want to do this fine, but build it from the ground up and design it correctly. I think they may, May, have learned a lesson here that slapping down an IP on cancelled projects and resurrecting them to get cash back may be a good business decision financially to recoup, but the aftermath does more damage than just losing the cash.

While not nearly as cynical as your view, overall I totally agree with this. If they felt buying these guys was a good investment they should have just let them build the game from the ground up as a new IP altogether. Trying to skin this as a legit BGS game really blew up in their faces that is for sure.

• 1Like

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Game is 500% more fun with unlimited inventory. Made a good amount of progress in one sitting finally, when I didn't have to constantly find benches and stashes.
Also lost everything I was carrying at one point when I tried to climb down a cliff, and fell to my death in a spot which seems to be inaccessible unless i can find a parachute or something. On the plus side my friend also lost all of his stuff trying to climb down to resurrect me, so good times were had by all!

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Wait...there is no NPCs? I know I am late to this party but not even a single hub of dudes standing around you can engage with?

No NPCs in a fallout game? The fuuuuuuuuuck?! That alone reeks of alpha build. Bethesda puts out some broken games but hot damn that is fucked beyond any fuckery they have put out before.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Wait...there is no NPCs? I know I am late to this party but not even a single hub of dudes standing around you can engage with?

No NPCs in a fallout game? The fuuuuuuuuuck?! That alone reeks of alpha build. Bethesda puts out some broken games but hot damn that is fucked beyond any fuckery they have put out before.
It's a feature! The other players are the characters of this world! What a great full price release!

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
40% off after 10 days should be a new memes.

Theyres so many reasons i hate internet but having the possibilty to have a global voice and tell these big companies they really fucked up is a delightful power to have nowdays. Am looking at you blizzard mobile division.

There is this domain someone saved for diablo4.com and clicking on the link sends you to google cel phone pics.

I just love these internet heroes.

✊✊✊

• 1Like

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider

Just robots, ghouls, some retarted rad zombies and super mutants.

Cybsled

There are no human/non-feral ghoul NPCs. There are robot and AI system NPCs you interact with/give you quests/etc. There is also a friendly super mutant merchant. Speaking of which, I need to track him down, apparently he is the only source of the metal building plan schematics for your base.

• 1Worf

Cybsled

Some more specific communication from Bethesda

Communication Moving Forward : fo76

Next couple weeks patch specifics. Some people have mentioned the stuck in Power Armor thing, but I have never run into it myself. The stash limit increase and the camp changes (bulldozing and the change regarding another player in your spot) are really welcome changes:

December 4, 2018 – Next week’s update will bring an increase to the Stash limit, as well as a variety of performance and stability improvements, balance changes, and multiple bug fixes to the game. We’ll have full patch notes available later this week ahead of Tuesday’s update. Some notable issues being addressed in this update include:

• Stash Limit Increased: We know many of you have been asking for an adjustment to the Stash storage limit, and we’re happy to share that we’re increasing it from 400 to 600. While this is somewhat conservative, we plan to increase the storage cap further once we verify that this change will not negatively impact the stability of the game.
  • Boss Loot: Players should correctly receive two to three items after taking down a boss, depending on the creature’s difficulty and level.
  • Cryolator Effects: Players hit with the Cryolator are now Chilled, Frosted, or Frozen depending on how many times they are hit. The duration of movement speed reductions applied by these effects have also been decreased from 2 hours to 30 seconds.
  • Respawning When Overencumbered: We’ve resolved an issue affecting players who die while overencumbered that only allowed them to Respawn at Vault 76. Now, overencumbered players will be able to respawn at the nearest discovered Map Marker.
  • Stuck in Power Armor: We’ve addressed an issue in this patch that could cause players to become stuck inside Power Armor. We’re also aware that there are some additional cases where this can occur, and we are actively investigating them.

December 11, 2018 – The next update after December 4 is currently planned for the following week. Like previous patches, it will include a variety of bug fixes, but we’re also planning to bring some more notable changes and features to the game. You can catch a preview of these improvements below, and a full list of changes will be included in the December 11 patch notes.

• PC Additions: A Push-to-Talk setting for Voice Chat, 21:9 resolution support, and a Field of View setting are all being implemented on PC with this update.
  • SPECIAL Respec: After level 50, you’ll be able to choose between a new Perk Card, or moving a SPECIAL point you had previously allocated.
  • C.A.M.P. Placement on Login: Your C.A.M.P. will no longer be automatically blueprinted and stored if someone is occupying your location when you log into a server. Instead, you’ll receive a notification that your space is occupied. If you decide to find a new home for your C.A.M.P. on that server, it will be free to do so. However, if you don’t attempt to place down your C.A.M.P., you will be able to switch to a new server where that spot is vacant and your C.A.M.P. will be fully assembled and waiting for you.
  • Bulldozer: This is a new C.A.M.P. feature that will allow you to remove small trees, rocks, and other obstructions so it’s easier to create and place your C.A.M.P. when and where you want it. You can also use the Bulldozer to clear these items from the surrounding area to make your C.A.M.P. feel more like home!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Don't feel sorry for him even though Bethesda is an asshole. When you're a dumb whale who spends $200 for that crap, you kind of deserve it.

• 1Picard
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
You deserve it when you spend stupid money on stupid shit. You don't deserve it when you spend stupid money on deceptive shit.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This game next to Defiance, Recore and Knack in the $5 Wal-Mart bargin bin yet?