Fallout 76

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
With that said, the patch this Monday seems to be tossing gas onto the fire. Everywhere is talking about how they nerfed the hell out of the fun aspects, and then further broke the game by adding in more glitches (having to unequip armor and log out to fix carry weight) than fixing.

Serious question, what do you consider the fun aspects that are getting nerfed? From what I've read, the best parts are just exploring and the fact that you can explore with friends.

Obligatory lol at doxxing your customers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

They added some stealth nerfs to the patch and a few bugs that broke a few things. As an amusing side, some people thought "stealth nerfs" meant a nerf to stealth and started to REEEE for no reason, imagining actual nerfs to stealth builds (there wasn't any).

Surprise patch elements:
1) Scorchbeast queen damage mitigation changed from 50% to 70%. This makes it a lot harder for casual PUG and the rewards are still borked, so there isn't much reason to even bother killing it yet
2) Resource generators and water purifiers produce less per hour and hold less. Additionally, resource extractors for metals now extract ore instead of scrap. This is significant because you need a workbench and craft scrap by combining ore with acid and ore ratios to scrap are not 1:1. Fusion core generators now only produce 1 per hour...which is dumb because now there is 0 reason to use them, you're better off farming robobrains for their cores.
3) Annecdotedly, people are saying less legendaries are dropping, but hard to tell if it is just a "my jboots feel slower" type of deal w/o more data.

Bug
1) In an apparent attempt to fix the carry weight bug (ie, logout in excavator armor and log back in and you have 200 bonus carry vs 100 and ditto for pocketed armor), they bugged it so if you log in wearing excavator armor or pocketed armor, you get no carry bonus at all. Currently the only fix is to unequip it all, relog, then when you log back in naked, just equip the stuff and the bonuses now apply again.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It's like every department at Bethesda that touched this game fucked something up. It's not just the devs, it's like everyone at every level of the company just ate a stupid pill at the same time.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
It's like every department at Bethesda that touched this game fucked something up. It's not just the devs, it's like everyone at every level of the company just ate a stupid pill at the same time.

That stupid pill has a name. It's RetardedConsumersax. They were also taking a side-dose of CorporateGreedax. They saw that they could pump out endless amounts of broken shit, have the community be responsible for fixing it, and still be called great while raking in endless amounts of cash. The success of Skyrim and its endless ports, and meshing with Zenimax sent them into a whole other realm of gaming development where the responsibility for making good games was abandoned by the upper tier folks, leaving the grunts below like writers & artists as the only ones that gives a shit about anything other than money.

When Todd & Pete get up on stage to talk to you about the great games they're making, you need to look at them for what they are: Slimy Car salesmen. You are not their target customers anymore, the shareholders are. Or just don't care and go watch you some 2018 Games Awards brought to you by Doritos™ & Mountain Dew™ and then go hit up Kotaku to read up on how your slight criticisms about what you see means you're a toxic man-baby that hates women and POC.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Bug
1) In an apparent attempt to fix the carry weight bug (ie, logout in excavator armor and log back in and you have 200 bonus carry vs 100 and ditto for pocketed armor), they bugged it so if you log in wearing excavator armor or pocketed armor, you get no carry bonus at all. Currently the only fix is to unequip it all, relog, then when you log back in naked, just equip the stuff and the bonuses now apply again.

Hahahaha

We need a "What has happened so far" catch up for those just coming in:

* Bethesda cancels Battlecry - spent too much money believing in Rich Vogel
* Soneone at Bethesda saw what Blizzard did with Overwatch after the Titan cancellation and loss of money and to save their ass for hiring Vogel in the first place says, "We can do that too"
* Said idiot chooses Fallout IP
* 5 Month development cycle - all hands on board
* Reskin with old Fallout assets and some reskinned ES Assets
* Launches
* Complete epic failure of a "game"
* Refunds issued on PC (Nothing on Console. Yet)
* Bethesda then sends wrong bags to CE customers and tries to say oops sorry deal with it
* Bethesda speaks to lawyers - Lawyers say "bad idea fuckos" - Bethesda says they will make it right
* Sets up website to correct and that site gets hacked doxxing all customers who entered their information for the bag they were supposed to get anyway
* Patch continues to destroy game
* General public is now urging charge backs on their Credit cards while giving links to file cases with the FTC in the US.

And that's where we are at folks! For those tuning in I am sure we are in for more hilarity in the coming month. Stay tuned to watch the demise of a bunch of shitbags who got too greedy with Creation Club and reskinning failed projects and Karma is going to now bite them in the ass.

1544111625622.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Ya know, I like Bethesda, and I'm rooting for Elder Scrolls 6 to be awesome, but Christ, this is a fascinating--and immensely entertaining--trainwreck to witness. It's like every time you think they've hit rock-bottom, somebody detonates the bedrock out from under them, dropping them into an even deeper hole. I fully expect next week to come with a revelation that having Fallout 76 installed turns your computer into a literal bomb. It's amazing.

• 2Like

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
They've made a very entertaining game for people that didn't buy it.

• 7Like
  • 4Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
They've made a very entertaining game for people that didn't buy it.

Seriously this is the best entertainment for not spending a dime or installing a video game I have ever been lucky enough to watch.

• 2Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Small startup companies make faults like these guys.

Give them some credit.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Serious question, what do you consider the fun aspects that are getting nerfed? From what I've read, the best parts are just exploring and the fact that you can explore with friends.

Obligatory lol at doxxing your customers.

Mainly Melee. It was clearly over powered and probably needed a nerf, but I don't think now was the time. Also exp gain from higher level dudes seems to have been scaled back too. However, I don't know if maybe that's part of the XP exploit so I won't comment on that one. And right now, I'm still an observer. I won't be hopping on until Christmas time.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely have spoken many times in this very thread, even all the way back when it was first announced in June, my concerns with this game and how it was handled. And I've bashed them. I just don't have a raging hate boner for this game or Bethesda, and after watching hours of streams in the background as I did menial tasks on my computer, it overall seems to have the loop that I most enjoyed in Bethesda games in tact. I was just saying this game had people enjoying it and they seemed to have nailed the shit that what people were actually playing were enjoying, so it seemed counter productive to me.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
They are so hard at work patching that they are now patching from the future...

1544124777877.png

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Nija

<Silver Donator>
How big is 1.43.7? Error logging? I'm guessing that clocks in at 9GB.

• 1Worf

Mick

<Gold Donor>
Ya know, I like Bethesda, and I'm rooting for Elder Scrolls 6 to be awesome, but Christ, this is a fascinating--and immensely entertaining--trainwreck to witness. It's like every time you think they've hit rock-bottom, somebody detonates the bedrock out from under them, dropping them into an even deeper hole. I fully expect next week to come with a revelation that having Fallout 76 installed turns your computer into a literal bomb. It's amazing.
Who says an ES6 would be any better. I wouldn't think they could screw up a FO game, but they did big time.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Who says an ES6 would be any better. I wouldn't think they could screw up a FO game, but they did big time.

Exactly I mean now people are pissed I can't imagine this going over well with their engine. Also get ready for ES:6 to be postponed until 2022-24. No way are they wanting to release any more trailers now with the pitchforks out.

• 1Like