Fallout 76

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Patch today.

Just curious. Is there any amount of fixing that would bring some of you to this game? If so, what would you need to see? Try to be realistic (full immersion VR suits, no).

Do you think it needs a full overall like FFXIV? Or would some timely patches be enough. Would be interested to hear what Fallout fans truly want and expect from this game. A lot of the past posts cover the complaints but they don't really address what constructive fixes are most important and required to push it into the buy column (besides loot limit which is being addressed).

I dont own this game but I have seen my son play it/twitch/ read about it some and it seems there is still glaring bugs out there in multiplayer that could be considered exploits. I think its paramount they concentrate on those first, they can always add content later.

As far as the game itself from what I have seen aside the multiplayer it seems to capture the overall feel of Fallout games like FO3 FO4, FOLV which is explore, complete quest, collect shit, craft some shit, etc...

Goonsquad Officer
Is it just me or are more and more game companies becoming almost... anti-gamer?
i think game companies, entertainment companies, game journalists "hate gamers" because a LOT of their employees didn't grow up wanting to do it. they wanted to get into hollywood / legacy news / high dollar software and they couldn't cut it, so they went to gaming. The lefties have infiltrated HR departments all over so they just worked with their buddies to chase off actual talent. moved in, and got to work trying to recreate what they wanted to do in the first place on the platform they've infested. They just want to farm good boy points and to be able to say they are writers/journalists and circlejerk with the beautiful people on twitter.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
So before I bother making an account, how do they verify that I actually purchased the CE? I feel like just requesting one without having bought the game at all.

Proof of purchase, receipt or something like it.

spronk

FPS noob
Proof of purchase, receipt or something like it.

i've contemplated faking a FO76 CE receipt from gamestop, it'd be pretty trivial to photoshop but then realized i don't really want another shitty bag

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
This must be a ploy to drive the company into the ground and hope for an EA buyout or something.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
They thought shit tier chinese made bags were gonna be expensive? Giving everyone a free credit fraud report service for a year outta humble them.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Fedor

<Banned>
/r/games kept deleting threads about it because:

8LJSJmO.jpg

• 3Like

iannis

Musty Nester
In America all it really is is a warning to not buy bethesda anymore. Which, predictably, will be promptly forgotten as soon as the next elder scrolls comes out because nerds are pretty dumb about a lot of things.

Pretty sure they can be straight legally fucked in Europe with this shit though.

Doesn't exactly inspire confidence in their online storefront idea, does it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
In America all it really is is a warning to not buy bethesda anymore. Which, predictably, will be promptly forgotten as soon as the next elder scrolls comes out because nerds are pretty dumb about a lot of things.

Pretty sure they can be straight legally fucked in Europe with this shit though.

Doesn't exactly inspire confidence in their online storefront idea, does it.

Gotta be honest ill probably pick up the next elder scrolls

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Gotta be honest ill probably pick up the next elder scrolls

I will for sure, after its the game of the year edition on steam and a flash sale. I usually wait the 12-15 months for them to fix their bug riddled garbage before I pick up one of their titles.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I will for sure, after its the game of the year edition on steam and a flash sale. I usually wait the 12-15 months for them to fix their bug riddled garbage before I pick up one of their titles.

If your lucky ~ Skyrim(even with all the release's) still has tons of bugs that have been there sense release, I didn't buy 76 after seeing the first couple beta streams, wasn't impressed from that point on(even though Nuclear War games seems fun), but it just shows that Bethesda can't hack it in the MP/MMO department, and also shows the age of that damn engine.. jesus fucking update you idiots.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
It may be totally unrelated but we did a canvas version of some funny family pictures we took for Christmas gifts, and that shit is insanely expensive. It was like 200 bucks for an 8X10 canvas. I don't know if it's just that expensive to print out a photo on those things or what, but that legit surprised me.

With that said, the patch this Monday seems to be tossing gas onto the fire. Everywhere is talking about how they nerfed the hell out of the fun aspects, and then further broke the game by adding in more glitches (having to unequip armor and log out to fix carry weight) than fixing.