Fallout 76

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
These people should be in fucking jail. Seriously.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Should we start a generic Bethesda thread for their trainwreck of a game studio?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Nuclear Winter is pretty fun. It's a bottle game, so you don't lose anything on your character if you die. It has its own perk/leveling system and loot system. Pretty fun thus far. You do need to play with a mic, though, to get the most of it. I didn't have one hooked up, so I couldn't tell the guy who looted a nuclear briefcase that I had the nuke codes to use it. Apparently when you get both, you can nuke part of the map, so it's good to try to save it for the final circles if possible.

Basically everyone starts in the vault. You can change perk card loadouts/etc (it starts you with basic shit tailored for the game, but I guess you earn more as you go). Once the vault fills, there is a countdown and everyone chooses where to spawn. It isn't the whole FO76 map, just a segment of it. I am guessing in full release, they'll use different parts of the map to keep things interesting.

Bobbleheads/magazines give you immediate buffs, so they are worth picking up. All loot is inside containers and crates, except the magazines/bobbleheads. There are 3 special lootcrates. The big orange ones have the good shit in them, like heavy guns or instant-camps or nuke shit, and they emit a 'beep' sound if they have nuke codes inside. You can find power armor out in the world and they all have fully charged fusion cores. Stims/etc are there. AI Enemies are randomly around the map. Only thing VATS works on (VATS is disabled vs. players). They're worth killing because they can have loot/supplies. There aren't many circles, but the game lets you know when it's about to move and it moves fairly fast. Reviving downed players doesn't take a stimpack, but they only come back with like half health.

Once you die, you can spectate or see how much XP you got. Leveling up/getting XP unlocks new skins and new vault quests.

Game runs fairly well even with lots of players, probably because of various tweaks they made to loot (there's no junk/etc). I didn't really notice issue with hit reg. There isn't any bullet drop and the gunplay mechanics are still Fallout, so mostly hitscan. Sound could use some work, though. Both times I died, it was due to enemy teams rolling in on us and I didn't hear them (then again, clanging around in PA doesn't help since that probably makes it harder to hear enemies). When enemy players shoot you, they do get red triangles above their head (which helps, because it is REALLY easy to blend into your surroundings). I didn't see if they went away with time. There's no disease or food requirements, but radiation is still a concern.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Just watching Mr Metokur's stream of the Bethsoft e3.

Fallout 76 getting human npcs is laughable considering how hard a selling point the "no npcs, only players" was for Bethsoft last fall when the game was leading up to launch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

The last real Fallout.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Diemess

Silver Knight of the Realm
🤔

Conan Exiles is a good game?

Conan is a good game. It has a Dark Souls combat feeling to it, if you like that type of thing. Survival, building, crafting, etc.

Has a bunch of bugs though! For me anyway (ps4).

Cybsled

FO76 has more story/quest elements to it. Conan is much more sandbox. Your base building in Conan is a lot more involved. Fo76 is like Fo4 lite in terms of base building, although you can build anywhere on the map unless it’s a POI spot.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
FO76 has more story/quest elements to it. Conan is much more sandbox. Your base building in Conan is a lot more involved. Fo76 is like Fo4 lite in terms of base building, although you can build anywhere on the map unless it’s a POI spot.

How’s the writing now? NPCs in yet?

Cybsled

Tomorrow is last day of the free access. Worth trying the BR at least, it's really fun.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I started getting ads for this game on Facebook. Reported it as misleading/scam.

• 5Like
  • 4Worf
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 10 users

Cybsled

Having fun with the BR. They need to nerf/remove frog legs, though. That shit is OP as fuck with any explosive type weapon or Tesla gun