Fallout 76

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
From what I gather the bag debacle most likely started out being planned before the tariff but the execution of the order happened after the tariff and the cost of bags went up. Now the smart things to do is to either eat the added cost or come out and say well tariff taxes messed us up so bag is going to be nylon, feel free to get a refund. But as is the case with most corporate retards they opted for option C. Let's just stay quiet and hope they don't notice. You know the demographic that watches footage over and over so they can nitpick the 10 fps difference between systems? Yeah they sure as hell won't notice says no one ever with 2 brain cells to run together. Bethesda's biggest enemy right now is themselves and their over arrogance as they obviously wrote more checks against their fans' good will then they were able to cash.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Who the fuck is talking about a press bag? What does that have to do with the fact that they're not delivering what they advertised in the CE? What they are still advertising.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

Who the fuck is talking about a press bag? What does that have to do with the fact that they're not delivering what they advertised in the CE? What they are still advertising.

Youtubers trying to fan the flame and attract clicks/money.

• 1Like

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Youtubers trying to fan the flame and attract clicks/money.

Yeah, the feaux outrage over the press event bag is overblown. It is obvious it was a different bag. And not only was it different, it was a backpack they bought and just slapped their logo on it. Promotion swag is always crazy. But then again, we wouldn't be here had they not bungled the whole CE thing in the first place.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
they should give every buyer a bag to throw this piece of shit game out

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Should toss in a couple other swag items into those bags and earn some brownie points in the process. People are easily swayed by cheap garbage being given away.

• 2Like

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is it just me or are more and more game companies becoming almost... anti-gamer?

In a way yeah, but it's not unique to just gaming. I'd take what gaming dishes out to us over the way the Telcos bend us over and fuck us dry without even a reach around or kiss. Consumer rights don't mean shit and we can't seem to find a happy medium (not going to go into specifics as the politics thread is that way -->). With that said Bethesda fumbled the fuck out of this bag thing, but at least they made it right, regardless of what motivated them to do so.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think whats happening is studios are under more and more pressure to put out more and more hits. Gone are the days of small studios with small intimate teams taking their time to put out products that not only they wanted to play but they were proud to release, their baby's. Basically big business took over once they saw those billions and billions of dollars that could be made. Shit look at DICE.. For years they made top shelf shooters, took them like 3-5 yrs to make new games. Now? They are required by EA to churn out one per year. Of course quality, quantity, and content and bugs will all suffer. I think this leads to sort of a "jobbie" or contractor mentality as well for all the talent. Either getting let go after a contract is finished, to being burned out by company A, only to go to company B and the same shit happens a year later. Overworked, understaffed, with milestones that are impossible to meet with any sort of quality. Now im not in the gaming industry, this is just my take on it. Could be wrong. But I do think big business and the addition of suits with nothing more than profit margins and stock prices are ruining the gaming industry.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Yeah, their lawyers just told them what it would cost to not make the canvas bags.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Patch today.

Just curious. Is there any amount of fixing that would bring some of you to this game? If so, what would you need to see? Try to be realistic (full immersion VR suits, no).

Do you think it needs a full overall like FFXIV? Or would some timely patches be enough. Would be interested to hear what Fallout fans truly want and expect from this game. A lot of the past posts cover the complaints but they don't really address what constructive fixes are most important and required to push it into the buy column (besides loot limit which is being addressed).

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Patch today.

Just curious. Is there any amount of fixing that would bring some of you to this game? If so, what would you need to see? Try to be realistic (full immersion VR suits, no).

Do you think it needs a full overall like FFXIV? Or would some timely patches be enough. Would be interested to hear what Fallout fans truly want and expect from this game. A lot of the past posts cover the complaints but they don't really address what constructive fixes are most important and required to push it into the buy column (besides loot limit which is being addressed).

I think the entire thing is a lost cause. The best thing that can come from this thing is Bethesda realizes they cannot try to recoup horrible investments (Vogel/Battlecry) by slapping an IP on a half baked project and shipping it out the door, there by treating their fans, customers, you name it - like horseshit.

Once they apologize for that and come clean, move on to Starfield and TES 6 and bring the attention off this pile of garbage and get back to the games people want.

Then, never pull this type of crap again.

Edit: Also anyone that bought this pile of shit should get a discount on either Starfield or TES 6. 50% off on all versions of the game. Valid for the first 4 weeks preorders are available.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They should have just done this from the getgo

So before I bother making an account, how do they verify that I actually purchased the CE? I feel like just requesting one without having bought the game at all.

• 2Like