Fallout 76

Cybsled

Cybsled Cybsled you still playing this bro?

Not atm. There really isn’t much to do at the moment. Base sizes are too small, so you can’t do massive FO4 style settlements. I’ve done all the quests in the game/explored everything/found all the lore. Only thing left is rare plans from the queen, but they kinda suck so I’m not willing to launch a nuke and hope enough people show up that can actually kill her.

I’ll play again if they add more content.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Not atm. There really isn’t much to do at the moment. Base sizes are too small, so you can’t do massive FO4 style settlements. I’ve done all the quests in the game/explored everything/found all the lore. Only thing left is rare plans from the queen, but they kinda suck so I’m not willing to launch a nuke and hope enough people show up that can actually kill her.

I’ll play again if they add more content.

Gotta hand it to you buddy. You fought the good fight. /Salute.

Off into the apocolyptic sunset our friend rides.

1550773958127.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Its too late to save this disaster.

Bethsoft throwing good money after bad. Literally this game is unsalvageable at this point due to deserved bad press.

Everyone has moved on. Its day in the sun is past.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Fallout 76 | Fallout 76 - 100 Days, Roadmap for 2019

Summer and Fall updates seem interesting. Legendary characters, new main quest with consequences / factions (NPCs?). I wonder what nuclear winter mode is...maybe hardcore mode?

"stay with us, as we've pissed away 100 days after launch, but are determined to milk this game for every last penny, based on the franchise we don't think has a future anymore"

yea, interesting

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Its too late to save this disaster.

Bethsoft throwing good money after bad. Literally this game is unsalvageable at this point due to deserved bad press.

Everyone has moved on. Its day in the sun is past.

No Man's Sky made a good recovery, despite a horrible launch and massive bad PR. If they continue to improve the game and make lots of content, then there's no reason it can't become a better game.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
No Man's Sky made a good recovery, despite a horrible launch and massive bad PR. If they continue to improve the game and make lots of content, then there's no reason it can't become a better game.

People were far more willing to forgive a little 20 man studio not quite living up to its expectations at launch but working over the next 2 years to bring the game more into line with promises, especially without charging any more money for it.

Bethesda betrayed its core audience, who have barely held on and only cynically thanks to the modding community. Bethesda has long been viewed as incompetent to outright awful as a company and developer, their only saving grace being the community can fix their games post launch.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Im still logging on to sell of my 10k+ supply of grenades (50 at a time) every day, besides that I have to much shit going on right now to "play" properly, unfortunatly.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Lol not looking good at all.

When Internet tough guy Pete Hines stops responding to tweets (since November) because of the non stop barrage of hate towards the fallout IP....

Cybsled

Fire burns itself out if you don't fuel it. People forgetting about FO76 could probably be the best thing to happen to it, then it can be rediscovered when it is in a more complete state.

• 2Like

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Fire burns itself out if you don't fuel it. People forgetting about FO76 could probably be the best thing to happen to it, then it can be rediscovered when it is in a more complete state.

Such starry eyed naivety.

Never lose that bro. Its inspiring.

• 2Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

No it’s the Mass Effect Andromeda of the series.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lol not looking good at all.

When Internet tough guy Pete Hines stops responding to tweets (since November) because of the non stop barrage of hate towards the fallout IP....

Exactly. The key difference is No Man's Sky at least knew what kind of game it was, and it was a game people really wanted. The only problem was, it was missing the majority of what needed to go in there. Fallout 76 couldn't be any further removed from what Fallout (both the Interplay and Bethesda versions) actually was to most people. You couple that with the fact that the game shipped extremely buggy AND with horrid foresight into how an actual persistent multiplayer game should actually work and it was a full on recipe for disaster.

I'll say it again: I adored Fallout 4. It has given me hundreds of hours of play time. I could not last one weekend with 76. And it was not the bugs or the jank. It was the straight up full removal of what a Bethesda game actually is. I don't spend 90% of my time in Skyrim or Fallout 4 on upkeep to my character. I'm actually going out and finding new locations to fight my way through. Yes 76 has that but to even get started on that part, I had to make sure I had enough water, food, and ammo that was kind of hard to find and then hoped I had enough RadAway to keep my rad poisoning down to levels that weren't stupid. And as time went on they kept removing the work arounds that alleviated the pain of those bullshit design choices, making it much worse. it just was not fun to play. I looked at this road map and on the surface I think it looks kind of cool, but they are not addressing the fundamental issues with this game, because that'd be impossible. This game was fucked from the day they greenlit it. They could have taken the Fallout 4 engine, set it in West Virginia. Added a baseline story to it with NPCs and had it be drop in Coop with 4 other players, and the outcome would have been vastly different than this. It'd still had it's detractors for sure, but it would have been far more enjoyable to many more.